Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 03:43 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
You must hang out with some strange people. I'm not originally from Indy. I moved here 7 years ago. I've never had any of these experiences you talk about.
I just work a lot of hours a week. Don't have time to socialize right now thanks the need to pay off debt and rebuild my bank account. Most of my friends are back in the northeast, south and a couple in other areas of the Midwest.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:46 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I just work a lot of hours a week. Don't have time to socialize right now thanks the need to pay off debt and rebuild my bank account.
This only adds to the oddity that is your persona here.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
This only adds to the oddity that is your persona here.
Thanks. Who cares? I don't. My brother only spends his time working as well. Has to keep his ex from throwing him in prison if he doesn't pay his alimony. Does this also add to the oddity of his persona as well here? :-)

Old 04-02-2015, 05:15 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,977,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
In my experience the folks in Colorado are just as nice as the folks in Indiana.

My beef is Indiana and the lack of mountains. When I lived in Colorado the scenery simply inspired me. I would look over the mountains and see adventure and excitement. I love rock /ice climbing , mountain biking,and anything in the mountains.

Indiana doesn't do that. I look out and see flat, grey, and a non inspirational skyline. It kills me to be here.

Side note I have seen some pretty sunsets and SW IN has some nice hills and mountain biking. And if it wasn't for the amazing rock climbing in Kentucky I am pretty sure I would lose it.
No, but there are plenty of people who live in Indy that can enjoy the mountains anywhere in the world. It's called the airport.

People (including myself) don't have to move out of the state to enjoy the mountains or another country. The amazing thing is that flying makes it possible to broaden your prospective of other places. It's not as if people in Indiana don't have access to places like mountains or some island in the Pacific. I know someone who lives in Indy that was in Moscow, Russia last October. His wife is from Russia and they both are actually happy living in Indy. You don't have to have mountains in Indy to enjoy them because they can be accessible from anywhere.

Photo of me recently flying over the Atlantic from England. Any place on the planet is accessible from Indy without moving out of the state. You don't have to live in a particular place to enjoy the scenery.

Another advantage of flying is that I didn't have to move out of Indy to enjoy my views from an English countryside cottage. Plus I plan on getting a second home over there and still live in Indy.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McdonaldIndy View Post
There's a couple problems i wanted to clear up with you.
First nobody is forcing you to do anything. What residents of Indianapolis/Indiana don't like is some transplant coming to town telling everyone (Hey your lifestyle sucks and you must change and conform to my way of thinking and life) Here's a tip to you and any other transplant to Indy: The world doesn't revolve around you.
2nd nobody is claiming you to be a part of the criminal element so quit exaggerating.
3rd nobody controls your happiness except yourself. If you are going to be self sensitive to what someone said to you at a restaurant then there's not much we can do to help you. You will be miserable wherever you live then. You and ONLY you control your life. Nobody else. You can either view the glass as half full or half empty. If you view it as half empty and are miserable then that's not Indianapolis's fault. That's your fault and its completely under your control.
Sorry pal you have a hell of a lot of nerve claiming what I've experienced here is false. I don't tell anyone how to live their life but I sure as hell resent people getting into my personal affairs where they have no business being.

I go to work, do my job and mind my own business. Unfortunately some fascists around here have a problem with that.

Seriously, you people have got some real issues.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Seriously, you people have got some real issues.
LOL! Pot, meet kettle.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
LOL! Pot, meet kettle.
I realize that your expectations for my life here in Indianapolis have not been met. I promise I will try to do better next time.

Sorry, but the truth of the matter is I've seen far more rude and infantile behavior exhibited by the people of Indianapolis than I did in Kansas City. If it is of any consolation for you and the others, I find, collectively speaking,the parochial attitude and boorish behavir shown by many of you is even more insulting than what I experienced in KC. And it is even infuriating at times.

Indy suffers from an inferiority complex which in turn has manifested itself into a superiority complex. I've experienced that kind of arrogance here. Like I said, I'm from Connecticut and I don't give a damn if someone bad mouths the state if they lived there or visited and had bad experiences.

Hell, there were a lot of people that lived in Germany during the 1930's and 1940's that did not have a very good time of it now did they? Yet, if they spoke up about it they were ridiculed in the same manner that you and others have done, or WORSE. Same thing happened in Marxist Soviet Union and Maoist Red China. Yes, the experiences in those places for some was very good but for others? Not at all.

Hope that clears things up and makes sense. Does that makes you feel a little better?

Old 04-02-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I realize that your expectations for my life here in Indianapolis have not been met. I promise I will try to do better next time.

Sorry, but the truth of the matter is I've seen far more rude and infantile behavior exhibited by the people of Indianapolis than I did in Kansas City. If it is of any consolation for you and the others, I find, collectively speaking,the parochial attitude and boorish behavir shown by many of you is even more insulting than what I experienced in KC. And it is even infuriating at times.

Indy suffers from an inferiority complex which in turn has manifested itself into a superiority complex. I've experienced that kind of arrogance here. Like I said, I'm from Connecticut and I don't give a damn if someone bad mouths the state if they lived there or visited and had bad experiences.

Hell, there were a lot of people that lived in Germany during the 1930's and 1940's that did not have a very good time of it now did they? Yet, if they spoke up about it they were ridiculed in the same manner that you and others have done, or WORSE. Same thing happened in Marxist Soviet Union and Maoist Red China. Yes, the experiences in those places for some was very good but for others? Not at all.

Hope that clears things up and makes sense. Does that makes you feel a little better?
1. You don't owe me an explanation. I had no expectations for your time in Indy.

2. Call it rude an infantile, but how do you expect people to react to the bats$&! crazy stuff you bring up here? You've talked the same way about your time in KC and other towns. The constant is you. (And for the record, I've lived in the KC area, too, so I do have a frame of reference. I had no problems there.)

3. Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union and Mao's China? Now you're really going off the rails.

4. I never felt bad, but thanks for asking. Believe it or not, I hope you find happiness somewhere. But I'm doubtful.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:44 AM

Sorry. I know what I've experienced here and I know what it is a product of. Sick minds. I did not believe the negative things I heard about Indianapolis before I got here. But now I do. People in KY bad mouth this place to no end and now I see why.

A quote from Sir Charles Chitterley. "Beastwy bore being a fascist."

Old 04-03-2015, 04:01 AM

2,549 posts, read 3,977,685 times
Quote:
I don't knock all of Indiana. I've met some decent and nice people in some of the rural areas and in smaller cities like Fort Wayne or Terre Haute. Indy is another matter. Have no use for the place. Too many of these people are truly delusional. They see things that don't exist. I've actually had people tell me to my face that I am some kind of criminal element yet they cannot produce a shred of evidence to support their twisted beliefs. My older brother has dealt with similar issues as well. If they don't know you they automatically brand you as being something nasty. In reality it is they who are nasty.

Give a specific example as to what you have issue with. Keep in mind you're going to have some nasty people in every city your in but you will also have many who are nice. The golden rule pretty much applies every where in this country. I have been to many cities. Your going to have some people with different beliefs but that doesn't mean you can't get along with them or that you have to change your beliefs. When it comes to living in cities I won't generalize an entire population just based on a negative experience I had with a few people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana