Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,522,967 times

Advertisements

GBH - I hope to be able to actually talk tomorrow. I am so tired I can't stand it. The painting upstairs was completed and got a new bedroom suite in today. Now that painting is done I have to put upstairs back together. I love Craigslist! People pay me to haul stuff off that I don't want anymore. I have also gotten some great deals on there lately myself on some items. Plus, I have met some great people! I cannot get over how I can get a solid wood chair for $25 on there!! And on that note I have to get some rest. Nite

Old 08-07-2008, 08:07 AM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Default To HIK if you are lurking

I just want to say that I am going to leave the boards for a while, I believe that HIK will come back if I go and I can tell that most of you would rather have her back on here and me not be here. I met some wonderful people on here and have made some life long friendships and for that I am grateful.I will keep checking my DM's if some of you still want to keep DM's with me

I am fixing to have eye surgery any way and also some tests with the Heart Dr so I will be a little out of it any way for a while.

Good luck to everyone with their moves, their new homes and everything else that you all have going on, take care everyone. SMG, hope you get your remodeling finished soon so you can sit back and enjoy it all

HIK, YOU CAN COME BACK NOW!!!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 AM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
Wow...I don't think anyone said that...
We don't have any idea what's going on in Hik's life right now-she may not be posting because something is going on...or not...who knows? But I think that everyone was pretty much letting the drama slide on through--I for one don't want it drudged all back up. I miss Hik, and I have told her so, and I am sure others do too, but I don't think that anyone has been any less kind to anyone else here

Good luck with your surgery and all your tests...I hope everything goes well for you, and you don't stay away too long yourself.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Okay take this for what it is worth and then I won't bring any of the unrest back to the forum. I am giving away my age to so don't snicker....35 yrs ago my best friend (aka Jack) got married, this guy was the brother I always wanted. When I met his new wife (aka Jill) she was rude and hateful to me but I kept going back over there because I didn't want to lose Jack. Well here we are yrs later Jill and I are the very best of friends, she is no longer married to Jack. Jack and I talk maybe once every couple of yrs now but Jill and I talk every other day. It wasnt until later that I found out why she acted the way she did and I was shocked. We often talk about the what if's, what if I would never of went back? We went through having children together and I am Godmother to her kids, who now have kids, we had someone to lean on when our parents passed, when are divorces cost us every thing and now we will face retirement together. My life is alot richer for her being in it.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:24 AM

Default Not trying to

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Wow...I don't think anyone said that...
We don't have any idea what's going on in Hik's life right now-she may not be posting because something is going on...or not...who knows? But I think that everyone was pretty much letting the drama slide on through--I for one don't want it drudged all back up. I miss Hik, and I have told her so, and I am sure others do too, but I don't think that anyone has been any less kind to anyone else here

Good luck with your surgery and all your tests...I hope everything goes well for you, and you don't stay away too long yourself.
I did not mean anyone said that, I just was trying to be nice so Hik could come back on, I dont know either if she isnt on due to other reasons, I was NOT trying to dredge up anything, just trying to be nice and think of others and make it easier for Hik to post, I guess I will lurk for a while and put my two cents in once in a while if the subject is that of importance, take care all.

Thanks everyone for the nice DM's, you are all great people

Old 08-07-2008, 09:54 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,539,442 times
Good morning everyone!!!! I hope you all have wonderful days!!!

I have got a lot of reading to catch up on...so I will be back later.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
I did not mean anyone said that, I just was trying to be nice so Hik could come back on, I dont know either if she isnt on due to other reasons, I was NOT trying to dredge up anything, just trying to be nice and think of others and make it easier for Hik to post, I guess I will lurk for a while and put my two cents in once in a while if the subject is that of importance, take care all.

Thanks everyone for the nice DM's, you are all great people
I don't think you were trying to dredge anything up, I was just saying that I don't know that Hik isnt here for other reasons as well

I hate to see anyone go.

Painter....I'm not snickering...at least not much... KIDDING KIDDING KIDDING...LOL

Actually, I think that's a very neat story and wanted to thank you for sharing it with us!!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:42 AM

Good morning, FallFanatic, and everyone else!!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Okay take this for what it is worth and then I won't bring any of the unrest back to the forum. I am giving away my age to so don't snicker....35 yrs ago my best friend (aka Jack) got married, this guy was the brother I always wanted. When I met his new wife (aka Jill) she was rude and hateful to me but I kept going back over there because I didn't want to lose Jack. Well here we are yrs later Jill and I are the very best of friends, she is no longer married to Jack. Jack and I talk maybe once every couple of yrs now but Jill and I talk every other day. It wasnt until later that I found out why she acted the way she did and I was shocked. We often talk about the what if's, what if I would never of went back? We went through having children together and I am Godmother to her kids, who now have kids, we had someone to lean on when our parents passed, when are divorces cost us every thing and now we will face retirement together. My life is alot richer for her being in it.
Just wanted to comment on what a great story that was, I know that happens a lot and thats why I try not to let any of this stuff get to me, enemies become friends and friends become enemies, back and forth, that's how it goes sometimes, just thought it all ended in high school when "backstabbing" was the rule of the day not to mention gossip and more gossip

Old 08-07-2008, 12:28 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
Painter-
I snickered... but it is the truth.
We are all different diverse people and not everyones personalties will always mesh, nor will we always agree. But that is the beauty of the internet and message boards.
Gaili, I hope your surgery goes well and you get your butt back on here ASAP. This place is big enough for us all and we all have a valuable voice to contribute.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville