Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2018, 01:05 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Au contraire my dear, I go there quite often. If anything, the current environment of denigrating your opposition by labeling them as either left or right has convinced me that those terms mean very little nowadays.
I beg you different.

Quote:
It was a joke, haha.

But, I do think they complement the skyline quite nicely.

I totally hate them for Moscow.

Keep these monstrosities in the "New World" pls.

P.S. Brits can have them too, if they feel left out)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 01:06 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Message corrected. It is very difficult to get something right from an interpreter. The post that is on forums, trolls, very much distort a picture . You would think that 90% of the population of the country almost revolts, but in fact, if the left organize some event, a rally or something else, then out of the 400,000 population of the city, the event comes 200 people in total , half of the freaks who came and local crazy. (this is from personal observation)
Not too many people want to be beaten up by police and sent to jail.
I can't say I blame them.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:31 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Not too many people want to be beaten up by police and sent to jail.
I can't say I blame them.
What do you mean? We do not have France (here's just a bike race was shown). What beatings and prisons? Everything is civil.

https://youtu.be/2trHNUFzIy8

Here, this month in my city. Pay attention to water cannons, police in armor, clouds of tear gas, and fiercely defending brave protesters. )

Old 07-25-2018, 07:01 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The American left (Democrats) used to love Russia all the way until Donald Trump got elected President in 2016. Now, the left blames Russian meddling in U.S. elections for Hillary Clinton's loss and they say Trump is Putin's puppet.

What a complicated world this is.
You might think that they tailor their message to the level of the audience, rather than what they really believe. The political establishment has the confidence that their messages will be repeated by the media and the many in the public. They can say anything they want to their faction. Just look at the crap on this site. You've got idiots claiming the Russian government sent Islamic terrorists to get rid of Assad and commit genocide. Lies are easily repeated.

You have to be able to evaluate the news and information at a deeper level, which few on this site are capable. The more you see things only from your own political perspective, the more things tend to get treated as sports. You see a lot of homerism and baiting on the 'news' and 'politics' sub-forums and in this thread with people spouting what they know are outright lies and then claiming to be involved in intellectual discourse.

In the end, the hardline on foreign policy was the main platform on which the Democrats chose to run their campaign before the Republicans even had an established leader in the polls. That's because their chosen candidate used the State Department as the platform to make a push for the presidency and because the Clintons are known for using triangulation to seek an edge in political races.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I'm not certain just how much more American and Canadian LNG is going to cost the EU but this guy is right. It's going to be at least 15% more.

TASS: Business & Economy - Europe to pay 30% more for US LNG, Russia

There was a statement from someone in Germany reiterating that Nordstream 2 is going forward and no one is going to stop it.A good move.
Gazprom prices their product to maintain market share. The cost for natural gas is much lower from both sources. The difference is mainly in the high cost of shipping LNG which varies with the cost of crude oil and tanker leases. LNG gets an even much higher price in Asia as a result of the costs.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:56 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Gazprom prices their product to maintain market share. The cost for natural gas is much lower from both sources. The difference is mainly in the high cost of shipping LNG which varies with the cost of crude oil and tanker leases. LNG gets an even much higher price in Asia as a result of the costs.
Its not exactly free to pipe gas to Germany from Nakhodka...

Interesting fact, just 5 years ago the US was a net importer of LNG.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Its not exactly free to pipe gas to Germany from Nakhodka...

Interesting fact, just 5 years ago the US was a net importer of LNG.
Those costs, such as liquefaction facilities, pipelines, and terminal storage, are capitalized over 20 years. The cost of transport are far more stable for pipelined natural gas than it is for LNG where crude and tanker lease rates are on the low end of the last ten years. It is more likely those costs will rise.

The second information is totally irrelevant. The more important factor is the move away from coal and the decline in gas production in Europe which relies on Norway and Russia for most of its gas.

The point of the previous post is that price is not the same as cost.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:02 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Maxim, they portray corruption here as some plump little lady ( not a big deal kinda..)
But did you read the figures I've posted earlier?

"So what about Russia? Add up its two-plus decades of fat export surpluses and it should have socked away investments abroad equal to about 230% of national income—and that’s not including the return earned on the gains on those investments, which should have yielded a heck of a lot more.

Most of that wealth, however, doesn’t turn up in Russia’s official ledgers. As of 2015, its official net foreign assets—the value of what a country owns overseas, minus the value of domestic assets owned by foreigners—totaled a mere 26% of national income, according to the economists’ calculations.

Simple math implies that a share of those accumulated surpluses worth more than 200% of Russia’s current national income has disappeared. Considering the steady annual returns that would likely have been earned on those investment, the economists put the total missing foreign wealth on the order 300% of Russia’s current national income, or more."

https://qz.com/1330955/russias-missing-wealth/

So corruption in Russia shouldn't be laughingly portrayed as some little plump lady, ( this gives a wrong impression,) but as one humongous elephant instead.
Yes, of course, corruption is a problem. But this system is stable. This system stopped the civil war and disintegration of the country, increased the territory, stabilized the demographic situation. A fight against corruption is not a matter of months or years. It's a matter of decades.

I think that Putin is unlikely to be able to fight corruption. But it's not his fault, he's product of this system. Blame those who admitted destruction of the Red Machine in the late 80's and early 90's. They gave birth to this situation. It will take many decades to correct it.

Breaking is very easy. It's hard to build.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:19 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
My god. Corruption is a problem everywhere. I look at Seattles Port. Some exec was just let go (fired) and given a half million dollars in taxpayer money to keep his mouth shut. The POS is SILENT when people try to find out what this was all about. That's Seattle taxpayers money being used to pay off somebody for some reason.

I can list many others.

Corruption is everywhere. I know how i'd stop it, Stalin had a purge. I would too.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:19 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Erasure. Any more information you have on the subject of Russias missing wealth would be appreciated. I really want to look into it,

https://qz.com/1330955/russias-missing-wealth/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe