Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 06:22 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfanatic View Post
Good night all....sleep well and have wonderful dreams!!!
I think the picture is saying 'time to get in those jammas!' It's even cooler here in FL, windows open, breeze blowin' makes for good sleepin' weather.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:06 PM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I keep trying to get on your forum, but I never have the time. The Girl Scouts has tons of paperwork. Good golly. I even have to open a bank account for the troop.
I know you have been busy..I am glad to hear that's all it is, I was starting to get a little sad

I know scouts is time consuming--I am not a den leader for mine, but I may as well be some weeks since I basically have to tell the leaders what they should be doing...lol...plus I am treasurer for the entire pack which is getting hairy the next few weeks due to the popcorn fundraiser, and I am organizing the big Blue and Gold Banquet! I can only imagine if they were behind like you said that you have your hands full! So proud of you though! I did a few slumber parties for girl scouts a few years ago with avon, it was fun--I live vicariously through my friends with girls

Old 10-23-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Gailli is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that the swelling is down!

I have some weird infection on the side of my face. It is my ear and nose and tooth. Ouchy. The nurse said the doctor can't take me. Time to find another doctor.
umm..I have been experiencing the SAME symptoms for the past 4 days--no tylenol or ibuprofen will help it either....it is BAD! I of course, have not gone to the doctor for it. Shame on me. Let me know what they tell you...boy is that strange to have the same symptoms...lol

Gailli--glad you're home safe and sound!

Gem-good to hear from you!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:30 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Thanks everyone for the welcome home's, its great to be back among such wonderful people.

Suzanne, nice seeing you and Bruce, enjoyed the lunch and cant wait til you are up here for good.

I am not going to go tomorrow, with all the rain I really dont feel like driving into Knoxville and I think I will give it a few days to see if it was the humidity, I have an appt with my Dr on the 29th so it can wait til then.

Well, I am going to bed, cant wait to crawl into MY OWN BED, I bet I will sleep like a baby tonight.

Take care all.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:56 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
Good morning to everyone!

Mystic, I might need some advice. I'm sure I'm just feeling overwhelmed. Can't I just have fun with the girls?

Well, I'm great with finances, but I am not a big fan of all this paperwork. I'm going to dig into my MASSIVE packet today.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:03 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,957,279 times
Good morning my TN friends! Just a cute tidbit from me to keep myself in the loop...

My mom has been listening to me "think out loud" for 2 years now about moving out of NY. She lives in Colorado with (almost) the rest of my family. She has gently suggested that I think about moving back to CO (never), but pretty much has just been letting me rant about where I think I will eventually end up. She's been out here a few times & I go home a lot, but as she gets on in years she wants less & less NY.

Yesterday she called me & left a msg. asking if TN is still on my list of relocation possibilities? Because Dollywood is there, so she will have something fun to do while I'm working!!!

So it's good to know that your own mother may or may not come to visit you wherever you may be.....but move near Dollywood & she's a guaranteed guest!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 10-24-2008, 06:46 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Good morning my TN friends! Just a cute tidbit from me to keep myself in the loop...

My mom has been listening to me "think out loud" for 2 years now about moving out of NY. She lives in Colorado with (almost) the rest of my family. She has gently suggested that I think about moving back to CO (never), but pretty much has just been letting me rant about where I think I will eventually end up. She's been out here a few times & I go home a lot, but as she gets on in years she wants less & less NY.

Yesterday she called me & left a msg. asking if TN is still on my list of relocation possibilities? Because Dollywood is there, so she will have something fun to do while I'm working!!!

So it's good to know that your own mother may or may not come to visit you wherever you may be.....but move near Dollywood & she's a guaranteed guest!

Have a great day everyone!
Cute story!

I have family in Saratoga Springs.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:19 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
Happy rainy Friday morning peeps!
Piperspal- Every time my parents visit, you can guarantee, Dollywood is on their schedule! Personally, I've never been, not even with the free tickets I could have used from my neighbors in Dandridge. Anyway, that is a good positive that you know your mom will come visit! I can safely say this from my personal experience.... you won't miss NY once you move to East Tn.
My parents were just here at the beginning of October and they are both in their 70's. After living in Germantown all these years, my father was freaking because of all the "traffic"here in Knoxville.As they were driving around during off peak hours, I commented on how Knoxville is like Kingston..... my father corrected me that Knoxville is a "city" and he doesn't even like driving in Albany or Kingston anymore. I told him, they need to get out of Germantown more as two cars is considered "traffic" in Germantown! Funny to see Knoxville threw their eyes.
Hik- the paperwork will fall into place, you will overcome it and then you can play with the girls.
Mystic- How goes things on the other side of town???
Gailli- Welcome home weary traveller! How was your nights sleep in your own bed?
Gem-Good to hear from you and as always got a chuckle from your post.
Suzanne- Isn't it great with the windows open?
Fall fanatic, Good morning! (Ha! Beat you to the good morning...just pretend I put up a graphic.
Bones- Is your Tback method working???
and a hearty hello to anyone I missed.
Pam
BeBette- So is it true that once you pass 40, every thing falls apart??? This coming week we have to venture out and get flu shots.

Last edited by Pam& Bill; 10-24-2008 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: forgot BeBette!

Old 10-24-2008, 07:52 AM

Hik, I ditto what Pam says...the paperwork seems daunting, but you WILL get through it all, and THEN the real fun begins. You will have time to just enjoy the girls, I promise You're doing great!

Pam, Things on this side of town are quiet, except for our neighbor....she is about half-looney, I think. She came over yesterday to see if we wanted her old dog house for our dog...LOL--now, mind you, our dog has been staying out during the day on nights I work (did that make sense?) just for ease purposes--and because a lot of times, you can't get him to come in when he can play in the yard, lol. Well, her house sits up on a hill enough that she can SEE OVER our 6 foot "privacy" fence...and said she was concerned for him being out all the time in the wind...LOL--he is out for about 8 hours 3 days a week, he comes in at night and sleeps at my feet while I work...she made it sound like he is neglected. And then she goes on to tell us about how she talks to him over the fence and he "smiles" at her...and that she watches him playing in our yard all day.
Now, I am all about being friendly with the neighbors, and I don't "dislike" her, I just think she is a little kooky, and I feel a little uncomfortable knowing she "watches" my yard all day, lol. Shane said when he went to pick up the doghouse, he looked from her driveway and could see right inside out basement slider doors.
I guess the upside is if anything out of the ordinary were to happen, she would probably notice

Old 10-24-2008, 08:18 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
Mystic- I hear you loud and clear! In Dandridge we lived in a sub division. Our neighbor 2 houses down knew everything we did or didn't do! If we went out for the afternoon, because one thing leads to another and before you know it, it is getting dark and the day is shot. You could set the clock that by 9 a.m. the following morning, the phone would ring and she'd want to know where we were for the entire day, because she got worried something happened to Bill. I know much of it was sincere concern, and the rest was just pure nosiness. So try to smile threw your neighbors "neighborliness". Tell yourself that she means well, she may not be right in her assumptions but she probably is trying to be a good neighbor and friendly. Remember, we come from a different generation and where we are used to keeping a distance, she isn't. Having good neighbors has a good side and a down side. My nosy neighbor in Dandridge could be counted on to take me to the store or post office when I needed a ride when Bill ended up in the hospital as I don't drive since my stroke. Give her a chance and don't make your mind up about her yet.
Even living here in the apartment complex, I've met many neighbors and I can't say I've gotten to the point I'd invite any of them in for dinner or coffee, but I've been friendly and the other morning, our neighbor that has the back apartment that adjoins us was locked out and needed the phone, so she knocked on the door. Now just last week Petey bit her ankle,so I'm glad that incident didn't ruin a good neighbor relationship. Most of the neighbors are learning that while Petey is a cute looking little fluff ball, he is a spoiled brat and they give him a wide circle to pass by.LOL So I too hear what I "should" do in regards to disciplining the brat, I just smile agree and don't let it bother me. After all, you'll never please everybody all the time.
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville