Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2023, 09:52 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Zero risk is a near-useless concept. The risk of being struck and killed by a meteor while outside isn't zero, either. It's just not large enough to warrant spending your entire life in an underground bunker.

The question is: is the cost of mitigation less than the cost of the event it is preventing? If you aren't going to put numbers on the actual risk you're basically saying "cause I said so" with flowery language.
The risk of dying from.covid does not warrant widespread mask wearing and lockdowns. COVID is a cold now that is my point which some are not getting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 10:03 AM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
The risk of dying from.covid does not warrant widespread mask wearing and lockdowns. COVID is a cold now that is my point which some are not getting.
I am certain you wouldn't go sit on the park bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It's not zero. While the risk is greatly reduced outdoors, you can definitely get covid outdoors.

msRB was on a trail and other people were obviously around. Some of those trails are pretty narrow.

If you knew a person had covid, and they were sitting on a park bench, would you go sit on the park bench with them? Or walk anywhere even close to them?

Old 08-22-2023, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I am certain you wouldn't go sit on the park bench.
Yes I would I have never got COVID and if I got COVID from them I would have lifetime immunity.

Old 08-22-2023, 10:38 AM

16,417 posts, read 8,223,904 times
So these people who wear masks while out on a nature walk...do they wear a mask when they go to the gym? A restaurant? To get their hair done? The beach? The pool? To grocery shop? to go to the library? If you are wearing a mask out on a walk because you are afraid of getting covid, I better not see your ass sitting eating in a restaurant. People are pretty choosy about where they wear the masks and that's what I find comical about it all.

Old 08-22-2023, 10:46 AM

9,102 posts, read 6,324,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
So these people who wear masks while out on a nature walk...do they wear a mask when they go to the gym? A restaurant? To get their hair done? The beach? The pool? To grocery shop? to go to the library? If you are wearing a mask out on a walk because you are afraid of getting covid, I better not see your ass sitting eating in a restaurant. People are pretty choosy about where they wear the masks and that's what I find comical about it all.
I never once donned a mask outdoors. Of course I don't really care what other people do as long as they don't try to control me. Live and let live.

Old 08-22-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Yes I would I have never got COVID and if I got COVID from them I would have lifetime immunity.
From what I've read, getting covid typically provides immunity for about 10 months.

Old 08-22-2023, 11:55 AM

Quote:
From what I've read, getting covid typically provides immunity for about 10 months.
It's a lie to push the vaccine. Like many other lies.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:20 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,109,149 times
Quote:
It's downright deceitful and dangerous to lie about the vaccine's efficacy, and cause people to die. There's a reason why the Covid death rates were higher in red vs. blue states.

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/25/11899...cans-gap-study

Old 08-22-2023, 12:21 PM

16,417 posts, read 8,223,904 times
I just ordered a sandwich and there were two people working there. One person had on gloves and the other one didn't. I got the no gloves person making my sandwich. I get way more irritated with things like that then I do about masks/covid. People out on nature walks wearing masks, but then there are employees in restaurants not wearing gloves when they make a sandwich. I complained about it to my 9 year old who was with me and he said, she probably washed her hands. Sometimes you just hope for the best i guess.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Then how would you explain people getting covid multiple times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts