Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 08:38 AM

536 posts, read 323,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
http://www.rzd.ru/
Go to the website ,where you can select points and dates and to buy tickets.Everything usually.Only the train ride is quite boring,an endless strip of trees and all. Maybe you want not just to travel and visit cities and other things?
Yeah , cities are nice but I am actually interested in wild Russia . You know syberia , taiga , how people live there . But are there no stops during travel ? I got this idea from a guy , who basically without money ( I am not that brave ) went by hitch-hiking from Wroclaw to Kolyma . He basically got to know whole Russia .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikJac View Post
Excluding the cost of a ticket to Russia, the cost of a train ticket from Moscow to Vladivostok in usual train

3rd class (awful place) 135$

2nd class (for four passenger) 378$

1st class (for one ot two) 829$

Travel by train allows you to feel how big Russia is .

And there is a special train "Imperial Russia" price from 15895 $ to 33995 $ for one person.

Imperial class is what I like : )

Old 11-16-2017, 09:33 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
My ears...))))
Russian music is better.

Razvasvasvasvas rasvasvas kvass brasvasvasvasvaz khart bass kolbaser.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:21 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
Yeah , cities are nice but I am actually interested in wild Russia . You know syberia , taiga , how people live there . But are there no stops during travel ? I got this idea from a guy , who basically without money ( I am not that brave ) went by hitch-hiking from Wroclaw to Kolyma . He basically got to know whole Russia .
You are quite ambitious. You do understand that in some places in Siberia if you go 10 miles in a straight line from the city center you will be on the menu of the local wildlife? Just joking.

I would like to take a long walk south and west of Moscow. Belgorod, Kursk, Smolensk and Tver areas. Just walk from city to city on the back roads.

As for Russian trains they sure are dependable but on some accomadations can be sparse. 3rd class can be bad. Second is usually quite nice and 1st was never in my budget. The Imperial train is not something I would ever spring for. I'll stick with the fellow proles.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You are quite ambitious. You do understand that in some places in Siberia if you go 10 miles in a straight line from the city center you will be on the menu of the local wildlife? Just joking.

I would like to take a long walk south and west of Moscow. Belgorod, Kursk, Smolensk and Tver areas. Just walk from city to city on the back roads.

As for Russian trains they sure are dependable but on some accomadations can be sparse. 3rd class can be bad. Second is usually quite nice and 1st was never in my budget. The Imperial train is not something I would ever spring for. I'll stick with the fellow proles.
The guy who hitch-hiked to the Kolyma , often slept in forrest , I was suprised , you know , all of those bears , I would be kind of scared . But russians turned out to be very hospitable people , and let him to quite often sleep in their houses . Once he gets picked up by some men , who are coming back from work . The man enters first to his house , his wife asks him , where the hell have you been for so long ? He says we picked up some lost pole on the way to home , and she obviously does not believe him and says , you won't be drinking any more today .

Yeah , I was just joking with that imperial train , too de luxe for me .

Old 11-16-2017, 12:16 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,852,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
Of course there are stops. That's how you get food, except for the occasional guy walking by with snacks. If you want to meet interesting people, get a bed in 2nd class and you will receive roommates. 1st class isn't that much better, other than less crowded and the bathrooms are actually cleaned regularly. I haven't done the trans-Siberian but someday will. You should plan on a few overnights in cities along the way to get the full experience. I would not advise going in the peak heat of summer.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Of course there are stops. That's how you get food, except for the occasional guy walking by with snacks. If you want to meet interesting people, get a bed in 2nd class and you will receive roommates. 1st class isn't that much better, other than less crowded and the bathrooms are actually cleaned regularly. I haven't done the trans-Siberian but someday will. You should plan on a few overnights in cities along the way to get the full experience. I would not advise going in the peak heat of summer.
Thanks for advices . You think that it is possible to get by using only english and some basic russian phrases ? Do many young russians speak good english ? I don't even ask if older people speak english especially in Syberia because it seems fairly obvious that they do not , but do young russians in cities speak good english ?

Old 11-16-2017, 01:39 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
http://www.rzd.ru/
Go to the website ,where you can select points and dates and to buy tickets.Everything usually.Only the train ride is quite boring,an endless strip of trees and all. Maybe you want not just to travel and visit cities and other things?
The trip is not necessarily boring, if you make friends on the train. Of course, it helps to know Russian to do this, but my niece took the train without knowing Russian, and met a very nice couple with whom she shared a train car, and somehow managed to communicate, and had a wonderful time. Never underestimate Russian hospitality!

WestPreussen, if you make the trip, be sure to stop to see Lake Baikal. Most people see it from the Irkutsk side, but Ulan Ude, a major train stop on the other side of the lake, is a fascinating and pleasant city, IMO. From there, you'd have to make arrangements for someone to take you to the lake. Probably best arranged in advance.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:38 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,185 times
Hey fellas, is Putin khuilo? What you think of?

Old 11-16-2017, 03:41 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikJac View Post
Excluding the cost of a ticket to Russia, the cost of a train ticket from Moscow to Vladivostok in usual train

3rd class (awful place) 135$

2nd class (for four passenger) 378$

1st class (for one ot two) 829$

Travel by train allows you to feel how big Russia is .

And there is a special train "Imperial Russia" price from 15895 $ to 33995 $ for one person.

Jet to Ankara about 80 usd.
Ill never see Vladivostok but I want not
Its a pity!!!)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe