Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2023, 10:34 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times

Advertisements

What's even more comical is some of these mask wearers who look down on others who don't wear masks aren't even wearing the appropriate type of mask that provides the most protection. Sorry to break it to them but cloth masks made with fabric from Michael's or Joann's craft stores with kitty cat print isn't going to protect you! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2023, 10:39 AM

958 posts, read 530,986 times
Secret of Polichinelle !!!

Stupid people exist among mask wearers.

Question is ... why does their opinion matter to you so much you need to discuss it?

I see some people in masks (very rare now), but they do not try to interact with me about wearing masks. I only hear about some outrageous incidents both ways.

Old 08-21-2023, 10:44 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post

Question is ... why does their opinion matter to you so much you need to discuss it?

I see some people in masks (very rare now), but they do not try to interact with me about wearing masks. I only hear about some outrageous incidents both ways.
They don't bother me and I don't say anything to anyone I see wearing a mask. I'd love to say something to those fabric mask wearers though. If they honestly think it's helping them I want them to be aware it's providing no protection really and they need to upgrade to medical grade , N95 or better.

Old 08-21-2023, 10:48 AM

958 posts, read 530,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
They don't bother me and I don't say anything to anyone I see wearing a mask. I'd love to say something to those fabric mask wearers though. If they honestly think it's helping them I want them to be aware it's providing no protection really and they need to upgrade to medical grade , N95 or better.
I agree with you and there is enough information about proper masks.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Old 08-21-2023, 10:49 AM

16,291 posts, read 8,126,207 times
If someone is that worried about getting covid they should stay home. As others have said, a fabric mask isnt going do much.

Old 08-21-2023, 10:50 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post

and you're spending a lot of time talking about it all on here.

Old 08-21-2023, 11:17 AM

12,816 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I'd love to say something to those fabric mask wearers though. If they honestly think it's helping them I want them to be aware it's providing no protection really and they need to upgrade to medical grade , N95 or better.
How often do you see anyone wearing just a fabric mask anymore? I honestly can't remember the last time I saw one. The vast majority I see are N95s.

This shift started during the pandemic. By the time N95s started to become widely available, "serious" mask wearers were wearing them. Outside of healthcare facilities and on planes, I continued to wear a fabric mask to meet masking requirements in most places. Not because I thought it was very helpful, but it was far more comfortable. I stopped wearing a mask into places right about when they stopped requiring them. I suspect I'm not alone. I don't doubt there may be some people who somehow still don't realize that a cloth mask isn't very helpful, but I have yet to see one actually out there wearing a cloth mask in 2023. I don't think there are a whole bunch of them.

Old 08-21-2023, 11:35 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
How often do you see anyone wearing just a fabric mask anymore? I honestly can't remember the last time I saw one. The vast majority I see are N95s.
Agree that I don't see cloth masks anymore...but N95s being the majority? Wow, which circles do you hang out it...I see the blue (surgicals) and KN95 mostly. N95...very rare IMO (talking about public places of commerce...not medical buildings).

Old 08-21-2023, 11:40 AM

I see plenty of blue surgicals being worn still, mostly in the inner city.

The person I walked by yesterday on a dirt walking trail was wearing a KN95. I just can't help but wonder what that young woman was thinking in putting on a mask on an 80 degree day to go for an outdoor walk. Maybe she hates her face? Maybe she wants to avoid people? It's just hard to imagine any young person in 2023 thinking, i don't want to get covid so I'm putting on my N95 for my fresh air walk this morning.

Old 08-21-2023, 12:09 PM

12,816 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Agree that I don't see cloth masks anymore...but N95s being the majority? Wow, which circles do you hang out it...I see the blue (surgicals) and KN95 mostly. N95...very rare IMO (talking about public places of commerce...not medical buildings).
I meant KN95. Some surgicals too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts