Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2018, 02:38 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,523,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
<>No, I am saying that adding more guns to schools is not the solution to gun violence. I mean you can try to call me names and state that I am saying government personnel are superior to citizens but I am not the one suggesting veterans be "assigned" to schools am I?
<>
"Mom, can we go home now, I think you're lost, we've passed the same argument three times already, and nothing has changed."
Okay, kids."
Circling for home and landing . . . now."

Old 03-01-2018, 08:02 PM

679 posts, read 812,034 times
Op, good idea, but the minute you say milita, you'll be infiltrated by the feds.

Perhaps a Veterans protection association. Or retired peace officers league.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:08 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
I would like our well-regulated militia to be called up in defense of the border with Mexico. I would say 1 year stints, rotated as needed would be sufficient. The can supply their own guns and ammunition.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:39 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Can we rely on police when shooters are active in school? I hope so in the future if we are going to prevent capable teachers from self defense. Yet, I’ve yet to see cops enter to stop an on going attack.

Four sheriff’s deputies hid during Florida school shooting

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-shooting/amp/
The problem is that you think there is a simple solution to this complex problem. You think that armed teachers would be better than armed police? I think they would be similar but since there would be more guns in schools there would be more shootings. Please tell me why you think an armed teacher or veteran would be better than police?

Old 03-02-2018, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Who are you talking about? Jihadist terror cells?
I am talking about Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, ISIS....I guess it hits on the terrors cells as well. Around 3,000 people were killed on American soil on September 11th. The result was fire raining from the sky and what? Hundreds of thousands? Millions? died half the world away. That is with the US military needing to get there. The US military does not need to get here.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
&quot;Mom, can we go home now, I think you're lost, we've passed the same argument three times already, and nothing has changed.&quot;
Okay, kids.&quot;
Circling for home and landing . . . now.&quot;
And yet you never answered if you had that MBR with you 24/7 your entire time in the military...

Old 03-02-2018, 06:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
The problem is that you think there is a simple solution to this complex problem. You think that armed teachers would be better than armed police? I think they would be similar but since there would be more guns in schools there would be more shootings. Please tell me why you think an armed teacher or veteran would be better than police?
Because they are there and “their” survival is at stake. Are you going to put a cop in every room? Or every hallway? Fact is a shooter can work around guards/police. And again, how have police proven to be a solution?

Why is it you always side with the government having the guns? Why is it you think a trained teacher cannot handle a threat in a classroom? Why is it you equate classroom carry to homes? There is a big difference, the teacher would have the gun on themselves or secured as supposed to how they are managed in homes.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Because they are there and “their” survival is at stake. Are you going to put a cop in every room? Or every hallway? Fact is a shooter can work around guards/police. And again, how have police proven to be a solution?
I am not saying police are the solution. You just posted some links where police failed to act appropriately. I am not saying that police will always act appropriately, I am saying that teachers will have the same rate of inappropriate behavior and arming them in a classroom will just increase the chance of that inappropriate behavior to be worse.
Quote:
Why is it you always side with the government having the guns?
Why is it you lie? I do not always side with the government having guns. Please provide me links where I stated that or apologize.
Quote:
Why is it you think a trained teacher cannot handle a threat in a classroom?
Wait? What? Why are you for arming the government here?
But to address your question, something you seem to not do, I do not think that teachers cannot handle the threat but I think that bringing more guns into schools will increase school shootings by increasing the odds that a gun gets into the hands of a person who will shoot either from accidents or from the wrong person having a gun at the wrong time.
Quote:
Why is it you equate classroom carry to homes? There is a big difference, the teacher would have the gun on themselves or secured as supposed to how they are managed in homes.
It does not matter. Guns introduced to the classroom would lead to an increase in guns causing harm either through accidents or malice.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:30 AM

370 posts, read 446,694 times
Just incase all of you forgot... at least one if not more Sheriff's deputies did not enter the building while shooting was occurring in Broward FL.

Those were paid men to do the job that you are now asking US Veterans to perform?

Why are we discussing voluntary protection when men who are paid to do so will not protect children?

Seems rather passive aggressive behavior to me.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:46 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathrights View Post
Just incase all of you forgot... at least one if not more Sheriff's deputies did not enter the building while shooting was occurring in Broward FL.

Those were paid men to do the job that you are now asking US Veterans to perform?

Why are we discussing voluntary protection when men who are paid to do so will not protect children?

Seems rather passive aggressive behavior to me.
When you put a fake photo like that on a post, you negate the value of any words you post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates