Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,080,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Mystic and Bones-
I missed the BK comment, day late and a dollar short I guess.
I happen to love Whoppers with cheese minus the onions and tomatos.
Bones, Hon this is Knoxville, we have a ton of choices. Besides if we are going to HG on the West side, then PF Chang's is the place or Macaroni Grill. Then we can hit Litton's for RVC on the way back here.
SMG- How ya feeling?
Aren't todays temps great? I have the window open and I'm enjoying the fresh air!
Piper- Did you get rid of that junk food attack?
Pam
Gee, thought y'all were going to sleep all day.....

Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Gee, thought y'all were going to sleep all day.....
Bill will be sleeping all day. I got up at 10.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:25 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
I'm freezing. Low blood sugar and pressure. Bleah.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:23 AM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
just thought I would update everyone--Shane got an offer but would have to take a 25% pay cut and drive to sevierville everyday (which isnt that big of a deal except that he is also taking the huge paycut so adding gas along to that makes it hard) I don't know that we could make our bills like that. Thankful someone is offering, but still scared.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:22 PM

Mystic,
This economy is very scarey to those of us that weren't around during the depression. (BUT and this is a big BUT) we as a society need to start making changes regarding how we look at things. A 25% pay cut is steep but it is an income which is better then no income.Gas prices have come down.
It may not be the dream job, but it is something till he can find something better.
All the best to you both and what I wrote above is just my measely 2 cents.
Pam

Old 01-24-2009, 06:35 PM

That's exactly how I am looking at it--some job is better than nothing. It's just hard convincing him to take it right now when he knows he is worth more--when he was talking to Sears when we were looing ot move here, they told him they would be starting him off $5-7 more an hour than this place is for doing the same thing. Sears isnt hiring though....KWIM?

Old 01-24-2009, 06:39 PM

Mystic- Yes, I do know what you mean. Pam

Old 01-24-2009, 07:28 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,522,967 times
Hi Pam - thanks for asking about how I am doing and I haven't forgotten you. I was supposed to be at the Bistro at the Bijou tonight watching my friend from 3rd grade playing but I just don't feel well enough to go. I had been making steady progress but am having a flare-up with my right lower lung. I woke up in very bad pain at 4:30 am. House was cold, finally got some pain meds and wrapped up in blankets on the couch and at 4:45 am the power went out. Geesh. I finally gave up and went back to bed just to stay warm. The power came back on 1.5 hours later this morning. Just an off day. I've stayed in and cooked all day and baked a pie. Our DVD player (bought in July) died today and we have to ship it to the manufacturer. I can definitely tell that Mercury is in Retrograde. I hope you all are doing ok. If anyone is coming out this way please let me know and I will meet them with the monitor.

Mystic - 25% paycut isn't as bad as some I have heard of. I know that it is a bitter pill nonetheless. Is Shane going to take it? I don't remember, do you work outside the home? I am hoping for the best outcome for your family.

Maryville real estate seems to be picking up from what I am hearing. Amazing since it has been so cold.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 PM

I know 25% isn't as bad as it could be. It could be a lot worse. I don't knox if he is going to take it yet or not...it may just come down to the fact that there are no other offers on the table right now, KWIM? But the guy said he could start the week after next which is when his current job ends so he really wouldn't have a gap in pay. Unless he gets something great this week I don't see how he could NOT take it. We have 3 kids to feed...KWIM? which is something else we've had to revisit since we have been trying for a baby for over a year now...now we need to wait and get everything settled here first. Anyway, yeah, I work fulltime--actually I work a min of 50 hrs per week and then I also volunteer admin full time, I am picking up some more hours but I am pretty much beat.

Thanks for all the well-wishes. I really don't mean to sound like I am ungrateful, I know we are lucky when so many are struggling for a job period. I think my issue is more that I have so much pride in my DH and know he is worth more than he is being offered. I think this guy knows DH needs the job too.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:39 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,522,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
I know 25% isn't as bad as it could be. It could be a lot worse. I don't knox if he is going to take it yet or not...it may just come down to the fact that there are no other offers on the table right now, KWIM? But the guy said he could start the week after next which is when his current job ends so he really wouldn't have a gap in pay. Unless he gets something great this week I don't see how he could NOT take it. We have 3 kids to feed...KWIM? which is something else we've had to revisit since we have been trying for a baby for over a year now...now we need to wait and get everything settled here first. Anyway, yeah, I work fulltime--actually I work a min of 50 hrs per week and then I also volunteer admin full time, I am picking up some more hours but I am pretty much beat.

Thanks for all the well-wishes. I really don't mean to sound like I am ungrateful, I know we are lucky when so many are struggling for a job period. I think my issue is more that I have so much pride in my DH and know he is worth more than he is being offered. I think this guy knows DH needs the job too.
You don't sound ungrateful and I hope I didn't come off anything other than concerned. I know how stressful all of this is. Keep hanging in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville