Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 PM

317 posts, read 834,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandZ#9 View Post
So I took your advice as well and sent an e-mail to the manager today so hopefully I will get somethin back........a call maybe???? LoL! I will let everyone know if I do!!!! Thanx and prayers out to everyone STILL waiting!!!
Hey SandZ,
How did u get ur hiring manager email? thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 09:47 PM

67 posts, read 130,652 times
I want to follow NY Yankee's advice too! I forgot his last name though..But I can call the hotel and just ask whoever the manager is with that first name

Old 10-05-2009, 10:12 PM

47 posts, read 122,463 times
I went in today for the job offer for cocktails and all they had left was graveyard (I was actually hoping for it, although the grave hours are 2 and 3am). There was maybe 10 spots left on the sheet. After I was finished I had to go back in and wait for the HR rep to give me a processing date and while I was waiting there were 2 other cocktail girls that were going in to pick their shifts as well (3 of us withing a 30 min span). The pay is 11.88 an hour and they didn't have anything for uniform fitting/processing until Nov 18th. The Hr rep said the reason they are keeping so many people in "limbo" is because they might need them once December rolls around due to many people deciding not to keep their cc position. I definitley feel like they overhired on the cocktail side-There was at least 30 spots for just the graveyard rotation. I can only imagine what the swing and day shift looked like.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:15 PM

115 posts, read 265,740 times
Went into CC Employment Center today around 4pm to do all my final processing. Since I didn't need any work cards or a Uniform fitting it only took about 30 min. And that was because the servers were going slow on the computers..lol It would have been less. And just a tip from a rep. If you go at a later time it won't take as long as first thing in the morning.

You basically talk to the same people that you did when you made your processing appointment. They take your two forms of i.d. copy them. Then input your new Employee i.d. number. They ask your start date. You then get your paycard (if that's what you signed up for) your employee handbook and a postcard with the new hire website your employee# and password. Once you are done with that you get sent to the "photographer" (that's what they called them..lol) Got my picture taken for the temp i.d. (which will be sent 2 weeks before my start date in the mail) Once taken I was asked if I wanted to see it or if I wanted to take it over.. I said as long as my eyes are open I don't mind what it looks like..lol After I was done, Anyone else would move onto work cards and uniforms but I was done! I am offical with an employee # Yay!

Now the good stuff. As I was standing there waiting for their computer servers to speed up I talked to the two reps. They have seen City Center inside and Aria. Very impressive. They said that the EDR is twice the size. (which was already mentioned..By Dude64) And that most of the reps and pages will be working in City Center in some form or another. I overheard one rep say she was going to be something like a Housekeeping Supervisor? If I heard correctly she said she didn't even know anything about housekeeping..lol

**On the new hire website they expect everyone who works there to know all about City Center. You have to read about all amenties, restaurants, and the other sister properties. Any other questions I can check my Aria handbook for you.

***Also, for those that got "Part-time" with a set schedule for an 8 hour shift at least 4 days a week (32 hours minimum). You are considered able to receive benefits. Starting on your first day of work.(coming from the handbook).

My husband has HMO-HPN. That is also one of the options for my insurance. The other insurance offer is MGM/Mirage insurance. What is that? I don't need 2 HMO's so I think I'll go with MGM/Mirage?

Old 10-05-2009, 10:26 PM

44 posts, read 76,127 times
Wow 30 girls for graveyard! Yeah they are definately overhiring...that way too many girls especially for that shift. Thanks for the info snazzy

Old 10-05-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbnprincess View Post
Wow 30 girls for graveyard! Yeah they are definately overhiring...that way too many girls especially for that shift. Thanks for the info snazzy
Thanks for the info snazzybrit ....Hey qbnprincess I quess were the applicants that are left in a limbo...LOL

Old 10-05-2009, 10:39 PM

110 posts, read 209,076 times
I am going to call c.c. tomorrow if i don't get a call.

Any security here get called?

Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 PM

67 posts, read 130,652 times
Where is BeAnInsider??

Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,536,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Thanks for the info snazzybrit ....Hey qbnprincess I quess were the applicants that are left in a limbo...LOL
...or left in a limo. Maybe they're saving the best for last.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzybrit View Post
I went in today for the job offer for cocktails and all they had left was graveyard (I was actually hoping for it, although the grave hours are 2 and 3am). There was maybe 10 spots left on the sheet. After I was finished I had to go back in and wait for the HR rep to give me a processing date and while I was waiting there were 2 other cocktail girls that were going in to pick their shifts as well (3 of us withing a 30 min span). The pay is 11.88 an hour and they didn't have anything for uniform fitting/processing until Nov 18th. The Hr rep said the reason they are keeping so many people in "limbo" is because they might need them once December rolls around due to many people deciding not to keep their cc position. I definitley feel like they overhired on the cocktail side-There was at least 30 spots for just the graveyard rotation. I can only imagine what the swing and day shift looked like.
snazzybrit
Its good to hear u got what u wanted, but do the graveyard shifts really start at 2am and 3am? Also basically considering they overhired for cocktails, I take it that there not going to be anymore offers for cocktails unless they need them for december right? CONGRATS AGAIN GIRLIE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas