Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 08:01 AM

74 posts, read 174,019 times

Advertisements

SMG
So sorry to hear about your son my prayers and thoughts will be with you and your family. Thankfully he was wearing his seat belt.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:34 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,351,428 times
Hey Knoxville!
Hope everyone is enjoying this jolt of chilly weather. Just wanted to say hey and catch up on what everyone is doing.
Bill and I are knee deep in "tweaking" the apartments set up. That includes lifting heavy sofas and moving houseplants that have gotten to big! But the good news is we have the table top screwed onto the base! FINALLY!!!! Now we just have to get chairs up to the table in order to use it or we'll continue eating dinner on the sofa.
Pam

Old 10-27-2008, 01:08 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,955,919 times
SMG, so sorry to read of your son's accident; & so happy for the positive outcome. Perhaps that nurse traveling behind him was one of God's "winks": events that seem coincidental but have a little devine intervention...keeping you all in my prayers

Old 10-27-2008, 02:46 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,790,215 times
SMG two weeks ago I was pretty much feeling exactly what you are when my DS had his motorcycle accident. Your DS is indeed very lucky to have survived without paralysis and also very fortunate a nurse was on the scene and stayed with him. I am sure you are relieved but still feeling a lot of anguish with every medical up and down. I wish your son a speedy and complete recovery and for you some peace of mind and rest.

I've missed so much and hope to check in now and then. It was nice to see Fallfanatics return with lots of pictures!

Pam that monkey bread sounds so good. Its got me thinking of my fall recipes and what I haven't made since it got too hot to cook indoors much. Beside making a big pot of Chili I haven't changed over to winter cooking yet! I've got to go make some bread and pie now.

Hik sounds like you have your hands full with Girl Scout activities... enjoy it all!

Gem, howdy and hope all is well.

Suzanne, same howdy as for Gem! It sounds like some of our cool weather has indeed made it all the way down your way. Can't wait for you to enjoy some real sweater weather up here!

Gailli it sounds like your visit to FL was a good one. I feel the same way about TN, it is home now.

Bones... ummm what can I say! My computer gives me fits and I get occupied with a few things, so I can't read the latest ....and I come back to you and Pam discussing "T backs" and brains. I nearly snorted my cuppa coffee on that! I have got to stop bringing in my coffee when I come to read City Data, especially this thread. My desk is a mess! Hope you have found a better way to stay out of the dog house and keep the brains in your noggin!

Mystic good luck with the group advertisement in the Halloween goodies. Clever way to make an announcement. You know parents will look through those candy collections carefully.

Bebette I loved the fall picture. Several of the people in my neighborhood have set up lovely fall displays with hay bales and scarecrow dolls and all sorts of squash and gourds. I love the look.

Painter I have had some weeks that have been lost, especially when we were trying to sell one house and get things ready for the next. I lived day by day, weekend to weekend, and hadn't a clue to what part of the month I was in! Now you can look forward to Halloween again. LOL Sorry about the Alabama fans.

TN SR sorry for the loss of your companion and hope your other dog recovers his appetite a bit.

Again, SMG, I hope your son has a complete and speedy recovery!

Old 10-27-2008, 04:21 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Em View Post
Mystic good luck with the group advertisement in the Halloween goodies. Clever way to make an announcement. You know parents will look through those candy collections carefully.
THANKS!!! I am excited about it...wasn't sure how I would do esp. without knowing a whle lot of people here, but our group has almost 50 members now (in less than one month!!) and I am having so much fun!!

Old 10-27-2008, 04:25 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Once I was lost now I am found!

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Nothing new here, the weather is nasty, I have no lookers on the houses..................bored

Old 10-27-2008, 04:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
THANKS!!! I am excited about it...wasn't sure how I would do esp. without knowing a whle lot of people here, but our group has almost 50 members now (in less than one month!!) and I am having so much fun!!
You are very organized, aren't you? You really need to be my new best friend!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
You are very organized, aren't you? You really need to be my new best friend!

HAHAHHA....I like to give that "illusion"....LOL

Actually, I try to be as organized as I can be, I always feel like I could be better organized, so not sure how good of a job I "REALLY" do with it

Old 10-27-2008, 06:16 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,351,428 times
Auntie Em was here and Painters found and Mystic has pulled off the illusion (without smoke and mirrors!) that she is organized! Yee haw! What a great day!
BTW Painter...( Fridays the real Halloween).....
Night Knoxville
Pam

Old 10-27-2008, 07:02 PM

Painter, I'm sorry to hear that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville