Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 01:59 PM

17,742 posts, read 9,192,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I have no control over what others are doing. Doesn’t matter.
In RI, the governor has apparently come to the same conclusion. She has changed her strategy to now encouraging people to "protect your household" because that is something you do have control over.

Are you protecting your household?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 02:10 PM

16,411 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Yes. Are you protecting yours?

Old 12-26-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Yes. Are you protecting yours?
I'm trying my best. It's still unclear to me if deliveries are safe.

Old 12-26-2020, 03:13 PM

943 posts, read 410,163 times
I care about my household and try to keep us safe. I may not succeed, but am trying. But I also care about others and cry about how we are killing each other due to our indifference and cruelty - instead of taking this as an opportunity for patriotic charity and togetherness. I also wonder what we are teaching the next generation with this "me, me, me" attitude. It will be ugly.

Old 12-26-2020, 03:28 PM

I haven’t noticed a me me me attitude so much. I think different families have different needs. A family with young kids can’t just sit in the house all day for the past 9 months. Doesn’t mean they should be having parties and play dates by any means but I don’t know anyone with kids who is sitting in the house all day for 9 months. I’m sure there are jerks who are having parties every weekend but I don’t know any of them either.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:14 PM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
I suppose. Can’t say I ever had a Super Bowl party. If most people were able to make it without having a holiday party I would think they could control themselves from having a Super Bowl party.
Unfortunately, the Super Bowl is a bigger event than the birth of Christ - even in many Christians.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:40 PM

5,113 posts, read 2,668,728 times
I love this dynamic that some people set up whereby they hallucinate that "other people" are going around spreading a virus and all the "heroes" are sitting on the couch. Sorry to burst your bubble but millions of people are leaving their homes everyday to keep the world running. They keep your streets safe, take your trash, make sure you have food, heat, water, lights, cable TV, healthcare. If they are expendable enough to do all that, they also have a right to get a 45 minute workout at a gym or get a haircut. Viruses spread because that's what viruses do, not because selfish people infect others. And the "me, me, me" attitude has been here forever. Where have you been? Now all of a sudden people want to apply it to this context as if it's something new? Virtue signalling is just an illusion.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:44 PM

Well it seems like people are gonna do what they’re gonna do. Hopefully people are smart.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:45 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
I love this dynamic that some people set up whereby they hallucinate that "other people" are going around spreading a virus and all the "heroes" are sitting on the couch. Sorry to burst your bubble but millions of people are leaving their homes everyday to keep the world running. They keep your streets safe, take your trash, make sure you have food, heat, water, lights, cable TV, healthcare. If they are expendable enough to do all that, they also have a right to get a 45 minute workout at a gym or get a haircut. Viruses spread because that's what viruses do, not because selfish people infect others. And the "me, me, me" attitude has been here forever. Where have you been? Now all of a sudden people want to apply it to this context as if it's something new? Virtue signalling is just an illusion.
+1. Plenty don’t have the luxury of just staying inside all day.

Old 12-26-2020, 05:17 PM

Some people don't seem to understand the difference between essential and non-essential.

Nobody here is complaining about essential.

Going to the gym = non-essential
Going to get a haircut = non-essential
Taking kids to hockey practice = non-essential
Eating at a restaurant = non-essential

And nobody needs to stay inside all day. Hang out in your yard, take a walk, go to an uncrowded park or beach, drive around, etc. Just stay away from people who aren't from your household.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts