Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 03:24 PM

625 posts, read 1,810,326 times

Advertisements

Davey Slatraigh: US 20 is not a death trap, you just have to know how to drive it. And your pinpointing one city in Indiana (Nappanee with a population of 6,000 to interpret what the rest of Indiana (population of over 6,000,000). So I definitely take your credibility with a HUGE grain of salt.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,475,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey_Slatraigh View Post
Everything in Indiana seems like its falling apart. They don't even have lights on that death-trap 20 Bypass. I've seen so many people turned over in ditches and dodging kamikaze deer on it, in the 6 months of my living out here. The house we're in now is like...someone tried to bandaid everything. Stuff is falling apart and everything is in disrepair and people don't want to work as hard out here, because they're getting slave wages. They say that Indiana is cheaper than Illinois. That's a load of crap. The only thing cheaper is rent/housing. You might not have to pay for vehicle stickers, or tax on new vehicles but you pay an insane fee for new plates on a new car. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of nice places to visit, but if I didn't have friends out here I wouldn't stay. They roll up the streets at 9:30-10 pm.
Yeah the bypass is a death trap. Dark and in winter its like black ice and cars smashed up everywhere. I avoid Tue bypass unless its warm n sunny. Think I answered this Q but I'm not going thru 55 pages to find out. No, I do not like Indiana but due to health and other reasons I'm stuck here. I'm a desert kinda guy. I'd take the CA, AZ desert anyday over Indiana or any of these flat states.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,511,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Yeah the bypass is a death trap. Dark and in winter its like black ice and cars smashed up everywhere. I avoid Tue bypass unless its warm n sunny. Think I answered this Q but I'm not going thru 55 pages to find out. No, I do not like Indiana but due to health and other reasons I'm stuck here. I'm a desert kinda guy. I'd take the CA, AZ desert anyday over Indiana or any of these flat states.
Future problem though with deserts will be lack of water.
Las Vegas/Pheonix etc are doomed if they don't fix that problem.
Without water=your dead.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:03 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,531,247 times
Quote:
No, I do not like Indiana but due to health and other reasons I'm stuck here. I'm a desert kinda guy. I'd take the CA, AZ desert anyday over Indiana or any of these flat states.
Interesting, because on 1/6/2012 you posted this in another thread in relation to your move out of Indiana:

"Didn't make me happy,.actually made me depressed because I found out that everywhere is pretty much the same. Grass may be greener but there may be more piles of s**t to step in. And the sun is over rated."

Old 03-15-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Interesting, because on 1/6/2012 you posted this in another thread in relation to your move out of Indiana:

"Didn't make me happy,.actually made me depressed because I found out that everywhere is pretty much the same. Grass may be greener but there may be more piles of s**t to step in. And the sun is over rated."

Ouch....................

Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post

People and their opinions change, well, people who accept change. You stalking me?

Old 03-16-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Ouch....................
Ouch? Lmao! I actually find it funny/amusing someone is either bothered by my posts or just bored enough to keep tabs on what each person says. That's a hoosier for ya

Old 03-16-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Ouch? Lmao! I actually find it funny/amusing someone is either bothered by my posts or just bored enough to keep tabs on what each person says. That's a hoosier for ya
hahahahahahaha. lol now thats something

Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,531,247 times
Quote:
People and their opinions change, well, people who accept change. You stalking me?
I have a very long memory, and I know how to utilize a search function when I think I recall certain posts.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times
Quote:
Quote:
You are making of fun for someone because they have a good memory?

I remember when I was in college in Evansville, a girl I worked with told me about her Dad who lived in the east side of Evansville. When I asked her about that maybe a year later, she thought I was stalking her too. Nope, I just have intellect and a memory.

You are right about one thing though, people change. The only thing that has not changed for you though, is that whether you are in Indiana, California, or back in Indiana, you are a complainer. Eventually one has to consider the possibility that maybe your surroundings are not the problem. Maybe the problem is you.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 03-16-2012 at 01:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana