Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2008, 09:22 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning All - Didn't you all have Halloween last night? I haven't had a trick or treater in years, it doesn't seem like many take their kids out as much, to many weird people now. Do you take them to the malls? Our little town has a street carnival for the kids complete with a DJ for dancing in the street. It is so much fun to see the little bitty ones trying to dance all dressed up.
Painter-
I don't know if it is you or me who is confused... Last night wasn't Halloween, today is only the 25th I thought.

Tn. SR. Great to hear from you, although I am sorry about your dog. Sounds like your other dog needs lots of attention as dogs grieve just like we do.

Jen,Hows Parker?
Fall Fanatic, you beat me to it this morning
Have a great day every one
Pam

Old 10-25-2008, 10:10 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
I just called the info hot line for UT and found out todays game against Alabama will be broadcast on ESPN at 7:45. Anyone else have different info regarding the game?
Pam

Old 10-25-2008, 10:16 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,229,169 times
Pam, you got it right......7:45 tonight on ESPN!!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:02 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Oh my I am so so confusseeeddd!!! DUH I gained a week somewhere, lol!! Just found out from my dd when I asked why they didn't have the street party, her answer why would anyone want to wait that long! Do what? Then she asked where are you mom? Anyway....I sure hope Tn puts a good ole fashion whoopin on Al. My neighbor is coming to watch with me and he has the ALA. flags a flying, told me he was bring a role of tape over for me, cant say what I told him since we are GP here. Oh I hope TN wins!!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 02:42 PM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
ok hik, was just trying to offer

Old 10-25-2008, 03:47 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenn SR View Post
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and Gailli the baby is beautiful been meaning to email you but, have been very sad I loss one of my dogs Nico on Oct 15 - he injured his leg and there was nothing we could do to saved him. He was in the vet's office for a wk. My other dog Baby has been whinning and won't eat only little treats. Nico was 12 yrs old and the sweetest dog you could have. Sorry for being so down I am just very lonely and sad without him. I do missed checking in on the forum but with medical issues and other problems haven't done so. Anyways, hope everyone else on the forum is doing well. If you want to see a lot of kids on trick or treat come by my area Evergreen Farms in Greenback, 10 miles from Maryville, we had about three hundred kids it is a big subdivision so everyone just drives them thru with their cars and trucks. Need to get sleep still early in am. Take care, everyone. TennSr.
So good to read your post. I am so very saddened to learn that Nico is no longer by your side or Baby's side. Trust me, I understand your lonliness. Try to stay strong for your remaining pal.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:50 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,865,272 times
I just read about three Tenn. high school cheerleaders, two sisters, being killed in a firey crash near Huntsville. My condolances to their family and friends.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:17 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
ok hik, was just trying to offer
I apologize! I meant to say, "thank you" but I was half-asleep. It was a VERY kind offer.

I have some personal, weird reasons for not rocking the boat around Halloween. My husband's father died around this time, five years ago, and it get a little stressful around here.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:49 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Well, I am getting ready to settle down in front of the big screen and hope like heck TN can pull off a win tonight.

TNSR, it was great talking to you, again I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved dog, its so hard losing a pet.

My Grandaughter in FL just found out she got the job she applied for at Bath and Body which makes me happy, she gets a big discount so I can get her to get me loaded up on my B&B while I can get it cheap.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:05 PM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I apologize! I meant to say, "thank you" but I was half-asleep. It was a VERY kind offer.

I have some personal, weird reasons for not rocking the boat around Halloween. My husband's father died around this time, five years ago, and it get a little stressful around here.
I can certainly symapthize with that...my dad has been gone almost 5 years as well, and I still can't wrap my brain around it.

On a side note, I read on another thread from a long time ago that Fred is into NASCAR--we should really get our families together--Shane was upstairs watching the race just a bit ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville