Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 09:00 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
But seriously, just Russians are glad that they got a normal ruler for the first time in 50 years. The previous ones were complete a**holes.
Just.......lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 09:49 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Just.......lol.
Considering Max is a born and bred Russian who lives in Russia currently I think what he says is worth listening to. As a foreigner who knows a lot about Russia and has actually been there I can see where he's coming from. When I toss everything into the pot and look at my own leadership here in America it seems to me were stuck with a-holes.

At least Putin gives a damn about his country.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:48 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Gives a damn about keeping his elite masters rich and in control while convincing the poor masses they are poor because of America instead of his looting.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:00 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Why is Russia exempt from exerting neocolonialism? You claim that all those countries are putting all this pressure on Russia, but what about the reverse? Why would they steal those resources when they've got plenty in their own backyard?

I think you are blind to what is going on in the world. You just decided to direct all your frustrations in one direction, while ignoring the reality on the ground. It is scientifically not possible for only one side to be causing all the trouble as conflict requires multiple parties to take shape.
It is about the reserves, not the current production.

That's not what Exxon said before the US invaded Iraq. The CEO bitched about the diminishing level of oil and gas reserves that were owned by the US oil industry. Most reserves were either owned by foreign governments or in areas in chaos due to violence. One of the first things the US government did in Iraq was to force them to enter into production-sharing contracts where the oil companies would own a share of future output. The oil companies would benefit from future price increases.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Gives a damn about keeping his elite masters rich and in control while convincing the poor masses they are poor because of America instead of his looting.
An election based on fear is not a democracy at all. We saw that here in 2016 with the two major issues being fear and loathing of Russia (Clinton) and fear of immigrants and refugees (Trump). Constantly making threats against Russia only serves to reinforce the Russian peoples' fears and keep an authoritarian government in place. Notice that China has effectively done just the same. If you work in the US MIC and want bigger budgets, it all works in your favor.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:30 AM

2,948 posts, read 2,916,253 times
For centuries, Russia is ruled by guys like Vlad. It's seems like something natural for them. They love these tough guys who stick in the Kremlin's chair as long as possible and enjoy to act the macho role on foreign policy. From Peter the Great on that these leaders just doesn't care for anything. If Russia is filled with poverty, no problem, they have been even worse in the past. So, bring it on more of the same.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:37 AM

403 posts, read 221,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Considering Max is a born and bred Russian who lives in Russia currently I think what he says is worth listening to. As a foreigner who knows a lot about Russia and has actually been there I can see where he's coming from. When I toss everything into the pot and look at my own leadership here in America it seems to me were stuck with a-holes.
At least Putin gives a damn about his country.
^^^That is so true.
But, we are stuck with them for 4 years (hopefully), and not 6 or forever as in Putin's case.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:08 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It is about the reserves, not the current production.

That's not what Exxon said before the US invaded Iraq. The CEO bitched about the diminishing level of oil and gas reserves that were owned by the US oil industry. Most reserves were either owned by foreign governments or in areas in chaos due to violence. One of the first things the US government did in Iraq was to force them to enter into production-sharing contracts where the oil companies would own a share of future output. The oil companies would benefit from future price increases.
But this isn't true at all. Since you are taking Putin's side here it matters that you are peddling falsehoods to support him.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
But this isn't true at all. Since you are taking Putin's side here it matters that you are peddling falsehoods to support him.
Not taking sides, just finding that the accusing side's stories have factual errors and logic problems.

It takes a long time to bring new oil fields into production. It took nearly a decade before fracking became a factor after they passed the law exempting frackers from EPA regulations.

I could dig out the reference from 2003, but here's one from 2013 that summarizes why they went into Iraq. Once the US established the interim government, they pushed to change the laws governing taxes, labor, and the environment to favor the oil companies in the infamous 100 rule decree by Paul Bremer.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/03/19/opini...asz/index.html

Old 03-19-2018, 12:52 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Surprise!
2014 Gini Index World Map

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...svg?uselang=ru

US and Russia have more in common than you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe