Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is shooting arsonists and looters ok
Yes 150 71.77%
No 59 28.23%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 04:24 PM

6,340 posts, read 2,891,514 times

Advertisements

Arson is an intentional act, it's foreseeable that somebody could die as a result. Every arson is a potential murder. Shoot to kill!

Old 06-06-2020, 05:02 PM

7,643 posts, read 4,591,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Even if an attacker is just standing still or approaching you with a walk, are you really going to shoot them in the leg? You get one shot maybe 2 and they're on you.....a meth-head won't care if you hit them in the leg, you'll just be dead.
Woody, are you going to next tell me I can't request the hand be shot of the firestarter trying to commit arson as they strike the match? Perhaps it would be better to aim for the match itself.

Your point is spot on, but I made some edits above on how to make it a bit more succinct. The topic is potent enough as is.

Old 06-07-2020, 11:09 AM

5,968 posts, read 3,711,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Arson is an intentional act, it's foreseeable that somebody could die as a result. Every arson is a potential murder. Shoot to kill!

Never "shoot to kill". Always "shoot to stop". That is your true intent... stopping whatever action the attacker/arsonist is doing that is placing you or others in danger. If the attacker/arsonist happens to die as a result of your "shooting to stop", well, that's just unfortunate since you did the best you could do under the situation.

After the attacker/arsonist has been stopped, you should immediately summon medical help for him/her to show your sincere concern for their well being. Remember, you don't hate and don't intend to kill the attacker/arsonist. You just want to stop their actions. Generally, the best way of doing so is by placing one or more shots "center mass" until the undesired actions stop.

Only in the movies does the good guy attempt to shoot the gun or match out of the hand of the bad guy. This is a trick shot that only experts could pull off after MUCH training. In real life, you aim to stop the action by aiming at center mass. Trying to pull off some trick shot will likely result in you or other innocent people getting killed.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:58 PM

177 posts, read 125,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What this thread shows me is that there are many "conservatives" who are always yelling about following the Constitution, but don't really believe in the Constitution at all.

I think you may be confused on how the US Constitution works. It does not regulate my behavior, it regulates the government's behavior.

I am a subject to federal and state law and I make sure I am within it as much as possible. To include if I was forced to defend myself and my family from arson or looting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates