Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is shooting arsonists and looters ok
Yes 150 71.77%
No 59 28.23%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 01:13 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongobongo View Post
Hardly that toy brain.
Since those words make you feel good.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:15 PM

586 posts, read 314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Some people just plain want conflict out of random people they talk to, nothing more. I have many family members who served in the military and grew up in the military myself. I have no love for looters and arsonists and also none for those who wear their ability to kill others with pride.

It's not the ability to kill others, it's the courage, something in short supply with you it would seem, coward.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:16 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times
Quote:
It's not the ability to kill others, it's the courage, something in short supply with you it would seem, coward.
What's wrong with you?

Old 06-01-2020, 01:43 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,067,215 times
Quote:
Hardly that toy brain.
Mongo, I assume you're saying you did at least one tour in Vietnam. I was born too late for that, but did my career with guys who were there, they were all a good bunch of fellers, one was on a Boomer waiting for it to go to the next level. That was tough duty if you were in the mud - thank you for your service.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:06 PM

586 posts, read 314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Mongo, I assume you're saying you did at least one tour in Vietnam. I was born too late for that, but did my career with guys who were there, they were all a good bunch of fellers, one was on a Boomer waiting for it to go to the next level. That was tough duty if you were in the mud - thank you for your service.

Two year draftee, 11B, one tour.

Last edited by Mongobongo; 06-01-2020 at 02:27 PM..

Old 06-01-2020, 02:29 PM

24,514 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I don't think most looters know the local laws. Obviously they don't care much, either.

People do not know that breaking into a place of business and clearing the shelves is a no-no

Old 06-01-2020, 03:37 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
The whole thing is based on personal perception and not facts. Emotion, not rational thinking. If you check the FBI statistics (gathered while we had a half-Black President and a Black Attorney General) many of you will see that your justification for rioting is a pack of lies.

This is what really ticks me off - that people don't know what they are talking about. Check the statistics in our government's FBI records.

More White police are killed by Black men than Black men by white police.

More Black men are killed by Black police rather than white police.

And, oh the irony, Black men are 8 times more likely to kill a police officer than a police officer is to kill an unarmed black man.

I support no personal violence but when you are dealing with potentially dangerous people sometimes you have to speak their language. I personally have had a physical and unwarranted interaction with an out of control officer. Some of them do have mental health problems. As teens both my middle class, non-criminal children had very unpleasant encounters with police with attitude. In both episodes the police violated the law. I know none of this was because of the color of our skin. It was because something was wrong with the mental health of the police officer.

I am intelligent enough to know that reacting with violence to complain about this is not going to be a good solution.

The Mayor and the Governor took oaths to protect the people of Minnesota. Standing by and allowing criminal action to harm the people of their state and city tells me their word isn't worth much.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:28 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Sure it really happened that way? How much taunting went on before the NG fired rubber bullets?

I'm sure this wasn't a case of nice church folk sitting on their porch singing church hymns and suddenly the NG decided to fire on them.

Don't fall for an edited video clip........
Taunting?

You're going to justify unlawful behavior on the basis of taunting? What about lack of training, supervision and discipline? If you or I can't legally walk down the street and shoot rubber bullets or paintballs at people at their homes, the national guard cannot either.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:46 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
From a retired police officer:

Speaking in very general terms, as state law varies:

You may use deadly physical force (DPF/shooting in this instance) to terminate or prevent:

A DPF Attack
Rape
Armed Robbery
Burglary of an Occupied Dwelling
Arson

You may generally never use DPF to prevent or terminate a property crime. That is, a larceny (theft of property), destruction of property, theft in general.

You may not use DPF to stop a physical force attack.

Rich

In many states (and Texas for sure) you can justify using deadly physical force to stop a physical force attack if there is sufficient disparity of physical force.

A woman can use gun against an attacking adult male, a man over 65 can use a gun to defend against a younger adult male, an adult male can use deadly force to defend against multiple adult males.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:48 PM

437 posts, read 547,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Noticing most of the racial conflict happens in the Northeast and Midwest with some in Florida and PNW. Those southern folks at least know what to do with blacks and leave it at that, but they sure know how to abuse the system and huge thieves as well. Westerners have few blacks and will indeed shoot you dead if you squat too loud. The causing the most trouble, both blacks and white, are usually from the regions listed above. Now since coronavirus, we will see more northeastern/Midwest whites, blacks, and all others stir up conflicts everywhere they go.
What do you mean by "know what to do with blacks and leave it at that"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates