Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2022, 03:26 PM

23,598 posts, read 18,730,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Any reason not to do it now? Or is it "way too premature?"

I'm sure there are arguments for both.

I can't see doing it now or not doing it now making a big difference in my life or anyone else's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 08:06 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,652,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
There's so much cow manure in this post that I won't bother responding to most of it. But following your "logic", how would you explain the 80+% of Covid deaths outside the US then? The "incentives" you're talking about were not being handed out in other countries.
Did you follow what the rest of the world did? They almost all followed the WHO and locked down, required masks, used the same tests to "confirm" covid deaths. In the UK if someone died within 28 days of a positive covid test, it was a covid death no matter what. When did we ever do all this?

Add on top of this the United States incentivized covid deaths, incentivized covid treatment (or lack there of) with ventilators and then remdemsvir. It was a one treatment takes all and hospitals got money for doing so. If this was really that bad, we wouldn't have needed to incentivize all this. The entire statement, "follow the money" also applies to medical. Sorry, medicine is huge business and if isn't all about health otherwise they would have promoted healthy living and shown who was at high risk and who wasn't.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:39 AM

12,470 posts, read 9,550,156 times
Connecticut news - there are a lot of breakthrough infections, but hospitalization and death rates are low due to prior immunity for most Americans at this point. “ 'The positivity rate across the state of Connecticut is not translating into the number of hospitalizations that we’ve seen in the past', says the system’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Thomas Balcezak."

https://www.wtnh.com/news/health/cor...lizations-low/

Old 05-10-2022, 05:21 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Connecticut news - there are a lot of breakthrough infections, but hospitalization and death rates are low due to prior immunity for most Americans at this point. “ 'The positivity rate across the state of Connecticut is not translating into the number of hospitalizations that we’ve seen in the past', says the system’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Thomas Balcezak."

https://www.wtnh.com/news/health/cor...lizations-low/
The New York Times has Massachusetts age 70+ daily admissions at 15 per 100,000. Age 60-69 is 4.6 admissions per day per 100,000. Younger than that is really low. Make sure grandma is vaccinated and double boosted. That’s who is landing in the hospital.

Old 05-10-2022, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The New York Times has Massachusetts age 70+ daily admissions at 15 per 100,000. Age 60-69 is 4.6 admissions per day per 100,000. Younger than that is really low. Make sure grandma is vaccinated and double boosted. That’s who is landing in the hospital.
Yes, people in their 20s and 30s seem to be showing the most reported cases, but people in their 70s and 80s nevertheless are those most often seen in the hospital.
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...onse-reporting

I just got my second booster myself - I see an upside and no downside, so I do it - no reason to run unnecessary risks.

Old 05-10-2022, 07:42 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,046,243 times
Quote:
Yes, people in their 20s and 30s seem to be showing the most reported cases, but people in their 70s and 80s nevertheless are those most often seen in the hospital.
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...onse-reporting
And even then, only about 1/3 of those hospitalized were hospitalized primarily for Covid-related illness.

Anecdotally, it really appears to be going around my circles again - at or above the levels we saw in December-January. All very mild cases (sniffles, some fatigue, and occasionally a low grade fever), but it's really ripping through people again. Testing doesn't appear to be particularly helpful either. We've tracked several family cases where people were testing negative 5-6 days after known close contact exposure and then testing positive on day 6-7 (at which point they'd moved on and spent significant amounts of time in public).

Old 05-10-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
And even then, only about 1/3 of those hospitalized were hospitalized primarily for Covid-related illness.

Anecdotally, it really appears to be going around my circles again - at or above the levels we saw in December-January. All very mild cases (sniffles, some fatigue, and occasionally a low grade fever), but it's really ripping through people again. Testing doesn't appear to be particularly helpful either. We've tracked several family cases where people were testing negative 5-6 days after known close contact exposure and then testing positive on day 6-7 (at which point they'd moved on and spent significant amounts of time in public).
Yeah, I figure that sooner or later I will get it, maybe I've even already had it... but I just want to keep my immunity tuned up so if I get it, I have a mild experience and a complete recovery... I do not want to be one of those unfortunate people who still have issues with fatigue, breathing, and cognition 6 months after the acute phase is gone - it can be debilitating for some patients...

Old 05-10-2022, 11:43 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,109,149 times
Wastewater signals are the gold standard now. And the trend isn't good. Levels back up to early Feb. I'm masking up indoors in public settings...never stopped really.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/05/...re-rise-again/

Old 05-10-2022, 11:45 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,046,243 times
Quote:
Yeah, I figure that sooner or later I will get it, maybe I've even already had it... but I just want to keep my immunity tuned up so if I get it, I have a mild experience and a complete recovery... I do not want to be one of those unfortunate people who still have issues with fatigue, breathing, and cognition 6 months after the acute phase is gone - it can be debilitating for some patients...
I don't blame you. I've still never had it in spite of not taking extra precautions with my fiancée when she got it back in January. I know I've had additional exposures (including this past weekend) as well, so I know there's some natural resistance there. But the vax/boosters are free and readily available and I'm happy to have the added protection. Long Covid sounds miserable.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:31 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
Covid finally came to my household this past week.

My 4-year old was sent home from school with a 102-degree fever. Tested positive for Covid. His fever lasted less than 24 hours and he was back to normal. Wife caught it from him. She had aches for less than 24 hours and that was it. Then i caught it. 3 days of 102 fever and chills and aches. The chills were the worst part for me. Finally getting back to normal.

Had the flu run through the house 3 weeks ago as well. Fun times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts