Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 05:56 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
going to Dr Fri, having a lot of swelling while here, feet look like balloons and so do the legs, has me a little concerned. I'm sure it isnt anything much but I take a water pill every day but not helping.
Gailli, wishing you safe travels back home. A few home remedies for water retention:

Don't consume salt if you can help it
Drink lemon water and cranberry juice
Eat bananas
Prop your feet up
Try to walk more than normal
Consider upping Vitamin A and C if ok with your dr.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:57 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,658 times

Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,683,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Gailli, wishing you safe travels back home. A few home remedies for water retention:

Don't consume salt if you can help it
Drink lemon water and cranberry juice
Eat bananas
Prop your feet up
Try to walk more than normal
Consider upping Vitamin A and C if ok with your dr.
Might also add Vitamin B6--it's a diuretic. Happy trails back home Galli and dh. Safe travels.

'Night All!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:21 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,351,428 times
Mornin all-
Fall Fanatic- It sure is good to have you and your graphics every morning and every night.
Well the VA called this morning to tell us that Bill is not dead. Which is a good thing but SSDI will take a few months to reverse their records, so no income. Oh well, theres always Top Ramen and crackers for dinner.
Pam

Old 10-22-2008, 10:39 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
I think that was mighty nice of the federal government to call and let him know he is not dead. Amazing.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:25 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,076,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Mornin all-
Fall Fanatic- It sure is good to have you and your graphics every morning and every night.
Well the VA called this morning to tell us that Bill is not dead. Which is a good thing but SSDI will take a few months to reverse their records, so no income. Oh well, theres always Top Ramen and crackers for dinner.
Pam
Pam, great news about Bill from the VA.....
Now I feel that it'll take a couple of months to reverse their records, is totally unacceptable........

Old 10-22-2008, 12:55 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,683,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Pam, great news about Bill from the VA.....
Now I feel that it'll take a couple of months to reverse their records, is totally unacceptable........

As well as reprehensible!

Old 10-22-2008, 01:23 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,351,428 times
I agree. You know when the letter came from SS asking for a death certificate, I laughed at the outragousness of the letter, and I had a good rant at the VA and SS expense.
But after going there in person to clear this up, one would think whomever F***** up would get it in gear and rush the corrections threw.... not call all happy and cheery to let us know something we already knew! Was I supposed to bow down and kiss her feet? Like Duh! How stupid! It may be me and this situation but I find frequently I have to do others jobs for them. What happened to customer service in this country?
Pam

Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
pam I think heads should roll! why dont you take a sleeping bag down there and tell them you are going to get evicted because of their stupidity and plan on staying right there so they can pay for your housing because you are not going to be comfortable in the car or ask which one of them is up to house guests?

After my mom passed her ss checks kept getting deposited and when I called them each month they said no she isn't. DUH

Old 10-22-2008, 03:05 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
pam I think heads should roll! why dont you take a sleeping bag down there and tell them you are going to get evicted because of their stupidity and plan on staying right there so they can pay for your housing because you are not going to be comfortable in the car or ask which one of them is up to house guests?

After my mom passed her ss checks kept getting deposited and when I called them each month they said no she isn't. DUH
You don't want to do that at the social security building. It is now run by The Department of Homeland Security. Things have definitely changed down there. Once, I was trying to get a copy of Lauren's social security card and asked for a supervisor. The woman called over a federal cop. Thank goodness the man was very kind.

Ever since, the place terrifies me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville