Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 10:52 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,097,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Your "choices" unfortunately don't just affect you, they impact many others. That's the aspect that people of similar ilk just don't seem to get. It's incredible that 9 months into this pandemic, the concept has to be spelled out.
So why don’t you stay home and let the majority of us live. I’m selfish for wanting to live, but you aren’t being selfish for expecting everyone to stay home to make sure you don’t catch Covid. I’m tired of all you doom and gloomers trying to dictate how the majority of the population lives.

Let’s just agree to disagree here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 11:10 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
So why don’t you stay home and let the majority of us live. I’m selfish for wanting to live, but you aren’t being selfish for expecting everyone to stay home to make sure you don’t catch Covid. I’m tired of all you doom and gloomers trying to dictate how the majority of the population lives.

If you call the expectation that everyone follow public health guidance "selfish"...it's a good thing you were not living during WW II. If so, you would truly have a sense of what shared sacrifice means. What we're being asked to do now is minuscule by comparison.

In the final analysis, this whole thing will have lasted 12 - 15 months (March 2020 - June 2021). Why all the doom & gloom and "sky is falling"? You really think those of us who follow the guidance enjoy the current state of affairs? No one wants this to be over more than me, but the behavior of people like you is what's going to prolong it.

Old 12-26-2020, 11:34 AM

5,948 posts, read 2,870,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Probably the same guidelines for Christmas. I didn't even think that Easter was that big of a thing here. I always find it rather low key but they'll probably still impose gathering rules. Being in Boston, I'm more worried about St. Patrick's Day. There will likely be some (often young) drunken revelers who will do stupid things and drive up our Covid numbers again.
Unless its an Alphabet named group protesting a straight .White privilege, Irish parade, then the protests will be safe. Just saying.

Old 12-26-2020, 12:07 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
If most people were able to make it without having a holiday party I would think they could control themselves from having a Super Bowl party.
I don't think so. Tons of people who don't even really care about football watch it and have parties. It's just a huge party day...chicken wings, beer, commercials, gambling. And this year...massive spread of covid.

Old 12-26-2020, 12:26 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
So will people be able to have a normal Easter this year? Or no one outside your household for that either.
They were “able” to have one this year. They were also “able” to have a “normal” Thanksgiving and/or Christmas in their homes.

People are free to flaunt public health guidelines in their homes, there’s no practical way to enforce them.

Old 12-26-2020, 12:36 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post

Staying home isn't going to help if my cancer relapses or you have a heart attack and we don't receive adequate care in an overstretched hospital.

This year, many medical appointments that have been scheduled for me and family and friends - including ones that most would consider essential and time-sensitive (like my follow-up scans and my 10 year old cousin's MRIs to track his brain tumor) - have been postponed due to coronavirus. No amount of us staying home when others continue to spread the illness by going out and gathering, thus overwhelming our medical system, will change that.

The limited resources of the medical system are the reason why lockdowns have occurred for an illness where most people survive, but a significant portion of people who get sick need lengthy hospital stays compared to other viral illnesses.

Old 12-26-2020, 12:42 PM

16,296 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I’m over what other people are doing or not doing.

Old 12-26-2020, 01:09 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
I’m over what other people are doing or not doing.
Until it affects you. What if you or a family member needs immediate medical attention and that's not possible because a bunch of idiots spread this thing like crazy and caused the hospitals to be full?

Old 12-26-2020, 01:39 PM

16,296 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I have no control over what others are doing. Doesn’t matter.

Old 12-26-2020, 01:49 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,099 times
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29000W

Quote:
(Reuters) - A doctor in Boston with a shellfish allergy developed a severe allergic reaction after receiving Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine on Thursday, the New York Times reported on Friday, citing the doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts