Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2020, 04:25 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
ya people knew that it came from a biolab in January. Dont put two biolabs close to cities. You put those labs in the middle of nowhere like Russia does. I believe one of the labs was only 8 to 10 miles from cities.

It is a man made virus with hiv spikes. Disease experts said this does not look like a natural virus. This virus could of been alot worse because its man made. I would hate to think of one of those really dangerous viruses gets out that kills 98 percent of the people . To me its more scary then any nuclear weapon.
Ya know there's one in the South End of Boston with live ebola, CV-19, and other nasty things. BU - National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 05:07 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Ya know there's one in the South End of Boston with live ebola, CV-19, and other nasty things. BU - National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratory.
What are they thinking? that is beyond stupid. why are they playing with these viruses to begin with?

Old 04-16-2020, 05:11 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
What are they thinking? that is beyond stupid. why are they playing with these viruses to begin with?
You have to study viruses in order to develop countermeasures like vaccines and drugs. It's logical, not "beyond stupid".

Old 04-16-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
ya people knew that it came from a biolab in January. Dont put two biolabs close to cities. You put those labs in the middle of nowhere like Russia does. I believe one of the labs was only 8 to 10 miles from cities.

It is a man made virus with hiv spikes. Disease experts said this does not look like a natural virus. This virus could of been alot worse because its man made. I would hate to think of one of those really dangerous viruses gets out that kills 98 percent of the people . To me its more scary then any nuclear weapon.
Where are you getting that information from? I've heard all kinds of wild rumors, but that's all they have been, so far.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
You have to study viruses in order to develop countermeasures like vaccines and drugs. It's logical, not "beyond stupid".
putting them near cities or in cities is stupid. trying to find cures is a different story. there is still a risk playing with these viruses that could make a dangerous virus even more dangerous.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-16-2020 at 05:33 PM..

Old 04-16-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Where are you getting that information from? I've heard all kinds of wild rumors, but that's all they have been, so far.
I have listened to several podcasts from disease experts saying this is most likely man made. The wet market in china did not even have bats there.

even if it is not man made someone screwed up in a labratory and let this disease out. One lab is only 8 to 10 miles from a suspected place of origin. The chinese president said they need to improve security in these disease labs.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-b...ed-from-a-lab/

that is a wierd coincident that there is a level 4 biolab right where the virus came from. where there is smoke there is fire. The article states that PLA bioweapons experts are in charge. hmm why would they put bioweapons experts in charge?

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-16-2020 at 05:57 PM..

Old 04-16-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I have listened to several podcasts from disease experts saying this is most likely man made. The wet market in china did not even have bats there.

even if it is not man made someone screwed up in a labratory and let this disease out. One lab is only 8 to 10 miles from a suspected place of origin. The chinese president said they need to improve security in these disease labs.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-b...ed-from-a-lab/
Yes, there is a virology lab in Wuhan. It is *possible* that this virus somehow came from poor practices there. But the rumors that this is the result of a clandestine Chinese bioweapons program that has unleashed a virus with elements of HIV, Ebola and just about every other nasty virus in history, as is being circulated from sketchy rightwing sources, has no factual basis to it.

First of all, biological weapons are illegal. Secondly, this virology lab in Wuhan isn't secret, it's actually well known in the US and in fact there is even US financial support for research there! Furthermore, what kind of lousy biological weapon kills only 1% of those sickened??? So it makes no sense at all to allege that this is a secret illegal Chinese WMD program aimed at us and gone awry.

Many serious pandemics have previously come from food animals in China. They have poor animal husbandry practices. So if this one did too, as is the working understanding, it would actually fall into a familiar pattern.

Here is Defense Secretary Mark Esper speaking today: "A majority of the views now is that it was natural, it was organic".
https://www.usnews.com/news/national...of-assessments

Old 04-16-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:

First of all, biological weapons are illegal. Secondly, this virology lab in Wuhan isn't secret, it's actually well known in the US and in fact there is even US financial support for research there! Furthermore, what kind of lousy biological weapon kills only 1% of those sickened???
could it have been a bioweapon in progress and the weapon was not finished? It is a fact that the virus has hiv spikes. I am not a disease expert but that sounds pretty fishy.

ITs the hiv spikes that get me thinking that this was not natural.

Ya about the wet market they refuse to shut it down. It is still there to this day. the goverment must be allowing it to be there because this is a country that limits how many children people can have.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-16-2020 at 06:18 PM..

Old 04-16-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
could it have been a bioweapon in progress the weapon was not finished? It is a fact that the virus has hiv spikes. I am not a disease expert but that sounds pretty fishy.

ITs the hiv spikes that get me thinking that this was not natural.
Please cite a reference for this fact.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:09 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
So trumps plan doesn’t seem to have actual dates on it. What’s up with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts