Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 05:25 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Has anyone heard anything on when they'll be expected to return to the office ?
No guidance. Am guessing it'll be awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 04:56 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Jeez. Bristol County looks like they just hosted Sturgis. 100.9 per 100,000. 11.14% positivity rate. The Florida of the Northeast.

Old 01-22-2021, 06:16 AM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Clearly, things need more coordination, better communication, organization and tracking between the vaccine makers and alllll the agencies who are involved in getting them into people's arms, even at a basic level.

Biden’s Covid team grapples with a basic question: Where’s all the vaccine?
"Just about half of the nearly 38 million Covid-19 shots distributed by the federal government have been administered to date, according to Centers for Disease Control data. That indicates there’s a glut of unused doses around the country. But states are warning they're running out of the vaccine, with little sense of when more will arrive."
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ne-plan-461237

Old 01-22-2021, 07:13 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:

No sooner than end of June.

However, the company is exploring making a permanent WFH/hybrid policy for those who want it, and their job doesn't require them to be present.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:17 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Quote:
I've been coming in the whole time. I was sequestered and slept on an air mattress for 4 weeks in March/April. For the wfh folks they are talking about transitioning back sometime this summer and allowing for some work from home on a permanent basis.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:40 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Clearly, things need more coordination, better communication, organization and tracking between the vaccine makers and alllll the agencies who are involved in getting them into people's arms, even at a basic level.

"Just about half of the nearly 38 million Covid-19 shots distributed by the federal government have been administered to date, according to Centers for Disease Control data. That indicates there’s a glut of unused doses around the country. But states are warning they're running out of the vaccine, with little sense of when more will arrive."
I can't find the right term, but it's negative—exceptionally negative—for how the previous administration has handled this. Biden has come in all guns blazing to get this taken care of on day one, mobilizing a logistics chain that was available to but unused by the previous administration. It's all hands on deck now. The previous administration had these same exact resources and did nothing. 400k dead. It's truly hard to believe.

It's not going to get fixed overnight, but my gosh, we actually have a functioning federal government that is combatting this and trying to keep our citizens—not just the elite who get flown to hospitals from their front lawns in helicopters—alive.

The stark contrast is shocking. It's a true wakeup call for the dark place we've just been compared to where we've always been before 2017. I feel like we're emerging from a coma.

Sorry to get political, but this isn't Right v. Left. This is just reality and where we're at.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:54 AM

12,864 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Jeez. Bristol County looks like they just hosted Sturgis. 100.9 per 100,000. 11.14% positivity rate. The Florida of the Northeast.
I check in a few times a week with my mother who lives in Bristol County and had COVID after Thanksgiving. She's very concerned that I'm at much higher risk by being in Boston. I've laid out a number of reasons why that's not necessarily true, but the data recently (it's awful now, but hasn't been decent for a month or so) has really supported my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
No sooner than end of June.

However, the company is exploring making a permanent WFH/hybrid policy for those who want it, and their job doesn't require them to be present.
We're talking September. HR stopped providing estimated return dates sometime in early August given the fact that it had been repeatedly pushed back and there was uncertainty around the fall/winter and the vaccine distribution. The thought now is that September provides some cushion in case of issues with vaccine distribution or other unforeseen issues.

We're also looking at the option for hybrid schedules (I'd be all for that), or at least the ability to WFH occasionally as an alternative to using PTO (I'd be all for that too). If things look good over the next few months, we'll start offering staff the option to come into the office again in June/July, but September is still our target for a full transition back to the office.

Old 01-22-2021, 08:14 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Full transition ? Interesting. Seems most in my sphere are being told ‘hybrid’ from here on out, largely because productivity has remained high with limited office usage and less than ideal childcare. It also means they can expand the job market as far as RI or even VT if employees only need to come in the office intermittently.

Old 01-22-2021, 08:19 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post

Some states are actually vaccinating people, some aren't (like MA)

Old 01-22-2021, 08:34 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Some states are actually vaccinating people, some aren't (like MA)
I have relatives in eight different states, and these relatives are in the older/comorbidity zone. None have been vaccinated and don't know when they will be. What news are you getting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts