Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 07:39 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
When public opinion turns against Obama as Iraq and Afghanistan go south, the casualties begin to mount, and the government is revealed again as having no strategy in place nor an organized plan for withdrawal, revisiting this thread will be painful indeed.

For all of us.
You're right.

I think President Obama should follow Bush's organized withdrawal plan to a "T" since Bush singlehandedly got us into this debacle.

If he can ever figure out what it is, that is. Maybe Obama can find it if he looks under the chairs in the Oval Office where Saddam hid the WMDs.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 10:07 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
When public opinion turns against Obama as Iraq and Afghanistan go south, the casualties begin to mount, and the government is revealed again as having no strategy in place nor an organized plan for withdrawal, revisiting this thread will be painful indeed.

For all of us.
No one except true died-in-the-wool Obama haters like yourself would EVER blame Obama for Iraq in any way, shape or form. Dubya got us into Iraq. Obama will get us out. The country will love him for it...

As far as Afghanistan goes, we should have been focusing our efforts there from day one...

Again, Obama gets the credit for shifting priority from Iraq to Afghanistan.

Sorry - but your deep wish for us to fail will have to wait a long time.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:19 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
No one except true died-in-the-wool Obama haters like yourself would EVER blame Obama for Iraq in any way, shape or form. Dubya got us into Iraq. Obama will get us out. The country will love him for it...

As far as Afghanistan goes, we should have been focusing our efforts there from day one...

Again, Obama gets the credit for shifting priority from Iraq to Afghanistan.

Sorry - but your deep wish for us to fail will have to wait a long time.

HAHA. Brilliant take there champ. The US commanders had planned on moving troops out of Iraq and into Afghanistan over a year ago since the surge was obviously working and operations in Iraq where drawing down. Had McCain won, the exact same thing would have occurred.

Keep swinging on Big O's you know what.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
HAHA. Brilliant take there champ. The US commanders had planned on moving troops out of Iraq and into Afghanistan over a year ago since the surge was obviously working and operations in Iraq where drawing down. Had McCain won, the exact same thing would have occurred.

Keep swinging on Big O's you know what.
As usual, your blind hatred of Obama makes it impossible for you to get your facts straight...

Dubya had no plans to beef up forces in Afghanistan...

And the surge NEVER achieved it's purpose of making a political reconciliation possible -that reconciliation never happened...

I'm really beginning to conclude that some people have true racist hatred towards the man, because they just distort the facts to suit their hateful positions.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:36 PM

380 posts, read 1,058,505 times
I seem to have riled some of the Obama faithful on these boards, perhaps comparing him to Hitler is actually close to the truth, not that he is bad like Hitler, but that so many give him unconditional love/support without examining who is behind him, and the special interests he represents. I am not the ignorant one, I was not a mindless Bush supporter, in fact I did not support Bush, those who never found fault with him are as equally blind as some of you hardcore Obama supporters. Hubble, believe me, I do hope Obama does well, and does rise above the partisan politics that have strangled this nation for several years. Just remember this, extreme liberal policies, just as extreme conservative ones only give rise to more extremes. Only the ignorant fail to know this, and having seen it in my lifetime several times in this country, some of what Obama wishes to do, will help sow the seeds of something far more extreme to the right than poor old Dubya ever did. You liberals could do much with these times, instead you only provide the fertile soil for your political undoing-this is America, the political winds change quickly-your man can only keep giving so many pep talks before America tires of what has really been just a political pep rally since the coronation of King Obama.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
I seem to have riled some of the Obama faithful on these boards, perhaps comparing him to Hitler is actually close to the truth, not that he is bad like Hitler, but that so many give him unconditional love/support without examining who is behind him, and the special interests he represents. I am not the ignorant one, I was not a mindless Bush supporter, in fact I did not support Bush, those who never found fault with him are as equally blind as some of you hardcore Obama supporters. Hubble, believe me, I do hope Obama does well, and does rise above the partisan politics that have strangled this nation for several years. Just remember this, extreme liberal policies, just as extreme conservative ones only give rise to more extremes. Only the ignorant fail to know this, and having seen it in my lifetime several times in this country, some of what Obama wishes to do, will help sow the seeds of something far more extreme to the right than poor old Dubya ever did. You liberals could do much with these times, instead you only provide the fertile soil for your political undoing-this is America, the political winds change quickly-your man can only keep giving so many pep talks before America tires of what has really been just a political pep rally since the coronation of King Obama.
You don't wish him well - you don't fool anyone with your tirade - and comparing him to Hitler just proves it...

Old 03-01-2009, 10:44 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Wasn't "homeland" used by the Nazi's?
Isn't that a Bush word?
The Nazi's also used the word "Change" a lot too, the change they got wasn't what they wanted.

That is the Obama "Coined phrase" too..

So what is your point?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:03 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Polls are only as good as those doing the polling and those polled, both of which skew results.
That must be why they were RIGHT about the 2000 election (and the fact that it was going to be a nail biter), right about the 2004 election (that Bush would win) and right about the 2008 election (that Obama would win - despite the "Bradley Effect" that so many Obamabashers on this board trumpeted endlessly).

Quote:
When the polls start to go against Obama, I am sure you will declare them unvalid then.
No I won't - and I never have. Clearly you don't read my posts much.

Quote:
I do not know anyone that didn't vote for Obama that is now suddenly crazy about his policies and some that did vote for him that already regret it.
Well, I because YOU know some people like that, that must OBVIOUSLY reflect the mood of the country overall.

Tell me dixiegirl7 - what part of the country do you live in? It wouldn't be the South would it? Because THAT would explain a great deal.

Ken

Old 03-02-2009, 07:16 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That must be why they were RIGHT about the 2000 election (and the fact that it was going to be a nail biter), right about the 2004 election (that Bush would win) and right about the 2008 election (that Obama would win - despite the "Bradley Effect" that so many Obamabashers on this board trumpeted endlessly).

No I won't - and I never have. Clearly you don't read my posts much.

Well, I because YOU know some people like that, that must OBVIOUSLY reflect the mood of the country overall.

Tell me dixiegirl7 - what part of the country do you live in? It wouldn't be the South would it? Because THAT would explain a great deal.

Ken

Now that is amazaingly perceptive to think I am from the south. You do realize there are a variety of people in the south, right?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Now that is amazaingly perceptive to think I am from the south. You do realize there are a variety of people in the south, right?
Unfortunately not enough variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections