Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2008, 07:30 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times

Advertisements

I love the Knoxville Shoe & Boot Thread! You gals are great!

J & Em, I love the LL Bean short boots you have. I was looking at either the classic (like yours) or the Stormburst; either in black. LOL on fashion police!

And, for the record, I hate crocs too! Especially the swiss cheese ones! You would not believe how many sprained and broken ankles those have caused.

GBH - ladybug clogs, how cute!

When I think back on all of the high heels I have worn over the years.......... I was certifiably crazy!!! Bring on the comfort shoes.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:37 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I love the Knoxville Shoe & Boot Thread! You gals are great! When I think back on all of the high heels I have worn over the years.......... I was certifiably crazy!!! Bring on the comfort shoes.
SMG, can you believe we use to wear those high heel shoes every day??? No wonder we now have foot cramps in the middle of the night!!

Last week, on the Today Show, Kathy Lee's co-host was so excited about a wonderful sale she found on shoes....she purchased multiple pairs and showed them....SPIKE HEELS and SUPER POINTY TOES!!! All I could think when I saw them was "OMG, NEVER AGAIN"!!!! I'm so glad that I'm at the point in life that I don't care what someone else thinks of my shoes - I only care about how comfortable they are!!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,494 times
Talk about crocs, my daughter bought me a pair of the lined ones and I wore them a few weeks ago and would you believe, right in the middle of a restaurant with a plate of food, the toe of the shoe caught a dip in the floor and down I went, plate of food and all, I must have really looked cutebut thankfully I wasnt hurt, just my ego was a little bruised thinking about how I must have lookedThat was my embarrassing moment of 2008

Old 12-03-2008, 09:34 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,329,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I love the Knoxville Shoe & Boot Thread! You gals are great!

J & Em, I love the LL Bean short boots you have. I was looking at either the classic (like yours) or the Stormburst; either in black. LOL on fashion police!

And, for the record, I hate crocs too! Especially the swiss cheese ones! You would not believe how many sprained and broken ankles those have caused.

GBH - ladybug clogs, how cute!

When I think back on all of the high heels I have worn over the years.......... I was certifiably crazy!!! Bring on the comfort shoes.
I think it is funny you called this the "shoe and boot" thread LOL! Here is why....I love and wear what I call "shoe boots", basically if you are wearing pants and are standing up they look like boots, but they only go the ankle. I have.....well, too many pairs of them in different styles LOL!. I have casual shoe boots in brown and black, dress shoe boots that look great with suits! Hubby asked me what I wanted for Christmas the other day, before I could even get one syllable out, he says " never mind, I know, shoe boots." hahahhaha And yes, I am lucky, my hubby picks out great shoes that fit me! (yes he is straight LOL!)
Here is an example of what I am talking about:Sudini Mira (Black) - Dress Women's Boots
Or Clarks Utica (Burgundy) - Dress Shoes
Or Born Beechnut (Tan Leather) - Dress Shoes
(that was the first time I checked out zappos...man I LOVE those shoe boots too! I could go so broke so quick on one site hahahaha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
SMG, can you believe we use to wear those high heel shoes every day??? No wonder we now have foot cramps in the middle of the night!!

Last week, on the Today Show, Kathy Lee's co-host was so excited about a wonderful sale she found on shoes....she purchased multiple pairs and showed them....SPIKE HEELS and SUPER POINTY TOES!!! All I could think when I saw them was "OMG, NEVER AGAIN"!!!! I'm so glad that I'm at the point in life that I don't care what someone else thinks of my shoes - I only care about how comfortable they are!!

See, now I guess it is because I am short, but I love a heel, but it has to be a wide heel, no spikes! and I can not stand those pointy shoes! Reminds me too much of witch shoes LOL!.
I guess maybe that is why I love my "shoe boots" so much, they have a heel but yet comfy.
Then again, one of my favorite pairs has no heels.
Woman and their shoes, wonder why we have such as fascination with them?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:42 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,395,151 times
Bebette, I'm with you on the flip flops! I've lived in them for years. Flip flops, clogs, sneakers, driving mocs and UGGs-- that's all I wear. I haven't even owned a pair of heels in a decade.

The UGGs are great, but someone told me L.L. Bean's Wicked Good slippers are pretty close, and they cost a lot less. UGGs are kinda pricey, but they last a long time. Maybe somebody should test it and see. Any volunteers? SMG? Mbmouse? Mbmouse's hubby?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,955,919 times
hey there GBH, yes - I got my brother the wicked goods last year cuz that's all he will wear - for years now. Even when one of us gets him a new pr.. he hangs onto the old pr too, wearing them to get firewood, etc.

I'm crackin' up! Do shoes bring women together or what?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:42 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,351,428 times
I live in My Wickin good slippers from LLBean. They are perfect for taking Petey out for a quick one.
Years ago I used to wear spike heels all the time, nothing like the sound of a purposeful walk in heels on linoleaum. I once was the mini Imelda Marcos of shoes. Till I had my stroke, now I am happy with wearing either Merral slip ons or Lands end knockoffs. I have grown up and reached a place in my life where comfort is everything in a shoe and walking helps too. I do not miss breaking in a new pair of heels and living with the blisters. Although I am always short now without my heels.....
Have a great day Knoxville.
Pam

Old 12-04-2008, 08:45 AM

2,063 posts, read 7,790,215 times
My contribution to the *Knoxville Boot and Shoe Thread*:

The Wicked Good ones are very nice and would make an excellent choice for anyone not caring about being trendy and having the Uggs look. Currently DH has a pair that are at least 4 or 5 years old and still look pretty good. They are used as slippers year round and he tends to walk outside in them every so often. I think they are better as an "indoor" shoe and not quite as rugged as the Uggs.

Mouse, I love the look of those boot shoes and have a couple of pairs from when I was working (part time in Hiking Boots and part time office) because I liked to wear them with pants . For jeans I also like wearing something I'll call "booties" which is what I first thought you meant. Those look like boots but only go up to the ankle and are meant to be worn under pants not with them tucked in like Uggs. Clear as mud? Let's see if I can find a link.... got one: Eddie Bauer: Short Boots My preference leans towards the flat heels so the one to the left would be what I would be happiest in. Here's another Bean link to a pair I've had for years: Town and Field Boots, Jodhpur Leather: Casual at L.L.Bean I think they 'updated' a bit in the look but they are pretty much the same. They finally wore out last year so were another moving clean out casualty.

MBMouse I'm not sure what it is about shoes an women either... since I never really felt like I was one of "those" women. So here I am, discussing away and planning my buys. I hope we have another discussion come spring for sandals. I'm going to need to do some shopping then or go barefoot next summer!! I feel like you Bebette... only I never liked the feel of the plain flip flops I've always had at least one pair of the leather version. I think it is that plastic aversion again, like the crocs. I used to like Dr. Scholl's but think I'd get a foot cramp these days, as well as feel my knees. To think all the things I took for granted in my 20's.... like no pain no matter what heal height, or how little padding. I have to agree with the consensus here.... comfort is number 1 and number 2 and fashion maybe a distant 3rd or 4th!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 01:26 PM

197 posts, read 485,693 times
I tend to wear hiking boots everywhere. I have several pair. Very good ones. Supportive. Right now, I am wearing Morrow hiking boots with gore-tex liners. If I wanted to dress up, I would wear my Fabiano boots - they are handmade with nailed soles and suade with soft leather liners and almost dressy - I could even wear them with a jean skirt... These are the kind you never throw out - a 50 year boot - they still look new and they are 20 years old...
I also like my berkies and I have some German wool felt clogs.
I don't own heals. I have to wear orthotic supports. :/ I have very bad feet and can't even walk to the bathroom in the night without putting on shoes with support - hence the German clogs. As long as I always always support my feet, I'm OK.

My son wants a pair of real sheep fleece lined leather slippers for the Holidays this year. I think that I will make that happen for him. Not Uggs, but I am thinking of these:
Buy a Mens Sunrise at Sheepskin.com (http://www.sheepskin.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=SL000015&UnitCde=1&Desc=Mens%2 0Sunrise&Search=N - broken link)

Old 12-04-2008, 01:26 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times
The Wicked Good moccasins have a 5 star rating on LLBean and the slippers are just slightly lower; both great. I have found Uggs fairly reasonable on Cabela's. I also have several shoe boots like mb mentioned; love those too! I love flip flops and sandals too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville