Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2018, 08:27 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,860,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
It's not for faith, it creates a background, a kind of hidden advertisement.
That's because I'm right. Putin stealing 20% of Russia's wealth for his mafia keeps Russia from actually becoming a great power to compete with us. Putin compensates for this at home by making Russia appear to be great and that works for us too, except when it leads to cheating at sports, invading neighbors and bombing hospitals in the Middle East. So its good and bad that he's Russia's leader for life.

On the other hand a prosperous Russia with rule of law instead of rule of loyalty would be a good thing for the world but maybe bad for the USA due to competition. There is no competition now with a country between Spain and Italy's economic output and 140 million (but declining) citizenry to feed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 05:25 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I used to like this song of his ( he is a good poet, so I feel sorry that he has been killed,) but I just don't like monarchists too much. I am not a big fan of Russian monarchy tbh.
You've got own tsar/monarch for 18 years. His name is Volodymyr RusPutin

Old 03-18-2018, 11:43 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
That's because I'm right. Putin stealing 20% of Russia's wealth for his mafia keeps Russia from actually becoming a great power to compete with us. Putin compensates for this at home by making Russia appear to be great and that works for us too, except when it leads to cheating at sports, invading neighbors and bombing hospitals in the Middle East. So its good and bad that he's Russia's leader for life.

On the other hand a prosperous Russia with rule of law instead of rule of loyalty would be a good thing for the world but maybe bad for the USA due to competition. There is no competition now with a country between Spain and Italy's economic output and 140 million (but declining) citizenry to feed.
The alternative is what you're shilling for, external oligarchs taking control of Russia's resources. They take controlling ownership stakes in the resources, give contracts to US/UK/Chinese/Japanese construction firms and suppliers, hire foreign laborers, pay off local politicians, and build their own cities for their own foreign workers. That is globalization or neocolonialism in a nutshell. But first, there has to be a collapse in the currency or the commodity to steal the resources. The difference between Russia and other targeted states would be that they have no need for US military assistance which is often used to run up the debt in these colonies and make them subservient to the IMF and the US.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:51 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Suspicious that UK TV drama this winter featured a plot where a Russian used Novichok to poison British scientist

https://twitter.com/ShoebridgeC/stat...75359957880833

Old 03-18-2018, 11:54 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Ariete is saying they used to prefer Mexico City. I don't know how much is true, but some did go there into exile. London isn't so much exile as it is a safe place to run with cash and laws to protect you. What it isn't safe from is assassins apparently. Neither was Mexico City for Trotsky
Ariete was just saying "hi" me thinks.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
You've got own tsar/monarch for 18 years. His name is Volodymyr RusPutin

Just talked to my mother and received the latest scoop on events.
She is an avid supporter of the mentioned above monarch.
Don't ask.

Last edited by erasure; 03-18-2018 at 12:05 PM..

Old 03-18-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The alternative is what you're shilling for, external oligarchs taking control of Russia's resources. They take controlling ownership stakes in the resources, give contracts to US/UK/Chinese/Japanese construction firms and suppliers, hire foreign laborers, pay off local politicians, and build their own cities for their own foreign workers. That is globalization or neocolonialism in a nutshell. But first, there has to be a collapse in the currency or the commodity to steal the resources. The difference between Russia and other targeted states would be that they have no need for US military assistance which is often used to run up the debt in these colonies and make them subservient to the IMF and the US.
Thank you Ichoro - this saved me a lot of time and effort.
Some people are in denial that in modern world the hostile takeover is not always done with the help of guns and tanks, but with the help of money.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:33 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Congratulations to Russia for Putin's reelection, keeping the nutcase communists and nationalist out of power.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:34 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Now this particular Visotsky's song you've posted was not satire, but HUMOR ( Visotsky overall was not satirical, he was humorous.) Although, I imagine some zealous Semites could identify his song as a "libel" as well)))
It was me.

Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be humorous, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit to draw attention to both particular and wider issues in society.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire
Russain wiki:
"Сати́ра (лат. satira) — резкое проявление комического в искусстве, представляющее собой поэтическое унизительное обличение явлений при помощи различных комических средств: сарказма, иронии, гиперболы, гротеска, аллегории, пародии и др."

I think this Visotsky's song was satira. ))

Old 03-18-2018, 12:37 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Ariete is saying they used to prefer Mexico City. I don't know how much is true, but some did go there into exile. London isn't so much exile as it is a safe place to run with cash and laws to protect you. What it isn't safe from is assassins apparently. Neither was Mexico City for Trotsky
It WAS a safe place. Obviously, Putin did not order to kill Skripal. Then who? Special services of Britain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe