Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times

Advertisements

Re-opening the thread. The one thing that we all need to remember is that we are all different and we are all not going to see things eye to eye. Also, things written on the internet can come off different than intended and are up to individual interpretation. I hope that we can move on from this. There was a specific thread for the newcomers clubs meetings and that is where those posts actually should have been. It is very easy to blur lines though and we all understand how easily it is to chat about a get together. Let's just put yesterday behind us and go forward from today please.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:29 AM

74 posts, read 174,019 times
Wink Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the mtg yesterday for the Newcomers - so glad to finally meet Suzanne, Jen, Gailli, Bebette, Tn405 - I still hope to meet the others in the group. Gemkeeper and Fallfanatic wished you were here so I could meet with you. Also, Smoky Mt Gal didn't want to leave you out.

All I can say about this CD is I am so happy I found it and I looked forward everyday to chat with someone.TennSr

Old 08-03-2008, 10:33 AM

21 posts, read 42,664 times
I don't post often and this will probably by my last post as well. Moderator cut: cut I had the conversation about hiknapster and her screen name and asked her the origin of the name and said it was funny how other people wanted to put a "p" in it instead of a "k". I aksed about JMT, he seems to be funny and knows alot about the area and I know hiknapster knows him..so I asked her. I made the comment about comcast just making conversation about the differences in the prices from one area to another..Her husband came to see my car in a light drizzle, and it was my fault I never called her back, I lost her number and could have dm'd her here. This group is working I have made alot of good friends that I hope to see monthly at our luncheons and have barbecues later. This was the whole reasoning of getting together..to maybe match up with someone who lives near you or has the same interests as you. I will not let other people ruin what turned out to be a good thing simply because all attention is not on them. I had a good time and hope to see anyone that would like to share knowledge of this or any other areas with others.

Last edited by Beretta; 08-03-2008 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: see DM

Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 AM

811 posts, read 2,010,931 times
I just wanted to interject in response to the comment about me feeling unwelcome, I did NOT say that, and I am sorry if anyone misunderstood. I said I was afraid I would feel awkward in the situation, but that I ALWAYS get shy and nervous around people I do not know. As was said before, I have not had the pleasure of meeting anyone in perwson yet although I have made what i consider friends, that I hope to meet soon.

It is very unfortunate that ANYONE'S feelings got hurt in here, I have to honestly believe that was never anyone's intentions.

I am sorry I EVER said anything about a "circle of friends" my original comment was just about the people around here in GENERAL--not the newcomers group or anyone else...and I didn't mean "clique" I just meant a group of friends I could spend my time with and do things with, as I remember my parents doing when I was a kid. people seemed to busy for that and "friendships" were a lot more fake-seeming back in MD. I wanted ---and still do want--something like that in my life.

It is true, I don't have a whole lot in common with some others here, as I am younger (although 27 is feeling quite old these last few weeks! LOL) But my very best friends back in MD are in their mid 40's with kids my age. I get along well with lots of different people. I don't think age really is a factor in this case. We mesh with who we mesh with.

I am saddened that this whole thing had to turn so sour, and I just want to say that personally, I will be happy to speak with anyone about any of it privately from this point forward, but I don't want to bicker with anyone about it all over the boards.

Big hugs to everyone...and I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday...

Old 08-03-2008, 10:56 AM

780 posts, read 1,766,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
I just wanted to interject in response to the comment about me feeling unwelcome, I did NOT say that, and I am sorry if anyone misunderstood. I said I was afraid I would feel awkward in the situation, but that I ALWAYS get shy and nervous around people I do not know. As was said before, I have not had the pleasure of meeting anyone in perwson yet although I have made what i consider friends, that I hope to meet soon.

It is very unfortunate that ANYONE'S feelings got hurt in here, I have to honestly believe that was never anyone's intentions.

I am sorry I EVER said anything about a "circle of friends" my original comment was just about the people around here in GENERAL--not the newcomers group or anyone else...and I didn't mean "clique" I just meant a group of friends I could spend my time with and do things with, as I remember my parents doing when I was a kid. people seemed to busy for that and "friendships" were a lot more fake-seeming back in MD. I wanted ---and still do want--something like that in my life.

It is true, I don't have a whole lot in common with some others here, as I am younger (although 27 is feeling quite old these last few weeks! LOL) But my very best friends back in MD are in their mid 40's with kids my age. I get along well with lots of different people. I don't think age really is a factor in this case. We mesh with who we mesh with.

I am saddened that this whole thing had to turn so sour, and I just want to say that personally, I will be happy to speak with anyone about any of it privately from this point forward, but I don't want to bicker with anyone about it all over the boards.

Big hugs to everyone...and I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday...

MysticFire, I didnt mean to imply that you felt unwelcome, if I did I'm sorry, I just was trying to say that I myself dont have a lot in common with the younger ones but wish you had come, there was a nice girl there around your group and I think she would have enjoyed having you there too, we were hoping that the meetings would help people that are shy and want to meet new people and thats why also we wanted to keep the meetings the first Sat of every month and not confuse they with private parties and get togethers. I hope that you will soon find that group you are looking for, I do remember the young days and how nice it was when you had other Moms to do things with and to visit with. My daughter is having that problem now herself, she is 38 and having a baby in 3 weeks, its hard for her to find someone in that age group thats having a baby, lol, most are done by then.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:18 AM

There is no way that a Moderator can explain every nuance of Moderating. The best way for any member to understand why some posts are cut and some remain are to truly understand the TOS https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html. For instance, personal attacks aren't allowed but stating your feelings (as long as it doesn't violate the aforementioned TOS) is allowed.

Hope this helps!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,138,460 times
Well, this has been a cathartic day for me!! I hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday. The sun is shining in N. GA mountains and I played hookey today from my Sunday services, so I might as well go for a nice long ride in the mts.

Anyone can come along if you want. We'll be on RTE. 129 - of course!
SMG, I thought you would be tickled to know that DH felt absolutely compelled to buy a Sunset Orange car this weekend. No other color would do!! It will definitely be recognizable! We won't dare set foot in MI again, however.

Hope to chat with everyone later.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:30 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Geeze--I hope that everyone here sticks around, I would hate to loose any of you before I get to Knoxville. The only thing I am going to say at this point is when meeting people face to face the first time, everyone is subconscious of what they say and do. It is more comfortable to talk to someone you have already met than a new person. But if you continue to meet than you and the group are comfortable and form a closer bond. Stick around and nerves go away, awkwardness disapates, and you become more comfortable and may find a friend or 2 for life. Not everyone will become instant friends, but dont risk losing the ones that will. NOW everyone into the huddle for a group hug.........just wait till I get there I may become public enemy #1

Old 08-03-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post

SMG, I thought you would be tickled to know that DH felt absolutely compelled to buy a Sunset Orange car this weekend. No other color would do!! It will definitely be recognizable! We won't dare set foot in MI again, however.
Gem, please avoid Alabama as well. Congrats on the new car! What type of car is it?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:52 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,658 times
Hi everyone!!! I just wanted to pop in and say hello and wish everyone a very happy day!!!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/fallfanatic/Golden-Retrievers-Puppies-Print-C10.jpg (broken link)

These little guys wanted to say hello!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville