Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 01:54 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I believe the ending was probably meant to be open to interpretation now that I think about. This is the first I have heard of anyone thinking he was still alive. Everyone else I have talked to thought it was pretty clear cut that he was dead and Alfred was just seeing it due to his wishes for Bruce.
You often use your own personal circle of associates as a benchmark in a lot of different threads.

"Nobody I know even knows who Lebron James is."

"Everyone I know says that soccer is more popular in Philadelphia than basketball."

"I know lots of people who think the Godfather is a terrible movie."

It sounds like you need to expand your horizons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 02:00 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,319,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You often use your own personal circle of associates as a benchmark in a lot of different threads.

"Everyone I know says that soccer is more popular in Philadelphia than basketball."

Haha, nobody knows who Lebron James is? Love or hate the guy, if you live in the U.S. and don't know who he is you must live under rock. I agree with BajanYankee, either you might be lying or you really need to expand your horizons.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:01 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

First, I dont believe I have ever said any of the above so dont use quote marks when they arent quotes. Second, most people will use their interactions with others as a reference. Third, I am not using them as a "benchmark". Fourth, they are not all in my "personal circle of associates" and some of the I dont know any better than you. Finally, you dont know me so dont go and tell me I need to expand my horizons when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:03 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Haha, nobody knows who Lebron James is? Love or hate the guy, if you live in the U.S. and don't know who he is you must live under rock. I agree with BajanYankee, either you might be lying or you really need to expand your horizons.

I dont think I have ever even typed the name Lebron in my life until this moment so I have no clue where he is pulling that from.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:04 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
I think Lebron James is a basketball player. But I'm honestly not sure, and I couldn't pick him out of line up.

And I make it a point to come out from under my rock at least twice a day.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I think Lebron James is a basketball player. But I'm honestly not sure, and I couldn't pick him out of line up.

Maybe you should try 3 times a day and increase it little by little. Baby steps.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

To give you credit at least you know he is a basketball player which I think is good enough. But if you never heard of LeBron James or knows what he does I find that quite schocking. I question if these people know who the President of the U.S. is then too?

Old 07-23-2012, 03:01 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
I'm just not a sports fan, and of all the professional sports, basketball is my least favorite. I could probably pick Kareem, Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan out of a line up. All the others ... I wouldn't have a clue.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:28 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Just found an exclusive, lost scene from TDKR that explains several of the plot holes in the movie....

Spoiler

Old 07-23-2012, 04:02 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
First, I dont believe I have ever said any of the above so dont use quote marks when they arent quotes. Second, most people will use their interactions with others as a reference. Third, I am not using them as a "benchmark". Fourth, they are not all in my "personal circle of associates" and some of the I dont know any better than you. Finally, you dont know me so dont go and tell me I need to expand my horizons when you have no clue what you are talking about.
It's fine to say something like "the Godfather is overrated." But don't follow that statement with "I know lots of people who think it's not that good." You often make these types of statements as if they're evidence speaking to the actual quality of the film.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies