Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2016, 01:41 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
I think it's the other way around. Russians unfortunately stupid enough to indulge in buying US goods, like iphones, movies etc.

Unlike Americans Russians know from first hand what war is, so they don't want this to happen to them again.
Americans on the other hand are so "brave" to drop bombs on nations which pose no threat to them, because they never experienced war on their own territory. Russia needs to teach them a lesson.
I think Al Qaeda already did, a few years ago. You can relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 01:42 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I highly doubt that the "Trump" will make much progress on relations with Russia when he finds out just how badly Americans need Russia as an enemy.
P.S. Today I saw this -

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7c&oe=58CDDE6E

which to me represents more realistically the political situation in the US. And that means - we are up for a big upheaval.
Although Trump's arrival bought a temporary relief on international scene, I am afraid it's not for long. Trump might find that he'll have an enemy on hand yet again more then he really "needs."

Old 11-12-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I think it's the other way around. Russians unfortunately stupid enough to indulge in buying US goods, like iphones, movies etc.

Unlike Americans Russians know from first hand what war is, so they don't want this to happen to them again.
Americans on the other hand are so "brave" to drop bombs on nations which pose no threat to them, because they never experienced war on their own territory. Russia needs to teach them a lesson.
And they are doing it exactly.. why?
That's right, because they have nothing of that kind produced domestically.
And they don't have it exactly why?...?

Old 11-12-2016, 02:16 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
Quote:
Russian isnt able to produce high quality consumer products. It interferes with the socio-political system and a cold climate. They can pump oil with the help of foreign equipment and technology. All scientists and inventors have long escaped to Silicon Valley. Only the designers who draw planes in 3D Max. Then TV presents it as an achievement.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Russian isnt able to produce high quality consumer products. It interferes with the socio-political system and a cold climate. They can pump oil with the help of foreign equipment and technology. All scientists and inventors have long escaped to Silicon Valley. Only the designers who draw planes in 3D Max. Then TV presents it as an achievement.
Alec, this would be you -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zc5SvuNmos

And therefore - кыш))))

Old 11-12-2016, 03:19 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK6FKyu-PvI

Old 11-13-2016, 03:01 AM

750 posts, read 907,935 times
Stairs in post office near Moscow.
Russia cares of people!

Old 11-13-2016, 10:25 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Simple at best Wadym. I can up that easily. Several years ago a quarter mile of off ramp for the Nalley Valley / highway 16 /I-5 elevated interchange in Tacoma Wa had to be destroyed. It was built at the wrong angle. The workers (some with 30 plus years of experience) tried to point out at the beginning that it was wrong. They were ignored outright. 7.3 million was wasted. None of the managers faced any penalty for the monumental screw up and waste to the taxpayers.

You want to go into the homeless situation here in my city alone? Government likes to say they care, it makes them look good but in reality it's just window dressing. The numbers continue to increase. Any one can look this up.

So just how much better is my government than any other?

Old 11-13-2016, 10:28 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Stairs in post office near Moscow.
Russia cares of people!
Only in Soviet Russia. No initiative, no independent thought, no questioning of things. Only vodka.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:38 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
And that means - we are up for a big upheaval.

I won't be holding my breath. Americans have become much too sheep like in nature. Nobody is going to rock the boat and if someone ever got the nerve to upset someone well we all know what would happen then.

Its like you indicated about your mistrust of Putin/Russia when it comes to imperialism (if I interpreted it correctly). You think Russia would behave no better than the US if places were reversed for the 2. Imperial ambitions have proven to be a constant in history when great powers arise.

I have to agree and in same light governments resist change and deal with threats to them harshly.

I doubt much is going to change for Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe