Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2020, 02:53 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Rentals are making you sign a waiver attesting the fact that you have quarantined for 14 days at home in isolation.

I literally just sent in the paperwork and deposit for a NH rental at the end of the month.
Vermont lets you quarantine at home for 7 days and then get tested if you don’t want to do the 14 day quarantine. It’s kind of stupid since there are so many asymptomatic people and the test is at least 30% false negative. I expect an awful lot of people will just lie and sign the form claiming they quarantined for 14 days. Unless you completely pull the plug on tourism for the summer, it’s going to spread heavily to rural northern New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 04:27 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times
Good ole Charlie Faker phase II, still won’t lift this authoritarian lock down. However if you protest , riot and loot no problem!

Old 06-08-2020, 07:12 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Well, that's strange to me. What if the person is an essential worker and is going out to work? What if that person or any person just plain lies on the waiver? Are there consequences of any kind? Sounds off to me. Maybe a "guidance" more than anything.
The waiver seemed pretty toothless. My wife and I read it and then looked at each other and commented "or what?". There really weren't any consequences for signing it and not abiding by the quarantine terms.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:14 AM

875 posts, read 663,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
The waiver seemed pretty toothless. My wife and I read it and then looked at each other and commented "or what?". There really weren't any consequences for signing it and not abiding by the quarantine terms.
Yup, not worth the price of the paper it is written on.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:22 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Good ole Charlie Faker phase II, still won’t lift this authoritarian lock down. However if you protest , riot and loot no problem!
Didn't you literally go to a stay at home order protest at the State House? Was anyone arrested at yours? Why would other protesters be treated differently? And rioters and looters are being arrested. There have been national guard and police posted up all over Boston for the better part of a week. Not exactly "no problem."

Old 06-08-2020, 08:29 AM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
We are also renting a house in NH later this month--did not have to sign a waiver, but was in the rental agreement that "Sununu says any out-of-state person staying at a New Hampshire hotel or lodging place after June 5 must self-attest they have stayed at their home, only leaving for essential purposes, for the previous 14 days." So I assume that since it's in the rental agreement, they are covered legally.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
We are also renting a house in NH later this month--did not have to sign a waiver, but was in the rental agreement that "Sununu says any out-of-state person staying at a New Hampshire hotel or lodging place after June 5 must self-attest they have stayed at their home, only leaving for essential purposes, for the previous 14 days." So I assume that since it's in the rental agreement, they are covered legally.
Same wording for my "waiver" essentially

Old 06-08-2020, 09:45 AM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
Default Three months into the pandenic now: should I bother to complain about convenience store cashiers not wearing a mask?

It's almost three months into the pandemic, and most people locally, at least in my travels around Quincy and on the red line, seem to wear a mask in stores, subway, and even just walking out and about.

What startled me over two weeks ago was an independent convenience store in Quincy where two 50+ year old men, side by side, likely owners or management, weren't even wearing a mask. On both my visits. In fact, I can't recall if there was even a plastic shield between me and them.

Even more bothersome to me at least, my local 7-11 has an overnight cashier who has his mask dangling but not covering any part of his face. Bith visits. Okay, maybe he wears it 99% of the time and simply needed a break or has a medical condition. I didn't say anything to him, but when I enter these establishments, whether chains or mom and pops, I expect safety precautions to be adhered to -- even though after three months now, some or many may feel it's ok to relax a bit.

Should I report these cases to city hall or the local board of health, or even 7-11 itself?

Or don't be a "Karen" (maybe a "Ken" as I'm a male) and just relax and be happy? I'm inside briefly, anyway, so what harm could occur, right?

Old 06-08-2020, 10:29 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
It's almost three months into the pandemic, and most people locally, at least in my travels around Quincy and on the red line, seem to wear a mask in stores, subway, and even just walking out and about.

What startled me over two weeks ago was an independent convenience store in Quincy where two 50+ year old men, side by side, likely owners or management, weren't even wearing a mask. On both my visits. In fact, I can't recall if there was even a plastic shield between me and them.

Even more bothersome to me at least, my local 7-11 has an overnight cashier who has his mask dangling but not covering any part of his face. Bith visits. Okay, maybe he wears it 99% of the time and simply needed a break or has a medical condition. I didn't say anything to him, but when I enter these establishments, whether chains or mom and pops, I expect safety precautions to be adhered to -- even though after three months now, some or many may feel it's ok to relax a bit.

Should I report these cases to city hall or the local board of health, or even 7-11 itself?

Or don't be a "Karen" (maybe a "Ken" as I'm a male) and just relax and be happy? I'm inside briefly, anyway, so what harm could occur, right?
I've seen this exact same thing at a couple different convenience/gas stations, so now I only go to the place where I know the guy always wears a mask.

The other day, before I could cover my mouth, I coughed and got spittle on my computer monitor (at home by myself). Same thing could easily happen to anyone out and about without a mask.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:53 AM

I agree.

I would just take my business elsewhere if I don't agree with a stores particular policy. That applies to many things, not just mask wearing.

In terms of the letter of the law? Quincy has a mask policy in place, so a call to the board of health would be in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts