Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2018, 07:30 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,924,430 times

Advertisements

So I was doing a bit more research, and I still think that Russia needs some kind of pension reform, and that one of the most practical ones would be to increase the pension age. That being said I think that the way this was announced and presented was shameful. Putin should've talked about pension reform during his campaign, and then using the world cup to cover it up makes it that much worse. Also considering the low life expectancy I think they raised the pension age too high, I would've first just increased the female pension age to 60 so it would be equal to that of men. Also one of the biggest issues is the fact that wages in Russia peak at around age 30 and then slowly decline after that, so Russia needs to reeducate the older population with modern skill sets so that they can be competitive with the younger generations. And Russia needs to first increase the life expectancy prior to increasing the pension age, though to be fair this reform won't go into full affect until 2030 so by then life expectancy should increase by a substantial amount. Also what they should've considered is to let people voluntarily postpone their pension, the longer they wait the more they will be paid in the future, for instance in the US for people born after 1960 if a person waits 3 years from 67 to 70 they will get a 25% increase in their pension. Also I'm not sure how the taxes are collected for the pension, but Russia probably needs to get rid of their flat income tax and implement a progressive tax (I hear that the communist party is trying to pass that through?). In a way I hope they implement the pension reform so that the united Russia party stops having over 70% of the seats in the Duma, and so other parties become more prominent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 02:16 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What is it about Russian people that they prefer a single person to be the country's leader for life?

This is rather odd for a European country in this day and age.
Is it? But for example, the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel, how many years in power ?

Well, in principle, when a good Director comes to the company, Directors do not change, Directors are valued in all respects. A kaleidoscope of elections, it's good when controlled people are presidents, but are actually run by completely different people or clans.A lot of different options .

Old 07-30-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

I think Erasure has some good propects. Grudinun is a good guy.

Was that a "good guy"joke? In truth, an ordinary businessman from the 90's, who took part of the property, part sold and leased, part went into business.I think that he does not always manage to become even the mayor of a big city, and the average, too. Not that person, he has other talents, but not politics and not management of something like the city or the country. People will not go after him, my personal opinion.

Old 07-30-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
So I was doing a bit more research, and I still think that Russia needs some kind of pension reform, and that one of the most practical ones would be to increase the pension age. That being said I think that the way this was announced and presented was shameful. Putin should've talked about pension reform during his campaign, and then using the world cup to cover it up makes it that much worse. Also considering the low life expectancy I think they raised the pension age too high, I would've first just increased the female pension age to 60 so it would be equal to that of men. Also one of the biggest issues is the fact that wages in Russia peak at around age 30 and then slowly decline after that, so Russia needs to reeducate the older population with modern skill sets so that they can be competitive with the younger generations. And Russia needs to first increase the life expectancy prior to increasing the pension age, though to be fair this reform won't go into full affect until 2030 so by then life expectancy should increase by a substantial amount. Also what they should've considered is to let people voluntarily postpone their pension, the longer they wait the more they will be paid in the future, for instance in the US for people born after 1960 if a person waits 3 years from 67 to 70 they will get a 25% increase in their pension. Also I'm not sure how the taxes are collected for the pension, but Russia probably needs to get rid of their flat income tax and implement a progressive tax (I hear that the communist party is trying to pass that through?). In a way I hope they implement the pension reform so that the united Russia party stops having over 70% of the seats in the Duma, and so other parties become more prominent.
In the us experience, we are probably not going to do this, because we cannot have such a picture with such figures with impunity.
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

With that kind of money, we'd have enough for everything and a little more for a rainy day. ))

And in General, everything is. And the proposals of the pension reform, I think a big provocation and intentional. But everything will be fine in the end )

Old 07-30-2018, 06:21 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
[/b]
Was that a "good guy"joke? In truth, an ordinary businessman from the 90's, who took part of the property, part sold and leased, part went into business.I think that he does not always manage to become even the mayor of a big city, and the average, too. Not that person, he has other talents, but not politics and not management of something like the city or the country. People will not go after him, my personal opinion.
I'm not going to loose my dog into the fray. I think that in the end Russians will do what they think is best. That includes politicians swinging from lamp posts as an option too.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:24 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
There's a whole slew of articles on the US wooing Russia to counter China which they see as a current economic threat and a future military threat. Whatever you call it, Kissinger's Reverse China Policy or US triangular diplomacy, won't be effective. The US isn't trusted. Two-party rule means the other party can be voted in to reinterpret any agreements made by the previous party in power.
The problem of the changing powers in American politcis is starting to stick in the craws of many of the worlds nations.

You can't trust America to keep its word. Really though, when could someone ever trust America?

Old 07-30-2018, 06:51 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Not really as Terr points out. You also have to try to put yourself in the velinki of the people too. Russians seem to prefer (and tolerate) a different type of leadership that you're used to. Reasons being that STABILITY usually is a result of that. Stability is everything, it's the bedrock of soceties throughout history. Russians have seen and experienced the fruits of instability many times in their history imposed from within and from abroad. Those experiences were not pleasant.

Russians like the security and stability that their politcal system and their military might brings them. They have no interest in changing it for fear of what comes after which will most likely be worse.

Will Putin be in power until he dies? He said just a few months back he does not want to die behind the walls of the Kremlin. He has done enough and IMO he should step down and let someone else take the reins. Whether the people like it or not. They'll build statues of him when he's gone, he's left his mark on the history of Russia and humanity. Russia needs new blood at the top. The question is just who should it be.

I think Erasure has some good propects. Grudinun is a good guy.
Yes he is a very good, decent guy. ( That's why current gov. is trying to do the best to destroy him and his business the last I've heard.)
But Grudinin is coming short when it comes to the world of big politics ( international politics in particular.)
Today's situation in Russia ironically reminds me of what I saw in Wisconsin.
Plenty of people wanted to get rid of that clown... what's his name - Walker? as a governor.
They've even collected enough of signatures to remove him.
However in order to remove him, you needed to elect someone instead, and that's when the incumbents were falling short.
There was no leader in Dem. party apparently capable to win the re-election. And that's the reason this clown still stays in charge of the state.
In a way it's the same story with Russia. The reason Putin is still in power, is because the opposition doesn't have a single leader, capable to unite everyone. Navalny is considered to be an American stooge, Grudinin is short on political experience ( which includes his public approval of Stalin, which was unwise and odd to say the least, since G. has nothing in common with your typical Communists.)
And Udaltsov is not willing to accept the role for a number of reasons.
So there you have it.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:18 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
[/b]
Oh stop your lies pls, stop broadcasting PutinTV here.
The "ordinary business ppl from the 90ies" were making money on the misery of their compatriots, stashing money away in Western banks, some hiring mafia for kill and the rest.
(Putin in this sense was a typical "businessmen" back in the nineties by the way.)

Now Grudinin kept his sovkhoz alive and people that worked for him, thanks to his decency and good brains ( yes, he is a very good, successful businessman - no doubt.)
And of course he couldn't register his company as "sovkhoz" (old soviet definition for a "state farm,") since the new authorities wouldn't let him. (Even though that's basically what his farm still is, since he invests the money back in the farm and its people.)
And of course PutinTV, is now holding it against him - the fact that his "collective farm" is registered as a private company.
How becoming of them, typical of Putin spin doctors)))

And the last but not least - I am yet to see Russian "business people of the 90ies," where the Communists party officials would be staying day and night, as they do at Grudinin's farm, named after Lenin btw.
Needless to say - it's beautiful there, including one of the best schools in Europe, that G. built for his children's workers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGn4NvgoeDk&t=128s

I guess Russian Communists finally fixed their brains somewhat, and don't christen private business "the root of all evil" sorta.
If they would have fixed their brains much earlier, may be they'd be still in charge of the country until now - who knows.
But "the laws are not written for fools" as Russian proverb has it.
They have no one to blame but themselves.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:55 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Deputy Prime Minister Borisov admitted today that Russia cannot afford the T-14 Armata. The familiar excuse is that the upgraded T-72 is already the best (LOL) so why spend more for the Armata? Much like the cancelling of its 5th gen fighter program, the decline of Russia's military is masked by claims that soviet designed equipment is better for the country's defense.

However, Putin promised today that the navy will not get the same results as the army and air-force as he promised "26 new warships, boats and vessels". Surely this time its not a propaganda stunt engineered for domestic consumption?

Old 07-31-2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh stop your lies pls, stop broadcasting PutinTV here.
The "ordinary business ppl from the 90ies" were making money on the misery of their compatriots, stashing money away in Western banks, some hiring mafia for kill and the rest.
(Putin in this sense was a typical "businessmen" back in the nineties by the way.)

Now Grudinin kept his sovkhoz alive and people that worked for him, thanks to his decency and good brains ( yes, he is a very good, successful businessman - no doubt.)
And of course he couldn't register his company as "sovkhoz" (old soviet definition for a "state farm,") since the new authorities wouldn't let him. (Even though that's basically what his farm still is, since he invests the money back in the farm and its people.)
And of course PutinTV, is now holding it against him - the fact that his "collective farm" is registered as a private company.
How becoming of them, typical of Putin spin doctors)))

And the last but not least - I am yet to see Russian "business people of the 90ies," where the Communists party officials would be staying day and night, as they do at Grudinin's farm, named after Lenin btw.
Needless to say - it's beautiful there, including one of the best schools in Europe, that G. built for his children's workers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGn4NvgoeDk&t=128s

I guess Russian Communists finally fixed their brains somewhat, and don't christen private business "the root of all evil" sorta.
If they would have fixed their brains much earlier, may be they'd be still in charge of the country until now - who knows.
But "the laws are not written for fools" as Russian proverb has it.
They have no one to blame but themselves.
Of course, I don't understand, I'm a victim of putintv and so on. But the opinion of Grudinina I left, the Grudinina speech ,manner of communication and so on.I'm not saying he's a negative hero, and prison is crying over him. But, look, where his open company state Farm of Lenin is and ask, how many shopping centers lease the earth there. Getting such income from the lease, you can be a " Strong business Executive" )))

Communists, just use the sign and nostalgia of the older generations.There is nothing Communist except the characters.Imitation.For me, they died as a worthy party for several reasons. The first time they screwed up and sold the USSR in the ' 90s, well, that's the past. But the second time, at some rally in Moscow, they came out in one column with the neo-Nazis, it's just *********in the EU, Communists are in the same column with neo-Nazis and other consumers. And who are they after that? And they have their own radio station, half of the air is filled with near-medical advertising, all charlatans and miraculously everything is treated, just that you only buy "for little money" for such a wonderful product that will cure everyone.The main thing to have time for 20 minutes, while there is a discount and the price is reduced from space to fabulous. It is clear that they have an audience, those who are over 60 years old. But it's just disgusting and finally just plain mean. Although what is there is some kind of meanness, when you can make good money )))

PS But it's all Putin-TV, it's not me)))) no )) only the opposition says the truth, even if blatantly lying )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe