Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2009, 01:33 PM

17 posts, read 28,876 times

Advertisements

Soooooooo.......ANYWAYS@#$%!!!!!!!!!! Still no call, no rejection letter, still OPEN/BLANK.......this is getting frustrating!!!! The least they can do is send us an e-mail letting us know that they want to keep us active till after they open in case anyone doesn't take the job or if they need more workers!!! They said the people that took drug tests were FINALISTS......well let the FINALISTS know something I think we deserve it!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio78 View Post
Congratulations and hope to work with you on some of the shifts. I got a call from Mandarin today. It was the lady with the European accent. She said the get together for MOzen staff is at Firefly Bar on 10/19. WE're all gonna hang out and meet everyone who's gonna be working at the restaurant. I really like how they have these employee events for us. It's not common for companies to do that. I'll let you know what happens there. Talk to you soon!
Hey scorpio,
my boyfriend got the same call on saturday. he got the date and place but didn't get the time. do you know what time everyone should be there by? he's had a hard time getting in touch with them over the weekend.

btw, congratulations to everyone that got a job offer.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:44 PM

9 posts, read 17,114 times
I called again and this time was told if you took the drug test, do not withdraw your app?? But then again few pages ago someone mentionned that they have received a rejection letter after passing the drug test!! can someone that read it or heard about it confirm this!!

Old 10-05-2009, 01:44 PM

57 posts, read 152,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiareFlower View Post
Hey scorpio,
my boyfriend got the same call on saturday. he got the date and place but didn't get the time. do you know what time everyone should be there by? he's had a hard time getting in touch with them over the weekend.

btw, congratulations to everyone that got a job offer.
It's going to be at 6pm. Is he a server as well?

Old 10-05-2009, 01:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,289 times
thank you. i'll forward that to him. no, he's a server assistant. we are both so happy that he got this. i've been following this thread for a while and it seems like he is going to be working with good people. hope you guys have an awsome time at firefly... i looked at that list with dates and events and i told him that i wish i applied there. looks like fun.. lol. however, the hiring process seems so stressful.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:17 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
Crazy thing... i just joined the Culinary Union and the woman said to keep trying City Center because the jobs are still there and that the main problem that they are having is people from the other properties are turning down the jobs... (don't know if its because of the money or what - but if it were me, i'd be turning down 12. also - and thats just me and what I heard before i get bashed)

Old 10-05-2009, 02:21 PM

44 posts, read 76,072 times
They are probably not taking the jobs due to their seniority...If they go to CC they have to start all over again and some people don't want to take that risk. Why leave if they have security where there at...I would stay too

Old 10-05-2009, 02:33 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
i didn't realize if you worked for Mirage and moved over to CC, you would lose seniority..... I don't blame them one bit for not taking the jobs

Old 10-05-2009, 02:38 PM

317 posts, read 833,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i didn't realize if you worked for Mirage and moved over to CC, you would lose seniority..... I don't blame them one bit for not taking the jobs
Yes, I have a friend who work at the bellagio as a concierge, and she said if you tranfer over to cc you lose senority. Most people that are transfering are already on-call or extra board at other mgm properties. When I had my second department interview I was told that the transfers for food and beverage was at a low percentage also

Old 10-05-2009, 02:39 PM

44 posts, read 76,072 times
Hey butterfly...any news yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas