Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 11:27 PM

3,380 posts, read 9,218,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McdonaldIndy View Post

There's plenty of people happy living in Indiana.
The opinion of someone from Colorado won't have much weight compared to someone that has lived here.
I am unfortunately living NE of Indy right now. Thankfully, I travel for work so I don't have to spend copious amounts of time in Indiana.

Honestly, if I had never lived in Colorado I could actually be happy here in Indiana. Living in Colorado really opened my eyes to how amazing it is to live in a place people travel from around the world to visit.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:00 AM

6,345 posts, read 11,110,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McdonaldIndy View Post
Basing a relocation solely on 1 website with various opinions on the internet. Some not even based on reality is foolish.
Where in my message do I even imply this? Unbelievable and a fabrication of the truth. I have never used City-data.com to solely gain information for relocating. In fact, when I moved to Indy this time it didn't even play a role in my decision. I moved here because my older brother is here and was having some problems thanks to his ex. Came here to be a safety net for a while until he got back on his feet. I was here 20 years ago for six months but left due to the air quality issue. Was having frequent nose bleeds. The problem stopped after I went back to Connecticut.

This perfectly illustrates why I won't stay in Indianapolis or anywhere near it. Too many people are off in another zone. You see things that don't exist.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
I am unfortunately living NE of Indy right now. Thankfully, I travel for work so I don't have to spend copious amounts of time in Indiana.

Honestly, if I had never lived in Colorado I could actually be happy here in Indiana. Living in Colorado really opened my eyes to how amazing it is to live in a place people travel from around the world to visit.
My cousin and his wife have lived in Louisville which is a suburb of Denver for decades. They love the area. I spent a few months there and really enjoyed the stay. People are not close minded like in many regions and that no doubt is due to the fact that half the population of the state is from another state or country.

Indy is a very parochial city. I will say they make the most of what they have here but until the people become a little more accepting of people that they can't categorize (straight, gay, left leaning, right leaning etc.) anyone that is an independent thinker or or has views and a lifestyle that is outside of the "box" should look to other states. They most definitely look down on people that like a more libertarian lifestyle.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:09 AM

8,985 posts, read 17,318,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
My cousin and his wife have lived in Louisville which is a suburb of Denver for decades. They love the area. I spent a few months there and really enjoyed the stay. People are not close minded like in many regions and that no doubt is due to the fact that half the population of the state is from another state or country.

Indy is a very parochial city. I will say they make the most of what they have here but until the people become a little more accepting of people that they can't categorize (straight, gay, left leaning, right leaning etc.) anyone that is an independent thinker or or has views and a lifestyle that is outside of the "box" should look to other states. They most definitely look down on people that like a more libertarian lifestyle.
So basically, you lived here a year, met someone you didn't like, and are leaving because people in Cincinnati are somehow different. Just like Kansas City. We know your story.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
So basically, you lived here a year, met someone you didn't like, and are leaving because people in Cincinnati are somehow different. Just like Kansas City. We know your story.
Toxic Roast. Again, more delusional opinions from you that are not based in fact.

I'm from Connecticut. If someone moves there and has bad experiences or luck or does not like it and moves I don't jump all over them. To each his own. Berating someone that has had experiences that don't match your own in a certain area is small minded.

My brother told me the people here are "out there'. You are living proof.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:16 AM

8,985 posts, read 17,318,935 times
Quote:
Toxic Roast. Again, more delusional opinions from you that are not based in fact.

I'm from Connecticut. If someone moves there and has bad experiences or luck or does not like it and moves I don't jump all over them. To each his own. Berating someone that has had experiences that don't match your own in a certain area is small minded.

My brother told me the people here are "out there'. You are living proof.
Your post history speaks for itself, sir.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Your post history speaks for itself, sir.
And so does yours. Sorry, I just don't like ignorant, backwards and close minded people that try to force their way of life on me or try to peg me as being a criminal element or other unsavory things that are complete fabrications of the truth.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:55 AM

3,380 posts, read 9,218,687 times
Quote:

In my experience the folks in Colorado are just as nice as the folks in Indiana.

My beef is Indiana and the lack of mountains. When I lived in Colorado the scenery simply inspired me. I would look over the mountains and see adventure and excitement. I love rock /ice climbing , mountain biking,and anything in the mountains.

Indiana doesn't do that. I look out and see flat, grey, and a non inspirational skyline. It kills me to be here.

Side note I have seen some pretty sunsets and SW IN has some nice hills and mountain biking. And if it wasn't for the amazing rock climbing in Kentucky I am pretty sure I would lose it.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
In my experience the folks in Colorado are just as nice as the folks in Indiana.

My beef is Indiana and the lack of mountains. When I lived in Colorado the scenery simply inspired me. I would look over the mountains and see adventure and excitement. I love rock /ice climbing , mountain biking,and anything in the mountains.

Indiana doesn't do that. I look out and see flat, grey, and a non inspirational skyline. It kills me to be here.

Side note I have seen some pretty sunsets and SW IN has some nice hills and mountain biking. And if it wasn't for the amazing rock climbing in Kentucky I am pretty sure I would lose it.
I don't knock all of Indiana. I've met some decent and nice people in some of the rural areas and in smaller cities like Fort Wayne or Terre Haute. Indy is another matter. Have no use for the place. Too many of these people are truly delusional. They see things that don't exist. I've actually had people tell me to my face that I am some kind of criminal element yet they cannot produce a shred of evidence to support their twisted beliefs. My older brother has dealt with similar issues as well. If they don't know you they automatically brand you as being something nasty. In reality it is they who are nasty.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:37 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,277,471 times
Quote:
I don't knock all of Indiana. I've met some decent and nice people in some of the rural areas and in smaller cities like Fort Wayne or Terre Haute. Indy is another matter. Have no use for the place. Too many of these people are truly delusional. They see things that don't exist. I've actually had people tell me to my face that I am some kind of criminal element yet they cannot produce a shred of evidence to support their twisted beliefs. My older brother has dealt with similar issues as well. If they don't know you they automatically brand you as being something nasty. In reality it is they who are nasty.
You must hang out with some strange people. I'm not originally from Indy. I moved here 7 years ago. I've never had any of these experiences you talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana