Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 12:34 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Well, I got sick Friday night and have been sick ever since. I'm at work but feel terrible.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
To all of you who caught the 'bug' I hope you're feeling like yourselves once again. And, if not, then no later than Monday morning!

We had a great time while at our home in Maryville. Thanks to all who sent greetings regarding the frozen pipe. Guess we'll be remembering our days in WI winters and prepare for the same. Actually dh had a 'inside' shut off but never did we think the temps would go that low before Thanksgiving. Guess what? Now we know better.

SMG--Noticed your lighted wiindows yesterday morning as we passed by on our way out of Maryville. Looked great! Helped light the way on the country road so very early in the morning.

We're having snarly weather here in sunny FL today. It's nearly 2:30 and almost pitch dark. Tornado watches and warnings abound.

Bebette--Lots of fun times during your house hunting adventures. What a pretty time of the year with all the Christmas decorations to be out and about. Sorry you didn't feel better while in NC. That makes a long trip even rougher.

Mystic and Hik and Lauren--I'll be thinking of you this weekend at the parade. Hope it's not too, too cold. Wave to Santa for me.

Gailli--Happy Shopping! I did a little myself while in TN. Not near enough to say 'I'm done,' however.

Bones--How's the chilli? Making some here today. Only mine's the 'regular' red kind!

And To All--A great week whatever you may find yourself doing!

Old 11-30-2008, 04:25 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
Hey, Suzanne! Feeling better. Well, I'm eating some pizza and then heading for bed. That oughta cure me!

I would have never thought it would get this cold by Thanksgiving, either. Don't feel bad.

Be careful of that weird weather! It sounds terrible.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:30 PM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
Hey everyone!
Gosh, what a LONG weekend! We worked on the float for 6 hours yesterday in the rain, then all afternoon I spent working on making oversize candies for the "sugarplums" The tree is up here, but nothing on it yet. I am working on banners and wrapping empty boxes (like I don't wrap enough christmas packages as it is, LOL)

Pam, I didn't forget about you, I am going to call you tomorrow --there's no need to send you the release forms, you can just fill them out there.

Heidi, I had yours for yesterday-let me know if you want me to mail them or if you just want to sign them on Friday night

Hoping everyone who was feeling yucky is feeling better, and a happy Sunday evening to a good Thanksgiving holiday!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,795,197 times
Hi everyone, its been a while. Sorry to see several of you have been ill or have family members who are sick. Hope everyone is on the mend! I have been having problems with my cranky old computer and haven't had much success staying on line. I've missed you all and hope to have things fixed when DS returns at Christmas time with parts for the dinosaur. If not my Christmas present won't be the camera I was thinking about putting on my wish list.

Suzanne sorry to have missed seeing you once again. We've got to get better timing. We didn't even think about outside pipes either, although you think we would have after so many years living in the cold North! It was rare even there to have that kind of cold before Thanksgiving. Hope the rip back was smooth, especially through Atlanta. You "alternate" route was the one DS used going up. I have the feeling you and my DS were sharing the road at some point on the return trip after Thanksgiving. I'm glad the high winds on Sunday didn't end up being tornadoes!

Mystic the float sounds like a lot of work! Good luck with it and have fun.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:22 AM

197 posts, read 485,965 times
Hi Kids, How has everyone been? How were the Holidays? I went to Dan's folks house and I brought the mashed potatoes. I was assigned this task - I can make anything, but was assigned mashed potatoes...! So I made them with chives and garlic and cream cheese and then baked them en caselole to have a browned top. My son made sundried tomato basil bread.

The rest of the long weekend we spent installing the hardwood at the bungalow. I had thought originally that I would patch the original hardwood. Um. Well, yeah, there are two patches. In other words, it is ending up that the only salvageable old flooring is about a one foot swath in front of the front door! It will the the "token" original floor. The rest is new... Here is a pic...

Moderator cut: cut

Last edited by mbmouse; 12-02-2008 at 08:47 PM..

Old 12-02-2008, 12:21 PM

5,478 posts, read 12,255,042 times
I know this is off topic, but I've followed this whole auto bailout thingy, and I really am impressed with your Sen Bob Corker. He seems to ask the hard and relevant questions and seems to be one of only a few lawmakers who actually uses logic instead of emotions when dealing with political matters.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:47 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
Hi Cobolt, welcome. I don't think you needed to apologize for an off topic change of subject, we are never on topic here.
Jen, Love the floor!
Night Knoxville
Pam

Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 AM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
Hey everyone!

Pam, the number in my phone doesn't work for you-I must have put it in wrong? and now the DM is gone...good grief! I think I gave you mine-do you want to call me or do you want me to DM you the time and location? if I don't hear back from you in a bit, I will just type it up for you!

The float is coming along beautifully...going to be hopefully finishing it up tonight I am just hoping that we have enough people riding to not destroy all those efforts, LOL---so many of my moms right now are either expecting or have very young children, so they can't ride. I'm sure it will be fine, and I refuse to stress about it anymore

You can tell it's a busy time of year--so quiet around here! Cobolt-no need to apologize, I agree with Pam-no real topic here

Jen, you all are making some real progress! Glad to hear that you had a good holiday!

Off for now, hugs to you all!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:37 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,522,967 times
Mystic - I can't wait to see pics of your float!

Cobolt - this is a chat thread and that means that we just chit chat about this and that. Feel free to jump right in.

Suzanne - I hope you had a nice trip back. That is sweet that you noticed my lights on your way out of town. We threw them up quickly Friday as we had to go out of town Saturday, We just got back last night so I hope to finish the spotlights, etc. soon.

Hik - I hope you and your family are feeling better.

I thought of many of you as I was in Fountain City today (my doctor is up that way).

I hope you all are doing great and enjoying the holiday. I can't believe it is Dec. 3rd already!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:47 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,229,169 times
Hi Everyone!! I'm so excited...hubby and I are heading to Gatlinburg for the weekend to enjoy the Christmas parade there on Friday night and then to Sevierville for their parade on Saturday!! Since all of my clothes are geared towards living on islands, I had to order a down-filled coat, insulated boots, thermal socks, ear muffs and cuddle duds........now I am either going to be nice and comfy or I'm going to have a hot flash and strip on the street!! LOL

Mystic, I just know that everything will be perfect for your float and I look forward to seeing pics of it - complete with Bones in his 'elf' outfit!!!

Hik, how is your family feeling now? Are all three of you well yet?

Pam, hope you are having a great holiday season being back in 'TN'!! It sounds like you have settled in and your time in NC was more like a little 'vacation'!! LOL

Gailli, have you been to see any more shows lately? And how are you feeling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville