Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2020, 08:08 AM

2,373 posts, read 2,761,240 times

Advertisements

Just saw it, geez. Some people can't leave well enough alone

Thankful for the Index painstakingly put together by you and Beloved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post
Apparently webmasters must justify their jobs by occasionally rearranging their sites, rendering our links worthless. Here are the current links...

https://digital.shsmo.org/digital/co...aerial/id/1730

https://digital.shsmo.org/digital/co...aerial/id/2810

On the right side of each page is a listing of the images that you can scroll. Formerly it was one long scroll, now it is broken up into pages. In order to reach the higher numbered images you must scroll and flip a lot of pages. If you know the exact image ID you can reach it via the search box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 08:25 AM

14,166 posts, read 9,058,487 times
Quote:
Apparently webmasters must justify their jobs by occasionally rearranging their sites, rendering our links worthless. Here are the current links...

https://digital.shsmo.org/digital/co...aerial/id/1730

https://digital.shsmo.org/digital/co...aerial/id/2810

On the right side of each page is a listing of the images that you can scroll. Formerly it was one long scroll, now it is broken up into pages. In order to reach the higher numbered images you must scroll and flip a lot of pages. If you know the exact image ID you can reach it via the search box.
Why do I get this feeling that the "table of contents" for this site should take the form of a single page with thumbnails of the 203 aerial photos arranged in a grid so that they appear where they would on the ground in the county? You can set it up so that the image number displays above the grid when the user hovers over it.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:47 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,475,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post

There actually is a prior discussion here, way back in 2015, about both O'Hara Stadium and the old 3&2 Stadium See Posts 7695 et seq

MAD also had posted the enlarged aerial Note the upper left (NW) corner of the magic markered area. Coming from Raytown, we would have turned left on Blue Parkway into the parking lot. The batter's box faced NW. And it had REAL fencing, Major League style, and REAL dugouts. It was on the SOUTH side and there were woods that practically hugged the backside of the covered seating. Played and watched many a game there

That is Mel Hilliard Chevrolet adjacent west. A nice new modern showroom and building as I recall, but by 1970 Polk's it's gone

The last year I recall playing there was 1962 It was still in play in 1963 I'm positive the new 4-diamond 3&2 Park opened in 1964 (same year as Mill Creek Park opened) .in south KC. I know I played the new park in 1964

I'm positive old 3&2 Stadium was demolished on or about the same time

This is probably the stadium you seek...

The black circles mark the corners of the land sections. The county is divided into large blocks designated by Range and Township numbers. Those blocks are further divided into sections.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:02 AM

267 posts, read 158,313 times
Quote:
Tell Mrs Mouse I will be bringing my expert, Mr RL Polk, to resolve this issue at our next Happy Hour

Old 11-22-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Why do I get this feeling that the "table of contents" for this site should take the form of a single page with thumbnails of the 203 aerial photos arranged in a grid so that they appear where they would on the ground in the county? You can set it up so that the image number displays above the grid when the user hovers over it.
Because that would make finding anything too easy and consumer-friendly

Old 11-26-2020, 07:46 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,475,327 times
Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart!

Thanks to all for sharing their memories.

Old 11-26-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart!

Thanks to all for sharing their memories.
Amen!

Many things to be thankful for, including this thread and the several "friends' I've never met (and the one that I have)

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone

Old 12-21-2020, 08:26 AM

267 posts, read 158,313 times
Hey everybody!

Wake up!

Its almost christmas!

Old 12-21-2020, 06:15 PM

I was thinking the same.

Where is everybody? Out shopping @ Blue Ridge Mall?

Old 12-22-2020, 12:42 AM

14,166 posts, read 9,058,487 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same.

Where is everybody? Out shopping @ Blue Ridge Mall?

I had to do an interesting hack to get my gifts to my nieces and nephew in time.

I had gone to Target's website, which said that you could get selected merchandise delivered by Christmas Eve if I ordered by noon Central Time on Sunday.

The items I picked all had these delivery dates: "Arrives by Dec. 29," "Arrives by Dec. 30," "Arrives by Jan. 3."

So I decided I'd order the items for pickup at a nearby Target store. One near my brother's home in Smithville. (That turns out to be the store near the Barry Road/US 169 interchange.)

I put him down as the alternate pickup person and ordered the gifts.

Downside: no gift wrapping or cards. Upside: the gifts get there before Christmas. And all I had to do was set a store 1300 miles from me as "my store" and order from it.

He hasn't picked the order up yet, though. They'll hold it until Wednesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City