Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:02 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,822,636 times

Advertisements

Here's a timely article regarding Obama's popularity and the state of the GOP:

For GOP: all pain, no gain (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090305/pl_politico/19636 - broken link)

Quote:
Republicans this week are processing two sobering new polls that found the party’s support reduced to a slim one-quarter of Americans. In the absence of a popular elected leader, its most visible figure is a polarizing radio host. Its strategic powerhouse is a still-divisive former House speaker forced from power 15 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,363,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I never claimed any such thing. You misrepresent a lot of things which means you must be insecure in your positions. There are stereotypes about folks from your part of the country also, but I don't resort to such stupidity because I know that everyone is different, even those that get lumped together in classification....like Republican or Democrat.
Please do not attempt to psychoanalyze anyone on this forum. It is conduct unbecoming a CD member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansculotte View Post
By the way, editing is selective by nature. I tried to be fair. Would you agree with the preponderance of evidence being on my side (at least on this thread)?
No. I have read other posts by these "red" posters you have selected and they have posted some real venom.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:21 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,217,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Please do not attempt to psychoanalyze anyone on this forum. It is conduct unbecoming a CD member.

No. I have read other posts by these "red" posters you have selected and they have posted some real venom.

I wouldn't attempt to psychoanalyze you, dear. As far as venom, I don't think any of my posts could be classified as such, but I sure have seen a lot of venom spewed on here and it wasn't from the conservative side most of the time. The nastiness from the left on this site alone paints a very bad picture.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:35 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,839,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Now that is amazaingly perceptive to think I am from the south. You do realize there are a variety of people in the south, right?
Clicking on your name and seeing your post stats I take it you're from Kentucky. I don't stereotype based on geography unless the poster posts views that are 180 degrees from their geographic reality.

In the case of Kentucky you live in a welfare state.
The Tax Foundation - Federal Taxes Paid vs. Federal Spending Received by State, 1981-2005

Why would you be against people like me who live in the 8th largest economy in world paying more taxes to bailout people who live in states that abuse the system?

For the record I approve of the current administration although I disagree with some of the proposed ideas.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:26 AM

3,105 posts, read 7,403,066 times
The title of the thread state: "Obama has high approval rating - just not on this thread"

Umm, evidently it is slipping in other areas also. Was really surprised to read this on CNBC. They were big Obama supporters during the campaign. It was in an article about Obama's State of the Union address.

Quote:
He is declaring war on investors, entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, and private-equity and venture-capital funds.

Noteworthy up here on Wall Street, a great many Obama supporters — especially hedge-fund types who voted for “change” — are becoming disillusioned with the performances of Obama and Treasury man Geithner.

There is a growing sense of buyer’s remorse. Obama Declares War on Investors, Entrepreneurs, Businesses, And More - Money and Politics Blog - CNBC.com

Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,450,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
The title of the thread state: "Obama has high approval rating - just not on this thread"

Umm, evidently it is slipping in other areas also. Was really surprised to read this on CNBC. They were big Obama supporters during the campaign. It was in an article about Obama's State of the Union address.
I don't think Larry Kudlow was ever an Obama supporter was he?
He's the one who wrote the article.

Ken

Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,245,705 times
OPham in fact has typical ratings for all president in the last decades since Carter that this point in what is called the honeymoon period;62%. That is within two point of very one since Carter except Carter who was at 70% at this point.CNN showed this a few days ago talking about the honeymoon phase.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,514,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Here's a timely article regarding Obama's popularity and the state of the GOP:

For GOP: all pain, no gain (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090305/pl_politico/19636 - broken link)
"... party wise man, Fred Malek, told POLITICO the party now sits at its “nadir” – though he, like others, said its best hope is to wait for the economy to tarnish Obama."

Wow, so that's their "best hope", is it.....!

Old 03-09-2009, 11:30 AM

13 posts, read 15,901 times
Default Katiana

Originally Posted by sansculotte
By the way, editing is selective by nature. I tried to be fair. Would you agree with the preponderance of evidence being on my side (at least on this thread)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Please note, I did use the words "this thread". I've tried to not spread myself too thinly. I honestly can't vouch for the civility of any one group of posters over another group on this whole forum. Perhaps this particular thread differs?

Old 03-09-2009, 06:19 PM

24,518 posts, read 23,258,696 times
56% approval rating for the last 3 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections