Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2008, 08:28 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,539,442 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~I hope your friday is fantastic!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 AM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Pam and Bill, it was great sleeping in my own bed, slept til almost 9:00. Its so nice to have you back in TN, hope you can make our get together on the 8th at Shoneys at 11:30

I slept like a baby, now this morning been on the phone catching up, had to call Knoxville Furniture and what a wonderful place they are, my sectional is almost 6 mths old and we discovered the frame is bent, they are going to bring me a brand new one rather than fix it, now thats good customer service.

On the other hand I have been fighting with Medicare, seems they messed up when I turned 65 in July and they have been rejecting all my bills, I am getting 1000's of dollars of bills sent back to me unpaid, got a nasty lady today, wanted to hang up on her, I should have. I sure hope its straightened up now.

Have a great rainy Friday everyone and anyone needing to be out be careful.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,539,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Fall fanatic, Good morning! (Ha! Beat you to the good morning...just pretend I put up a graphic.
You made me smile first thing this wonderful morning!!! No fair though...it's 3 hours earlier over here!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:49 AM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
Quote:
Mystic- I hear you loud and clear! In Dandridge we lived in a sub division. Our neighbor 2 houses down knew everything we did or didn't do! If we went out for the afternoon, because one thing leads to another and before you know it, it is getting dark and the day is shot. You could set the clock that by 9 a.m. the following morning, the phone would ring and she'd want to know where we were for the entire day, because she got worried something happened to Bill. I know much of it was sincere concern, and the rest was just pure nosiness. So try to smile threw your neighbors "neighborliness". Tell yourself that she means well, she may not be right in her assumptions but she probably is trying to be a good neighbor and friendly. Remember, we come from a different generation and where we are used to keeping a distance, she isn't. Having good neighbors has a good side and a down side. My nosy neighbor in Dandridge could be counted on to take me to the store or post office when I needed a ride when Bill ended up in the hospital as I don't drive since my stroke. Give her a chance and don't make your mind up about her yet.
Even living here in the apartment complex, I've met many neighbors and I can't say I've gotten to the point I'd invite any of them in for dinner or coffee, but I've been friendly and the other morning, our neighbor that has the back apartment that adjoins us was locked out and needed the phone, so she knocked on the door. Now just last week Petey bit her ankle,so I'm glad that incident didn't ruin a good neighbor relationship. Most of the neighbors are learning that while Petey is a cute looking little fluff ball, he is a spoiled brat and they give him a wide circle to pass by.LOL So I too hear what I "should" do in regards to disciplining the brat, I just smile agree and don't let it bother me. After all, you'll never please everybody all the time.
Pam
Very true, my dear! And so I'll tell you what I did--we got the doghouse, and now I have a nice "thank-you" note in my office waiting to go to her.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:50 AM

Is no one in Knoxville/maryville areas passing out something to trick-or-treaters?

where is everyone????

Old 10-24-2008, 09:02 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
Nope we never do the trick or treaters thing, keep the lights off and normally go out. With the doorbell constantly ringing or banging on the door, the dog goes beserk, so peace and quiet prevails here.In NY, where I lived Halloween was a huge deal. Everyone on my street tried to out do one another as far as decorations went outside. When I had my kids it was a fun night. You looking for ideas on what to hand out? I used to take a huge bowl, fill it with all my favorite candy and give a couple of things at once. Then I started to get over 400 kids on Halloween and it got too expensive.
And ....Fall Fanatic, they say the early bird gets the worm you know!
Gailli- I hear ya on the way things get screwed up....look how Bill suddenly died on May 25th and SSDI cut off his benefits! You gotta do everyones job for them these days, I swear!

Last edited by Pam& Bill; 10-24-2008 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: big oops cause I thought FF was Mystic.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:17 AM

Hey, have to share a funny.......
SMG tested positive for Sweet Tea!
Pam

Old 10-24-2008, 09:42 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,080,098 times
Quote:
Pam
Oh No, that's highly contagious also.......

Old 10-24-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Oh No, that's highly contagious also.......
True, but it is one of those things that you don't mind catching!

Old 10-24-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Pam
LOL, too cute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville