Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 06:15 PM

47 posts, read 122,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Well i'm going nuts now, its kind of funny.....two of my girlfriends that also applied for cocktails, their application status has gone from ACTIVE to BLANK, I think snazzybrit mention hers is BLANK also. But mine remain ACTIVE....OMG this is crazy. Does this mean i'm in a bad position from getting a call/offer
Mine is still blank!! Hopefully they mean the same thing-I think its ****ty that they keep everyone hanging on like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 06:16 PM

113 posts, read 239,561 times
Funny thing about this whole blank vs active thing is cc reps say there both the same. Just seems to me the majority of people getting offers have had their status blank. Only seen a few people get offers whose status was active.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:30 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,534,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
It has NOTHING to do with you up in the woods of New York State, so don't bother coming here if you're getting annoyed with this thread.

I am rooting for all those that applied, whether you are hired or not, and especially for those still waiting!

There's nothing more exciting in Las Vegas than opening a new property and being part of the team!
MomMom, you are 100% correct on that. Just wondering, is this how most new properties string people along during startup hiring? I mean, some applicants here are slave to their phones just waiting....day in and day out! That doesn't seem fair to me.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 PM

4 posts, read 9,164 times
Well I went in today to sign my job offer. They told me it was for part time. A little disappointing cause I applied for full time. So I guess this means Im keeping my other part time job at the same time. Not gonna quit just yet cause I dont know how secure CC is. But Im still happy. 2 jobs equalls more money right? I would just prefer 1 full time job though. Hope CC likes me enough to promotote full time in the future. Only time will tell. So yeah, They did not tell me over the phone it was part time. I found that out when i signed my job offer. So be sure to ask that when you guys get a call, if they dont tell you. What else. the place had about the same amount of people from when I had my interview. So It wasnt like everyone who got a job offer all went at once. SO they are spreading out the job offers accordingly so it doesnt get swamped. So be patient guys. Well thats all I can think of right now. Good luck all!

Old 09-23-2009, 07:23 PM

188 posts, read 349,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelUS View Post
Well I went in today to sign my job offer. They told me it was for part time. A little disappointing cause I applied for full time. So I guess this means Im keeping my other part time job at the same time. Not gonna quit just yet cause I dont know how secure CC is. But Im still happy. 2 jobs equalls more money right? I would just prefer 1 full time job though. Hope CC likes me enough to promotote full time in the future. Only time will tell. So yeah, They did not tell me over the phone it was part time. I found that out when i signed my job offer. So be sure to ask that when you guys get a call, if they dont tell you. What else. the place had about the same amount of people from when I had my interview. So It wasnt like everyone who got a job offer all went at once. SO they are spreading out the job offers accordingly so it doesnt get swamped. So be patient guys. Well thats all I can think of right now. Good luck all!
Hi what position did u apply for ...? How much is the pay and your start date etc....lol. thanks

Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 PM

101 posts, read 196,551 times
waiting... waiting...waiting....waitng.....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH HHHHH

Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 PM

181 posts, read 340,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelUS View Post
same exact thing happened to me but i'm sure we will be getting overtime in the begining and i'm hoping for a fulltime position too, but we have to start somewhere

Old 09-23-2009, 08:46 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,486,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
MomMom, you are 100% correct on that. Just wondering, is this how most new properties string people along during startup hiring? I mean, some applicants here are slave to their phones just waiting....day in and day out! That doesn't seem fair to me.
Hiring like this happens with all properties, from the Mirage on up to present day. It's nothing new.

But what IS new, is the vehicle in which folks can voice their concerns, hopes, desires and offer support to one another.

The vehicle I'm talking about is the internet, and namely, these forums.

The hiring for CC is standard hotel procedure, only on a much larger scale because of the amount of positions open.

When Mr. MoMMom opened the Mirage, it was a nail biter session, it took a few months for the process of being hired, orientation and working (and he started work BEFORE the hotel opened!)

And it was that way with every Steve Wynn (and later MGM/Mirage) property we opened before retirement. The process is always the same.

So, jfk, go easy on these good people and let them converse with one another without any complaints from people who have nothing to do with this thread. I personally think it's a wonderful thread and it takes me back to the time of the Mirage opening and all the excitement and hoopla that went along with it. Give these kids words of encouragement or a shoulder to cry on if they didn't make the cut.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 PM

188 posts, read 349,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Hiring like this happens with all properties, from the Mirage on up to present day. It's nothing new.

But what IS new, is the vehicle in which folks can voice their concerns, hopes, desires and offer support to one another.

The vehicle I'm talking about is the internet, and namely, these forums.

The hiring for CC is standard hotel procedure, only on a much larger scale because of the amount of positions open.

When Mr. MoMMom opened the Mirage, it was a nail biter session, it took a few months for the process of being hired, orientation and working (and he started work BEFORE the hotel opened!)

And it was that way with every Steve Wynn (and later MGM/Mirage) property we opened before retirement. The process is always the same.

So, jfk, go easy on these good people and let them converse with one another without any complaints from people who have nothing to do with this thread. I personally think it's a wonderful thread and it takes me back to the time of the Mirage opening and all the excitement and hoopla that went along with it. Give these kids words of encouragement or a shoulder to cry on if they didn't make the cut.
Hi mom mom thanks for the positive comments......I have a question. U may not know the answer but ill ask anyway. ...lol. I applied for gra. Do u have an idea of when we may start ...I heard that housekeepers may start at least 2 months before becuz the beds will not be made up or anything....so if u know any info about housekeepers can u please share....thank u. Oh btw. I go in to sign offer on Tuesday....

Old 09-23-2009, 09:38 PM

21 posts, read 45,995 times
Congratulations to those of you who have been offered a job, whether it is full time, part time, or a different position than you applied to! For those who DO NOT GET CALLED, do you have a plan B"??? Just curious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas