Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2018, 10:00 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
No western country attacked Russia or occupied Russia since the 1940s. So, how could the West dominate and destroy Russia and its economy, with its 140 million people?

Is this just some conspiracy theory? Please explain.
No, no "conspiracy theory" - I've left the reference earlier;

https://www.city-data.com/forum/histo...-union-10.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 11:55 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
That's what PutinTV told you?

Dear god, I have already enough of Putinbots on Russian sites to deal with, do I have to deal with them here as well?
Really?
I mean, you only want to hear what you want to hear. Others if have a different point of view, bots and zombies. ))) Clearly.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:47 PM

80 posts, read 36,952 times
Erasure, with all due respect, I think it was a bit rude to call Turist a putinbot just because he has his own opinion.

People from your country always tend to lecture us smth like that (the talk about being on the side of the West):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Become completely democratic, have free and fair elections with an open market economy and become a NATO member.
So, where is all respect and democratic perception of other person's point of view?

Old 07-28-2018, 01:14 PM

80 posts, read 36,952 times
As for the matter, the pension reform is really very painful. On the one hand, it has to be done sooner or later (just look at comparative tables of retirement age of other countries).

On the other, erasure is right about the life expectancy in Russia (i think the numbers are even overstated)

But the main problem there is not that people don't want to work, they're not sure they will be wanted in their working places when they're old.
I've been an HR department for many years, and I know that even in Moscow to be 50+ means that it's very difficult to be successfully/ well-paid employed.

Last edited by VeraLub; 07-28-2018 at 01:24 PM..

Old 07-28-2018, 01:55 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
It was either that or lessen the amount of pension funds available per person. There's just not as much money as their used to be, despite Putin TV telling them Russia is richer than ever now. Nevermind the billions going to Igor Putin recently, that's jail-time at best for any journalist who inquires.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
I mean, you only want to hear what you want to hear. Others if have a different point of view, bots and zombies. ))) Clearly.

I've already listened to your drivel about "two cars per family," (which was easy to disprove,) so why should I keep on listening to "others point of view," peddled by PutinTV?

Old 07-28-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraLub View Post
Erasure, with all due respect, I think it was a bit rude to call Turist a putinbot just because he has his own opinion.
His opinions are amazingly in line with official propaganda, so what should I call him?

Quote:
People from your country always tend to lecture us smth like that (the talk about being on the side of the West):
Well I m not one of those people)))

Quote:
So, where is all respect and democratic perception of other person's point of view?
I have no respect for one-party system, since my *democratic perception* is calling it BS.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
It was either that or lessen the amount of pension funds available per person. There's just not as much money as their used to be, despite Putin TV telling them Russia is richer than ever now. Nevermind the billions going to Igor Putin recently, that's jail-time at best for any journalist who inquires.
"Not as much money as there used to be?
Let's see here...let's go over it one more time;

Quote:
"So what about Russia? Add up its two-plus decades of fat export surpluses and it should have socked away investments abroad equal to about 230% of national income—and that’s not including the return earned on the gains on those investments, which should have yielded a heck of a lot more.

Most of that wealth, however, doesn’t turn up in Russia’s official ledgers. As of 2015, its official net foreign assets—the value of what a country owns overseas, minus the value of domestic assets owned by foreigners—totaled a mere 26% of national income, according to the economists’ calculations.

Simple math implies that a share of those accumulated surpluses worth more than 200% of Russia’s current national income has disappeared. Considering the steady annual returns that would likely have been earned on those investment, the economists put the total missing foreign wealth on the order 300% of Russia’s current national income, or more."

https://qz.com/1330955/russias-missing-wealth/
So money are actually available for pension funds.
Only they are somewhere on foreign accounts - that's what it looks like.

And that's why I was amused looking at the sea of red banners in Moscow today ( and other Russian cities, since it's the Communist Party for the most part organizing the protest.) I mean it looks like people have a question or two regarding those *missing funds.*
Another thing I find amusing - if today's protests were organised by America's darling Navalny, American media would have been already broadcasting it from every clothes iron (using Russian expression here.)
But since it's the "Left" that organized them across the country, lo and behold - not a peepsqueak)))

Old 07-28-2018, 03:15 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You missed it, Putin also said that for another five years, you can just stay idle and not notice the problem, and everything will be fine, there are reserves and enough money, but then the problem will be more difficult to solve when it is quite ripe.. Therefore, a solution is sought for the future. Maybe you think you need to react only when everything is done. deadlock, disaster, bankruptcy and so on, you have the right to think so.
It is wrong to delay the solution to the problem until the last, although many politicians do just that, leaving the successor of the ruins and problems, and leave to live in California.
For example, how is Arseniy Yatsenyuk doing ?

P.S.
And another question, even two. What is the retirement age in Ukraine? What about the size of pensions in Ukraine? Although the fact that I am, with the West and in particular with the United States, to be friends is very expensive.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:17 PM

P.S. Oh yeah... Red banners.
I see the first videos are showing up ( here is Zyuganov is making speech himself against the pension reform and reasons behind it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sDmZSZ8QCo&t=55s

But I'm sure there are more videos to come...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe