Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2008, 02:27 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,138,460 times

Advertisements

Gailli, I wasn't going to get anymore involved in this, but I see that feelings are still hurt. No one wants you to go anywhere, but here. We all like you, appreciate your comments, and need your special YOU on the forum.

Hiknapster IS involved in other things this week. I know for a fact that she hasn't even read any posts since her last post here. She will be back once she is finished with her other projects. She definitely isn't "lurking" on the sidelines.

We all know Hik well enough to know that she is not a side-line person. I, and many others, appreciate Hik for her frankness, openness and honesty. She has given us the real low-down many, many times and has been an asset to us all. She never promised us that she would be our UN Ambassador and that is for the best.

She simply wanted to get something off of her chest and never dreamed that she would hurt anyones' feelings. That was not the intent. She, herself, was hurting and hoped to heal by unloading.

She was not looking for an apology, but I think one would have been very nice. I know that no one here ever dreamed that her feelings were hurt. I don't think an angry defensive posture from others was in order, but hurt feelings from those others is very understandable. I would have been hurt, too, thinking that I may have done something that caused someone else any pain.

We need you here, gailli, just as we need each one of us. We each fill up an air pocket in this big mix and add our own special flavor. We have a really nice group of people here in this forum who have shown themselves to be friendly, caring and supportive of one another. Do we always agree? Absolutely not. What a boring forum that would create. Do we really like-like everyone here as a special friend? Impossible. We are all too different. We'll naturally gravitate to some and keep our comfortable distance from others.

But, we are all grown-ups here and I am sure that as we were raising our children we have taught them to be tolerant of others, always be ready to forgive and forget, and to allow someone the benefit of the doubt when they do something that we don't like. Who knows what is going on in one another's lives at any given moment?

I think that it is time to put this unhappy occurence behind us because we are too big and too good-hearted to let it fester any longer. I want to see all of us back one another up with our biggest effort and help one another out anytime, anywhere.

I hope that you have a speedy recovery from your surgery, gailli. You will be in my prayers and those of others, I'm sure. We will be waiting to hear a good report from you.

Now, I hope that everyone shares all the marbles and gets into a big group hug frame-of-mind.

Last edited by gemkeeper; 08-07-2008 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: Ohhh, phooey - it's the spelling again!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:34 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,931 times
Gem, I couldn't have said any of that any better myself. I just adore you for your eloquence!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/mysticfire0213/marbles.jpg (broken link)
Here's my marbles, and I'll share them with ALL of you

Old 08-07-2008, 02:39 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,931 times
Is that pic absolutely HUMUNGOUS on everyone else's screen too? I photobucket-edited it all the way down to tiny and it still looks huge to me

Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Mysticfire, I am so glad you found the marbles, I may have lost afew!!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:58 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,351,428 times
Has anyone seen my marbles??? Are they forlorn in Tn.?
Pam

Old 08-07-2008, 04:23 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,790,215 times
Gem as always you find the right words and sentiments. I can't even begin to pretend to understand what happened and why and am quite saddened that people I have enjoyed learning from and sharing with have had such cross words. Sometimes when people take things to literally it is hard for them to step backwards and see someone else's problems and pain. I sure hope both can do that and allow one of the more friendly groups of this forum to continue.

Gailli I wish you well with the surgery and recovery. Hopefully you'll be back posting before long. I'd love to see both HIK and you keep on contributing, even if it means you need to ignore each other until civility can return.

Painter I admit snickering just a bit, too, like Pam. Sorry... The sentiment was perfect though.

Hey Mystic... some of those were my loose marbles!!! The picture was good sized... not humongous.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:46 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,683,677 times
GEM, thanks for your words of wisdom, understanding and care. Let's all move on remembering that the written word does not always differentiate the real 'tone of voice' but the literal.

We will wecome Hik's posts when she returns. And, we will welcome Gaili's posts when she returns. Each of you have much to contribute. Each in your own special way.

Gaili, good luck with your eye surgery and following heart evaluations. Let us know when you are back on the mend and your 'ole self.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:59 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times
Gem - you are so talented with the written word. http://bestsmileys.com/bowing/1.gif (broken link)

Mystic - I love glass marbles!!!!

So glad that tomorrow is Friday!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 06:24 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,627 times
mysticfire, any word from UPS?

Old 08-07-2008, 07:44 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,329,215 times
Galli,
I will send my best thoughts and prayers for a quick and successful surgery and recovery, hope to see you back soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville