Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 07:54 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,913 times

Advertisements

Didnt make it to Pigeon Forge today, went grocery shopping instead, not much fun either but had to be done.

Suzanne, I will save my coupons and we will go suffer together when you get back up here, not sure we will have much conversation over the loud music but might make the bad food better with good company

We have threee bad days of weather next week and I too want to make it to Dollywood, have Dr appt on Monday so thats out and lunch plans on Thurs, going to go to Calhouns on the River for the first time. Guess Dollywood will have to be the following week.

Hey Bebette, enjoy your birthday, our anniversary is Dec 15th so we will be going into Pigeon Forge then for dinner at the Alamo(our yearly free steak dinner that they allow residents)

Well, stay warm everyone and enjoy your weekend

Old 12-05-2008, 09:04 PM

811 posts, read 2,012,579 times
Bebette-
My birthday is the 15th-I was thinking it was sometime next week, but I guess it's a week and a little bit-LOL--I can't keep my days straight anymore!

So the parade went well--LOTS of no-shows, unfortunately, and the ONE mommy that did show up left before we even started moving because she wasn't dressed for the weather...

So, it was just us. But we got a LOT of compliments on our float and even had one lady driving by stop in the middle of the road and comment on it. I will post pictures tomorrow-Didn't get any airtime except for a small corner of the back of the float during an interview with some little girls....I don't think half of the parade actually got any airtime, and there were some other really great floats that didn't either. That was my only major disapppointment. My boys were wonderful--smiled and waved and yelled Merry Christmas the entire time (except for the last 3 minutes or so for the littlest one)

Off to bed now, I am EXHAUSTED. (and I have cold feet, LOL)

Old 12-06-2008, 05:29 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,341,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Bebette-
My birthday is the 15th-I was thinking it was sometime next week, but I guess it's a week and a little bit-LOL--I can't keep my days straight anymore!

So the parade went well--LOTS of no-shows, unfortunately, and the ONE mommy that did show up left before we even started moving because she wasn't dressed for the weather...

So, it was just us. But we got a LOT of compliments on our float and even had one lady driving by stop in the middle of the road and comment on it. I will post pictures tomorrow-Didn't get any airtime except for a small corner of the back of the float during an interview with some little girls....I don't think half of the parade actually got any airtime, and there were some other really great floats that didn't either. That was my only major disapppointment. My boys were wonderful--smiled and waved and yelled Merry Christmas the entire time (except for the last 3 minutes or so for the littlest one)

The parade was moving fast. Everyone looked so cold. My hope is that when they put it On Demand, they actually managed to film it in its entirety.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:10 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,082,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Bebette-

Mystic, sorry for all the no-shows....but glad y'all had a great time and the parade went well.....

Old 12-06-2008, 09:55 AM

I found you, mystic. That IS a really nice float, and so are the others that they missed. They really need someone like WBIR to broadcast it. The show was pathetically horrible.

http://qik.com/knoxnews#v=656535

Old 12-06-2008, 10:49 AM

2,700 posts, read 3,685,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I found you, mystic. That IS a really nice float, and so are the others that they missed. They really need someone like WBIR to broadcast it. The show was pathetically horrible.

Qik | Knoxnews

Hik, thanks for finding the clip. If Mystic's float was the 'local moms' then I saw her group, too.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:57 AM

Default Parade

Nice Float, congrats Mystic. WBIR did carry the parade live on Charter, not sure about other cable, I watched it but there was not enough light on the road for the floats to show up really good.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Nice Float, congrats Mystic. WBIR did carry the parade live on Charter, not sure about other cable, I watched it but there was not enough light on the road for the floats to show up really good.
Whoops! I didn't know that. I watched WVLT. Bleah.

I loved the fire in the fireplace. Really cool.

To SMG: I hope Maryville High School wins tonight! I don't usually know about such things, but I read about it in the paper.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:59 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,529,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
To SMG: I hope Maryville High School wins tonight! I don't usually know about such things, but I read about it in the paper.
Thanks Hik! The kids are there and we are watching it on TV. We bagged the B & B tonite; free reservation already paid for if anyone is interested. Knox Catholic won the state championship in their division today! Alcoa won theirs last night.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:53 PM

Hik, sorry, it wasnt WBIR we watched, DH corrected me, see I never know what channel we are watching with the Remote Hog in the house

Just heard the bad news about Maryville, so sorry but at least Catholic won their State Championship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville