Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 01:32 PM

197 posts, read 485,777 times

Advertisements

I hope that Hik feels better soon. No fun to be sick and the weather doesn't make it any better.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:34 PM

197 posts, read 485,777 times
The wicked good slippers from LLbean look like the style I wanted for Vincent, but they don't have the all-weather sole. Being 16, I think he'd wear them outside to walk the dog and give me a heart attack...

Old 12-04-2008, 04:18 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,976 times
Has anyone tried Dansko clogs? I wear them at work 12 hours on my feet and I am finding that I am wearing them more and more when I am not working.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:19 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,318,604 times
Oh my gosh, the hiknapster family is all better. Every one of us!

I LOVE L.L. Bean. I am really sorry that I didn't order from the catalog. I suppose it is not too late. As soon as I do, you just know that there will be a heat wave!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:19 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,331,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Em View Post
My contribution to the *Knoxville Boot and Shoe Thread*:

The Wicked Good ones are very nice and would make an excellent choice for anyone not caring about being trendy and having the Uggs look. Currently DH has a pair that are at least 4 or 5 years old and still look pretty good. They are used as slippers year round and he tends to walk outside in them every so often. I think they are better as an "indoor" shoe and not quite as rugged as the Uggs.

Mouse, I love the look of those boot shoes and have a couple of pairs from when I was working (part time in Hiking Boots and part time office) because I liked to wear them with pants . For jeans I also like wearing something I'll call "booties" which is what I first thought you meant. Those look like boots but only go up to the ankle and are meant to be worn under pants not with them tucked in like Uggs. Clear as mud? Let's see if I can find a link.... got one: Eddie Bauer: Short Boots My preference leans towards the flat heels so the one to the left would be what I would be happiest in. Here's another Bean link to a pair I've had for years: Town and Field Boots, Jodhpur Leather: Casual at L.L.Bean I think they 'updated' a bit in the look but they are pretty much the same. They finally wore out last year so were another moving clean out casualty.

MBMouse I'm not sure what it is about shoes an women either... since I never really felt like I was one of "those" women. So here I am, discussing away and planning my buys. I hope we have another discussion come spring for sandals. I'm going to need to do some shopping then or go barefoot next summer!! I feel like you Bebette... only I never liked the feel of the plain flip flops I've always had at least one pair of the leather version. I think it is that plastic aversion again, like the crocs. I used to like Dr. Scholl's but think I'd get a foot cramp these days, as well as feel my knees. To think all the things I took for granted in my 20's.... like no pain no matter what heal height, or how little padding. I have to agree with the consensus here.... comfort is number 1 and number 2 and fashion maybe a distant 3rd or 4th!!!
I am not one of "those women" either hahahahha, but I do love shoes! However after 10 minutes in a store and I am done, I want out. I am not a shopper, I am a get in, get what you need and get out kind of people. I know, I know, contradicts the shoe loving thing, but what can I say, I am unique hahahaha.
As for the summer shoe, GOT to be a cute strappy sandal with some neat emblem or some such thing. Kinda like: Arturo Chiang Linda - Dusk Bronze Soft Metallic - Free Shipping & Return Shipping
or Touch Ups Melanie - Bronze Metallic - Free Shipping & Return Shipping
Or for the fun casual flats Product
Or for the with shorts, running around, I LOVE these, so comfy! I am in need of a new pair of these, the ones I have are about 10 years old and disintegrated LOL! Teva Terra-Fi 2 - Fig Blue - Free Shipping & Return Shipping

All this shoe talk... I feel so bonded with y'all.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:21 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,331,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Oh my gosh, the hiknapster family is all better. Every one of us!

I LOVE L.L. Bean. I am really sorry that I didn't order from the catalog. I suppose it is not too late. As soon as I do, you just know that there will be a heat wave!
Glad to hear all are better at the Hik home!
But did ya have to send it over here? Hubby has it BAD. He has had it since about Friday and still not getting much better, even with the Meds the Dr. called him in.
I hope this junk stops going around SOON!.

I too love LLBean but I have to stay away because I have found in the past that I way over spend there. I guess it is a New England thing? hahahahhaa

Old 12-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
But did ya have to send it over here? Hubby has it BAD. He has had it since about Friday and still not getting much better, even with the Meds the Dr. called him in.

I too love LLBean but I have to stay away because I have found in the past that I way over spend there. I guess it is a New England thing? hahahahhaa
OH NO! Fred was the sickest out of all of us. I sure hope your hubby feels better soon. That is one weird, crazy bug!

Have you ever been to LL Bean up in Freeport? It is so cool! They are open 24 hours a day!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:31 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,352,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post

MB,
With all the mentions of Eddie Bauer, L.L.Bean and Lands End, it did remind me of New England.( I know Lands End is not a New England company, but everyone always shopped them because sometimes they were cheaper then L.L.Bean.) For a very brief moment I missed New England.
Pam

Old 12-04-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
MB,
With all the mentions of Eddie Bauer, L.L.Bean and Lands End, it did remind me of New England.( I know Lands End is not a New England company, but everyone always shopped them because sometimes they were cheaper then L.L.Bean.) For a very brief moment I missed New England.
Pam
I miss New England everyday, especially the food, but I also miss the scenery. I love the people here more, though. You just can't beat the people.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:34 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,352,118 times
Since slippers were mentioned, check this thread out....
https://www.city-data.com/forum/other...-slippers.html
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville