Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2018, 07:23 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times

Advertisements

In other interesting news..

From what I understand, the clock is ticking for the list of companies/individuals that got on Trump sanctions list for Russia. In February ( I believe,) before the elections in Russia, the sanctions should be announced, which, (according to "Guardian" here) because of the depth and scope of it, ultimately targets the destabilization of Putin's regime.

"The bill is emphatically called The Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions bill. Deep inside it, section 241 is the closest thing to a bombshell for Putin’s pyramidal power structure. Indeed, it stipulates that by February 2018, the US administration must submit a detailed report to Congress containing “the identification of the most significant oligarchs” in Russia, their relationship to Putin, evidence of any corruption, estimated net worth and sources of income. Anyone fitting the criteria could be subjected to personal sanctions, such as asset freezes and travel bans.

Not only would Russia’s wealthiest come under unprecedented American scrutiny but the same would happen to their family members, and anyone doing business with them in the west. As such, the scope of the bill goes much further than anything undertaken to date against members of Putin’s entourage. As sanctions go, and depending on the bill’s implementation, this has the potential to destabilise the regime, not just create unpleasantness for a few Putin insiders."

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...vladimir-putin

Judging by the amount of Russian crooks who buy European citizenship now in droves ( via Malta) for about 1 million Euros a piece, they take it seriously.

Russian nationals dominate list of global rich who are now

My ONLY question, is that with "destabilization of Putin's regime" the only other power that will claim the "throne" in Russia are the Communists joined by PDS NPCR ( National-Patriotic forces.)

Is this the kind of regime change in Russia that Washington was planning I wonder?

Last edited by erasure; 01-11-2018 at 07:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 10:19 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,921,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
By now we know. And?

Right - data is data, you can't make it "racist," but racist people can use it the way they like.

They haven't, because when it comes to Africans, the "successful part" of this "ethnic group" arrives already with worthy education and practice somewhere in Europe.

And for a good reason. A lot of dirty deals are made behind their backs, so they often DO end up as victims of their own government.

It's the other way around actually, no matter what American propaganda would like to make you believe.

They went extinct long time ago. Two cultures were simply incompatible. Those living now in reservations is a poor excuse, an attempt to make "the newcomers" to feel better about themselves.

Because America was supposed to build a "new nation." American nation, where everyone left the "old ideas" of the Old World, and started everything anew. But did they really?

There is no such option in questionnaires, that specifically ask about racial group.
ok, well obviously I'm not going to change your mind, but I still think that the general population wants this data collected in the Census, other wise the LGBTQ community wouldn't be advocating for the 2020 census to count gay people.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0cb23e65c6cd9

"The Census Bureau said the report including the proposed addition was released “inadvertently” and had been corrected before it was sent on to Congress, according to a statement obtained by the Blade."

"Meghan Maury, criminal and economic justice project director at the National LGBTQ Task Force, said the move was “yet another step to deny LGBTQ people freedom, justice and equity.”

so if they take of the option to identify as black you would get statements such as "yet another step to deny black people freedom, justice and equity."

However I'm not denying that there are racist people in power, I just don't think that the census is the best example of it, sure it's not perfect, especially when it counts north Africans and middle easterners as white.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:26 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,297,745 times
Quote:

Truth to be told, this "black president" was born of a white mother that was well educated from what I remember, that's why "being on food stamps" didn't mean much in this case.
He was definitely poor and unprivileged....there are endless examples of ordinary black individuals that managed to get a good life despite their humble origins

Quote:
Oh I am aware of the whole "Chris Rock" and the "******s" mantra. And how, according to this mantra, all American Blacks should mysteriously turn into "Blacks with class" somehow.
It doesn't work this way in the real world though. Every ethnic group has its own "intelligentsia" and "simple folks" group, with a layer in-between. Now WHITE America has sorted out its own bottom group and gave it social lifts, to move up anyone who was remotely "movable" twenty-thirty years ago. So with other words WHITE America worked with its own, while Blacks basically remained in the ghetto dumpsters, where everyone ended up - the bright and not so much alike. It would take TOO MUCH MONEY to channel into Black communities, in order to sort them out. No one is going to do that, particularly that the whole educational system, (the secondary schools first of all,) the way they are organized today, are not functional for Blacks.
I do not understand what you are saying here....in today America a black person has a lot of opportunities to get ahead ....if he wants to.....is that simple.

Quote:
You are not looking into details, are you? See, you ALREADY have preconceived notion that the "guy was confrontational."
In fact he wasn't. The only fatal mistake he made, was to inform the officer that stopped him, that he HAD A GUN on him. That officer immediately had a preconceived notion of a "Black man with a gun" who is going to kill him, and started shooting. Honestly, I think that had it been your regular White cop with cooler head, none of this would have happened. Because when you are on duty and someone notifies you in a calm manner that "Sir, I have a gun on me," the cooler head would figure out the next move - i.e. "Do you have a permit to carry?" Which in fact was a case - the person in question DID have a permit. However a coward in police uniform that couldn't control his fear, simply started shooting.
And there you have it - the innocent man is killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...ilando_Castile
Thank you for the link and I took the opportunity to document myself about the case....the cop acted with unbelievable deadly incompetence and he got away with it too easily....still I dispute the racist motivation.

It seems that Castile was stopped because of suspicion he may have been involved in a robbery that just happened (there is a mention about "nose similarities" with one of the suspects).
Castile did the right thing informing the officer that he had a gun but, IMHO, he should have handled the encounter much better. I'm a CCW holder myself and if I get stopped by the police, I would try to pull out my driving license and insurance card before the cop approaches my car, he would find me with my hands clearly on the steering wheel and I would say "Mr officer I'm a CCW and I'm carrying a handgun on my left hip, left pocket or whatever, how do you want me to proceed??" Always make sure the officer can see your hands and not making a move if I'm not instructed to do so.

Smelling marijuana in the car made that cop paranoia even worse.

Again, that police officer should have not been on the streets in the first place and he got away with murder way too easily. It is outrageous and shocking....but hardly racist.

You are THAT sure?

Look at the case above, and think twice.[/quote]

Old 01-11-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't.

Truth to be told, this "black president" was born of a white mother that was well educated from what I remember, that's why "being on food stamps" didn't mean much in this case.

Oh I am aware of the whole "Chris Rock" and the "******s" mantra. And how, according to this mantra, all American Blacks should mysteriously turn into "Blacks with class" somehow.
It doesn't work this way in the real world though. Every ethnic group has its own "intelligentsia" and "simple folks" group, with a layer in-between. Now WHITE America has sorted out its own bottom group and gave it social lifts, to move up anyone who was remotely "movable" twenty-thirty years ago. So with other words WHITE America worked with its own, while Blacks basically remained in the ghetto dumpsters, where everyone ended up - the bright and not so much alike. It would take TOO MUCH MONEY to channel into Black communities, in order to sort them out. No one is going to do that, particularly that the whole educational system, (the secondary schools first of all,) the way they are organized today, are not functional for Blacks.

You are not looking into details, are you? See, you ALREADY have preconceived notion that the "guy was confrontational."
In fact he wasn't. The only fatal mistake he made, was to inform the officer that stopped him, that he HAD A GUN on him. That officer immediately had a preconceived notion of a "Black man with a gun" who is going to kill him, and started shooting. Honestly, I think that had it been your regular White cop with cooler head, none of this would have happened. Because when you are on duty and someone notifies you in a calm manner that "Sir, I have a gun on me," the cooler head would figure out the next move - i.e. "Do you have a permit to carry?" Which in fact was a case - the person in question DID have a permit. However a coward in police uniform that couldn't control his fear, simply started shooting.
And there you have it - the innocent man is killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...ilando_Castile

You are THAT sure?

Look at the case above, and think twice.
sure white America is doing much better then black America, but there are white people that live in poor conditions, that are stigmatized as well, such as rednecks, hillbillies, crackers, hobos, etc.. these are all people that are looked down upon that nobody really cares about.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:53 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,297,745 times
Quote:
In other interesting news..

From what I understand, the clock is ticking for the list of companies/individuals that got on Trump sanctions list for Russia. In February ( I believe,) before the elections in Russia, the sanctions should be announced, which, (according to "Guardian" here) because of the depth and scope of it, ultimately targets the destabilization of Putin's regime.

"The bill is emphatically called The Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions bill. Deep inside it, section 241 is the closest thing to a bombshell for Putin’s pyramidal power structure. Indeed, it stipulates that by February 2018, the US administration must submit a detailed report to Congress containing “the identification of the most significant oligarchs” in Russia, their relationship to Putin, evidence of any corruption, estimated net worth and sources of income. Anyone fitting the criteria could be subjected to personal sanctions, such as asset freezes and travel bans.

Not only would Russia’s wealthiest come under unprecedented American scrutiny but the same would happen to their family members, and anyone doing business with them in the west. As such, the scope of the bill goes much further than anything undertaken to date against members of Putin’s entourage. As sanctions go, and depending on the bill’s implementation, this has the potential to destabilise the regime, not just create unpleasantness for a few Putin insiders."

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...vladimir-putin

Judging by the amount of Russian crooks who buy European citizenship now in droves ( via Malta) for about 1 million Euros a piece, they take it seriously.

Russian nationals dominate list of global rich who are now

My ONLY question, is that with "destabilization of Putin's regime" the only other power that will claim the "throne" in Russia are the Communists joined by PDS NPCR ( National-Patriotic forces.)

Is this the kind of regime change in Russia that Washington was planning I wonder?

Russia should consider further sanctions an act of war and act accordingly.

Asset seizures abroad?? Russia should respond with naval blockades and ti for tat vessel/asset seizures.

For example, the UK freezes some Russian assets?? The Russian navy should seize a UK vessel in response.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:02 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
In the States the weather is bad?Cold? What do you know about the cold weather?

Right now !

Old 01-12-2018, 12:23 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
OK Russian hacker, but can you find the "race" topic in your "20 seconds"?

( Because it's definitely there..)
? I can not find.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
In the States the weather is bad?Cold? What do you know about the cold weather?

Right now !
and it's -7C in Moscow, -4C in St. Petersburg and +11C in Sochi, I doubt most Russian's even have experienced the type of cold that exists in Sakha republic.

On January 2nd in Columbus, OH it was -13C daytime and -21C night time. Usually that time of year it's between +2C and -5C.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:26 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
In dogonku on the news ..

Nightmare Washington - America buys Russian gas.
And even at double the price.
Yes, and the one that almost personally shipped Vladimir Putin.
In December last year, he gave a start of loading the first tanker with LNG at the plant "Yamal LNG". At his command the fuel began flowing into the tanks of the ship "Christophe de Margerie", which went to Europe and unloaded in Britain. And replace it in the same British terminal stood empty tanker French company Engie. According to sources, "b", he's refueled just Russian gas "Yamal LNG". And while the fuel was pumped into the tanks, it was resold several times and legally the Russian was no longer. But the fact does not change.
And this time in the United States hit the cold, zabushevalo snow storms, crazy prices for liquefied natural gas, jumped to incredible heights. To that was cheaper at twice the price to buy gas in Europe. At that time, as you read these lines, the French tanker Gaselys with Russian gas, a team on the shipment which gave Vladimir Putin personally, crossing the Atlantic toward Boston.

In the US everything is good...

However piping the gas a little....

And even fewer liquefaction plants.
So to extract the gas, they still can, but to adjust to the liquefaction plant and load in a tanker to Boston already does not work,because there is a queue, there is a power end.
However the question remains - how are they going to overwhelm Europe with its LNG ?

Old 01-12-2018, 12:38 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Orc technology. The work of the great master.

Knife from drill.

https://youtu.be/q2FWeQwGV7I

Knife from rasp.

https://youtu.be/GWCQK-jIFJs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe