Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 09:20 AM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
The corrections officer union is opposing vaccine mandates, so I think it's safe to say that most correction officers are anti-vaccine.

It's absolutely not safe to say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 09:37 AM

15,798 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Oh and don't EVER disagree lol
Isn' that just the rule of the internet in general??

Old 08-20-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
You can become an EMT with just a few weeks of training - it was a popular thing at my high school to train as an EMT as a summer job in a local tourist area.

Last I knew, the Basic class is 200+ hours. Many EMTs in Mass. are Paramedics, which is easily a 1000 hour course. It's more extensive training than a basic Nursing degree, and allows one to provide a higher level of care in many cases.

Of course I would trust an epidemiologist's opinion over a CNA when it comes to vaccinations, but belittling other professions in the process is uncalled for. The largest group of vaccine refusers are PHDs. I assume those involved in epidemiology and related are not what's responsible for that disparaging statistic, but I think a little more humility is due around here.

The elitism on this board certainly is mind blowing, as well as the misinformation being spread. I mean COs couldn't meet the "low bar" required to become police officers? Many are using this thread to push long running agendas of their own, which I promise you is NOT about the discussion of Covid in Massachusetts.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:45 AM

16,405 posts, read 8,198,277 times
It'a sickening. Most cops I know have done more with their lives than the dime a dozen engineers I know. Such a low bar life though.

For the record I know plenty of vaccinated republicans as well.

Last edited by msRB311; 08-20-2021 at 10:05 AM..

Old 08-20-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It'a sickening. Most cops I know have done more with their lives than the dime a dozen engineering majors I know. Such a low bar life though.

For the record I know plenty of vaccinated republicans as well.

Like I said it's an agenda. There are occupations out there that one might make an honest case of being "low bar for entry", however you will never see them singled out by these people due to fear of appearing "un-PC".

Not to say that they "should" be disparaged either; as many of them are difficult, thankless, yet vital jobs as deserving of dignity as anyone else. But the cowardice and hypocrisy around it, you can sniff from a mile away.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:01 AM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I'm going back to hibernation--between the anti-vaxxers and the "mandate vaccinations now" crowd, it's as though everybody has lost their rational minds.
I rarely post on this topic anymore. I do continue to read through it and both sides of the vaccine debate are becoming nearly hysterical.

I am vaccinated and I will get a booster when it is recommended but I still live my day to day life no different than much of 2020. The only change for me in lifestyle between the summer of 2020 the summer of 2021 is that I no longer use masks. I keep them around for the rare circumstances when it is required but otherwise I do not wear them. Being vaccinated and continuing to practice physical social distancing is enough for me to feel safe.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:06 AM

Right and everyone here assumes people in these so called low paying low bar jobs are Republicans.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:12 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
The corrections officer union is opposing vaccine mandates, so I think it's safe to say that most correction officers are anti-vaccine.

There's no elitism in saying that not all opinions are equal, and that those without an advanced education in epidemiology, medicine, public health, and/or research do not have a leg to stand on compared to those who do.

I don't know about you, but I want my doctor to be an elitist! I seek out the best doctors I can find from the best med schools with the best residencies. They should be elite if we're putting out trust in them!
I know someone who has a doctorate in epidemiology and they will not take the vaccine. It's bad to make generalizations. More people are afraid of this vaccine than others.that is a fact. We can argue all day about the safety but this vaccine is really questioned. You would think medical people would not question it as much as it has been questioned if it's even safe.

As I said before there are legitimate doctors questioning the safety. I linked a video of a doctor who was concerned but no one will watch it.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:20 AM

For the people so afraid to take it I do wonder what they think will happen to them...grow horns or a tail? I'm sure most people have ingested or taken in things that could have caused harm

Old 08-20-2021, 11:23 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Nice let's just belittle people based on their profession and perhaps lack of opportunities.

Plenty of nurses and EMTs out there aren't getting the vaccine either. All the losers in life are refusing the vaccine as far as this forum is concerned.
And pretty soon they will be as their private employers begin to require them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts