Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2008, 10:20 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenn SR View Post
Feeling much better gemkeeper thank you for thinking about me. The weather was really nice here in Greenback today, I also bought the book-The Last Lecture - will be reading it tonight. Have a good night everyone.
I think you will enjoy reading it, Tenn SR. I am reading it now for the second time and I gain something new from it with each page that I turn.

What really disappointed me - and, not the first time - is that I posted about Dr. Pausch on the Education Forum. If anyone should be inspired by an outstanding teacher it should be other teachers, right?

One individual posted!! One individual and only 54 views. Do you know what is the big topic? "How much snow do you have to have before school is closed?" No such teachers exist in E. TN, I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
OK guys this may be the last you see of me for a few days. I have to get a wireless internet card for my computer and as this is over 5 years old, it may not work.... I'll be back online as soon as I can.
Mystic Fire- Good luck with the house and thanks for reading my blog.
Take care and I'll see ya all soon,
Pam
Pam and Bill, your love story blog will be growing in our own imaginations until you post again, Pam. We are all in awe of you and Bill and your sweet romance. May we all be half as fortunate as the two of you.

Be safe, be happy, be a-posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I have a confession. After watching tonight's House Hunters episode on HGTV I was ready to move to Cabo San Lucas just like the lady from Seattle did. The ocean, the beach, the pool..... it looked so inviting. Yikes. Bad SMG.
SMG, I cannot stay away from those shows!! I have mentally restaged our house 20 times, at least! I want to try everything, live everywhere, replace it all! Then, back to reality when I breathlessly tell DH about the show, and he says - "WHAT!! ARE YOU NUTS????" Yeah.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:54 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,397,223 times
Quote:
I have a confession. After watching tonight's House Hunters episode on HGTV I was ready to move to Cabo San Lucas just like the lady from Seattle did. The ocean, the beach, the pool..... it looked so inviting. Yikes. Bad SMG.
Don't feel bad, SMG-- I have a friend who just bought an adorable little casita, fully furnished, while vacationing in Mexico. The price was so unbelievable she just couldn't pass it up.

She's going to use it as a second home and retirement retreat. The casita next door just went on the market and I'm thinking about it. Seriously thinking about it. The neighborhood is now 50% American... and the peso goes further than the dollar!

Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 AM

38 posts, read 65,290 times
Can some one tell me where the get together is and when on Sat? Or am I not invited? I will come anyway!!!HA HA
Hope all have a great day today. My friends from Fl will be here any minute!! Taking them to Litton,s for lunch. I get to celebrate my B,day again!!!!!!
Thanks for all the happy b.days you all are wonderful.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:07 AM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
KSurvivor, everyone is invited. Its at the Shoneys on Chapman Highway which is just south of the Henley St Bridge, its at 11:30 Sat, look forward to meeting you.

Hey, I'm going to Littons today at 11:30, thats too funny, maybe we will be next to each other and not even know it

Old 07-31-2008, 07:43 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
gailli, carry a flower with you or wear a silly hat and she will be able to spot You! Unless you want to be incognito then blend... Good Mornin" Knoxville

Old 07-31-2008, 08:05 AM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Ok Painter, instead of a flower in my hair I have on a top with huge White Sunflowers on the front of it with little pearls, now she cant miss me

Old 07-31-2008, 08:36 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,539,442 times
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/fallfanatic/good%20morning/good_morning_red_rose.gif (broken link)

Old 07-31-2008, 10:49 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,522,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
Don't feel bad, SMG-- I have a friend who just bought an adorable little casita, fully furnished, while vacationing in Mexico. The price was so unbelievable she just couldn't pass it up.

She's going to use it as a second home and retirement retreat. The casita next door just went on the market and I'm thinking about it. Seriously thinking about it. The neighborhood is now 50% American... and the peso goes further than the dollar!
Might be a good time for me to mention that my passport is up to date.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:58 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,397,223 times
Quote:
Might be a good time for me to mention that my passport is up to date.
You mix a mean 'rita, too, plus you're skilled at remodeling! What more could anyone ask?

¿Habla español?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:01 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,522,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
You mix a mean 'rita, too, plus you're skilled at remodeling! What more could anyone ask?

¿Habla español?
Si!!! Beats the heck out of hanging a chandelier which I am fixin' to do. I am back on first name basis with the staff at my local Home Depot and Lowe's. My painter has just given up on going home and had his mail forwarded here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville