Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2008, 06:32 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,539,442 times

Advertisements

Old 10-24-2008, 06:42 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,957,279 times
last year gave out popcorn balls - Orville R. I think - perfect size...
...and also gave out glow-stick braclets I got at the dollar store.
A tube of 1 dozen for a buck. Grabbed up every tube - six I think - the kids went BONKERS!!!
So I've been looking this year. Haven't seen 'em that cheap yet, but I can wait a bit.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:44 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
We get quite a few kids here, its a big complex, they are all so cute in their little costumes, only problem is my little Lapsa, he thinks they are all here to see him

Well, gonna go watch some tv and go to bed early, still havent caught up from the trip on sleep.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:04 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,080,098 times
The only ones we get up here on the plateau for Halloween are the critters......

Old 10-24-2008, 08:34 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
Gailli! GORGEOUS pic! He DOES look like you.

I don't do flu shots. Too neurotic. You don't want to know.

I haven't given out candy or anything else in years. Probably 25 years. We lived in one apartment complex where before we ran out, the guy across the way made a candy run.

That was the first and last time.

We rented a beautiful colonial once, but there were not any sidewalks, so no kids.

I just don't know if anyone will show up here. The neighborhood consists mostly of older people. One house, the lady is almost never seen. Another, the woman runs to the mailbox and that is it.

So, sorry for the long story, but I just don't have any idea. We have always had to go elsewhere to trick or treat, since no one participated in our neighborhoods. It will probably happen again.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:47 PM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
WELL for everyone that IS passing out candy, I just need some folks to take my labels for the mommies group and put them on your candy/what have you...I can mail them to you or drop them off at your place--just let me know, I would be so grateful...I am working hard and I really want it to be great!

Hik, You all are more than welcome to come here! I don't know how many trick or treaters we will get, but there are quite a few kids in the neighborhood and lots of streets/houses.

Let me know if you want to, I don't remember if you have the address already or not, but I can send it to you if you don't. I am not going in to work until Midnight on Halloween, so I don't have to rush back for that

Old 10-25-2008, 04:21 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
WELL for everyone that IS passing out candy, I just need some folks to take my labels for the mommies group and put them on your candy/what have you...I can mail them to you or drop them off at your place--just let me know, I would be so grateful...I am working hard and I really want it to be great!

Hik, You all are more than welcome to come here! I don't know how many trick or treaters we will get, but there are quite a few kids in the neighborhood and lots of streets/houses.

Let me know if you want to, I don't remember if you have the address already or not, but I can send it to you if you don't. I am not going in to work until Midnight on Halloween, so I don't have to rush back for that
We're going to last-minute gauge the situation, and if nothing pans out around here, we are going to go to one of the many kid's parties that they have around here.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:34 AM

74 posts, read 174,109 times
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and Gailli the baby is beautiful been meaning to email you but, have been very sad I loss one of my dogs Nico on Oct 15 - he injured his leg and there was nothing we could do to saved him. He was in the vet's office for a wk. My other dog Baby has been whinning and won't eat only little treats. Nico was 12 yrs old and the sweetest dog you could have. Sorry for being so down I am just very lonely and sad without him. I do missed checking in on the forum but with medical issues and other problems haven't done so. Anyways, hope everyone else on the forum is doing well. If you want to see a lot of kids on trick or treat come by my area Evergreen Farms in Greenback, 10 miles from Maryville, we had about three hundred kids it is a big subdivision so everyone just drives them thru with their cars and trucks. Need to get sleep still early in am. Take care, everyone. TennSr.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:28 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,539,442 times
Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~I hope you have a wonderful day today!!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:43 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Morning All - Didn't you all have Halloween last night? I haven't had a trick or treater in years, it doesnt seem like many take their kids out as much, to many weird people now. Do you take them to the malls? Our little town has a street carnival for the kids complete with a DJ for dancing in the street. It is so much fun to see the little bitty ones trying to dance all dressed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville