Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2022, 01:44 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Most immigrants - from any nation, don't engage in violence with their host country and ask to have a large portion given over to their mother country. But that's what the Russians are doing. And yes, it IS a plan, it's part of Russification - a centuries long struggle by Russia to take over its neighbors and erase their own ethnic identity and replace it with a feeling of being Russian. If the people can be made to believe they *are* Russian and to forget about their own national identity, history, culture, then they will passively accept being ruled by Russia.

Russification

https://www.britannica.com/place/Rus...cies#ref422035

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...y9q/revision/7

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russification

We have the opposite problem in my country with Makedonia now called "north macedonia" but I don't want them. In other words: In the 19th century, largely thanks to the British Empire who got paranoid that Russia will have "big influence" on the balkans, Makedonia got split and made into separate nation. These days they are so brainwashed they think they are successors to Alexander the Makedon.

Do I blame them? No, if they want to be independent so what...in a similar fashion even if those Russians in the eastern ukr. are brainwashed Ukrainians - it's what they want, and it's not hurting anyone if they are independent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 01:48 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
You are comparing Ukraine's democratically elected regime to Mexican drug cartels?

They are Mexicans. Mexico must choose its own destiny, right? You are avoiding the answer because you understand that I am right. But it's more pleasant for you to write about crazy dictator than to understand the causes of the conflict.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:49 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
You are comparing Ukraine's democratically elected regime to Mexican drug cartels?

Putin, a crazy dictator, has threaten to use nuclear weapons, NATO has not.

Great analogy.

The last time I was watching the Nazi gang raiding poor peasantry and "appropriating" their crop for one of their patrons - for "greater good of the Ukrainian nation" of course, what else, I couldn't quite figure out what it reminded me of.

Mexican drug cartels is a good comparison.

And in Mexico they democratically "elect the presidents" too, you know)))

Old 02-27-2022, 01:55 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
They are Mexicans. Mexico must choose its own destiny, right? You are avoiding the answer because you understand that I am right. But it's more pleasant for you to write about crazy dictator than to understand the causes of the conflict.
Threatening people is not the way you deal with causes of conflict.

FWIW, I used to feel Ukraine should never be part of NATO, for reasons I assume have been mentioned somewhere in this thread. It was a pipe dream of Ukraine's. There did need to be a buffer state. But now that Putin has shown he is devoid of rational thought, I think Ukraine should be allowed to join NATO if it wants to.

It is Putin's actions that have turned Russia into a pariah state.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:59 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nifxKIhFSuw

Old 02-27-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Threatening people is not the way you deal with causes of conflict.

FWIW, I used to feel Ukraine should never be part of NATO, for reasons I assume have been mentioned somewhere in this thread. It was a pipe dream of Ukraine's. There did need to be a buffer state. But now that Putin has shown he is devoid of rational thought, I think Ukraine should be allowed to join NATO if it wants to.

It is Putin's actions that have turned Russia into a pariah state.
Do you wrote the same thing when NATO bombed Yugoslavia? (1999)

When Ukraine launch airstrikes on people who didn't accept the new "democratically elected regime"? (2014-2015)

Maybe I'm wrong, but you only see what you want to see.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:15 PM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
Quote:
Putin said that Russia has security problems in Ukraine, he turned to NATO let's agree on the status of Ukraine and the withdrawal of NATO weapons from Russia's borders. NATO replied that the alliance itself would decide what to do and whom to accept as its members, and that they were not interested in the opinion of one of the largest nuclear powers. Who are psychopaths and morons here?

I understand, and agree; Russia needs a buffer zone.
Every country desires this, and the same reason China wants Taiwan.
Perhaps you should ask yourself why those NATO weapons were placed there to begin with.
Do you really think NATO or Ukraine had any intention of invading your country?.
I think not, those were placed for defensive purposes.
And judging by recent events, rightly so.
Perhaps this is what Putin really wants:
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blog...eed-the-world/
http://wdc.org.ua/atlas/en/4040100.html

Old 02-27-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I understand, and agree; Russia needs a buffer zone.
Every country desires this, and the same reason China wants Taiwan.
Perhaps you should ask yourself why those NATO weapons were placed there to begin with.
Do you really think NATO or Ukraine had any intention of invading your country?.
I think not, those were placed for defensive purposes.
And judging by recent events, rightly so.
Perhaps this is what Putin really wants:
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blog...eed-the-world/

For defensive from whom? Until your future president took the chair of the president of Ukraine in 2014, relations between Russia and Ukraine were good and there was no question of any military conflict. Russia rented military bases in Ukraine without any problems.

https://dosie.su/wp-content/uploads/...bb878448b.jpeg

Old 02-27-2022, 02:25 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
Quote:
Do you wrote the same thing when NATO bombed Yugoslavia? (1999)

When Ukraine launch airstrikes on people who didn't accept the new "democratically elected regime"? (2014-2015)

Maybe I'm wrong, but you only see what you want to see.

In the interests of my time, and keeping my posts on track instead of all over the place, I am purposefully limiting my comments to the Ukraine situation as it is now.

Right now, Russia initiated an invasion of an independent democratic state. That's why the world is against Russia. Get rid of Putin. Rise up against Putin. You will find out what sort of man he is.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
In the interests of my time, and keeping my posts on track instead of all over the place, I am purposefully limiting my comments to the Ukraine situation as it is now.

Right now, Russia initiated an invasion of an independent democratic state. That's why the world is against Russia. Get rid of Putin. Rise up against Putin. You will find out what sort of man he is.

I think not in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe