Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:14 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,587,118 times

Advertisements

I can't help but laugh a bit when I see all the die-hard Obama haters posting their vitriol on this and the Politics forum - and think of what a contrast those postings are to the general mood of the American public...

Over 60% of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing...

An even larger majority agree that he is trying to fix the problems he inherited and support his Stimulus Package.

Just not too many on this forum, that's all..

It helps put things into perspective when you realize that this forum in no way, shape or form represents the nation's support of Obama and wishes for him to succeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,867,996 times
Neither do the polls! They don't poll everyone.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:29 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,029,984 times
Sooooooo, mrbob, the people you know and in your community are really upbeat and happy right now? Somehow, I doubt it. Folks here where I live are nervous and worried, even though the economy here isn't bad and no one I know has lost a job. NO ONE -- libs or conservatives -- thinks the stimulus is going to help matters and everyone is trying to prepare for the worst.

Obama's poll numbers reflect people giving him the benefit of the doubt since he's so new to office. Everyone's fed up with Congress and if Obama wants to keep American good will, he'd best show that he's willing to stand up to Congress' nonsense and LEAD, not simply allow Pelosi and Reid to dictate.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,777,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Neither do the polls! They don't poll everyone.
Well, the polls sure were accurate during the presidential campaign weren't they?

As much as you want to dismiss scientific polls, they are pretty accurate dear. You and your right-wingnut Obama-hating loons are in a small minority.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,187,344 times
That leaves 40% who do not think so highly of him in those polled which actually means more like 50% in the real world which is half of the country. If anything, this forum is heavily liberal.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,777,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That leaves 40% who do not think so highly of him in those polled which actually means more like 50% in the real world which is half of the country. If anything, this forum is heavily liberal.

No, only 21% disapprove of Obama.

67% Approve
12% Have no opinion
only 21% Disapprove, not 40-50% - and 21% is a very small minority.

Gallup.Com - President Obama's high 67% approval rating.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:53 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,187,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
No, only 21% disapprove of Obama.

67% Approve
12% Have no opinion
only 21% Disapprove, not 40-50% - and 21% is a very small minority.

Gallup.Com - President Obama's high 67% approval rating.

I don't believe that for one minute.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,930,380 times
The Gallup Poll, unlike Fox News, etc, is very well respected b/c it's generally right. I do believe it.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:37 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,302,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The Gallup Poll, unlike Fox News, etc, is very well respected b/c it's generally right. I do believe it.

Since you think that the "majority" of Americans Love Obama and want us to accept that as fact, well the numbers show that Fox is t he #1 channel and the MAJORITY of Americans watch it.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:38 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,722,932 times
It's so funny how, even in the face of evidence, people like the aptly named dixiegrl7 deny Obama's popularity.

Polling is very consistently accurate when compared to actual results. People were convinced everyone was lying to pollsters before the election, and then it turned out to be accurate. The only time it is not is if an event happens between the polling and the voting to sway people.

I can see how people get trapped in that perception. Just being on this forum I start to think the world is turning against Obama. I can imagine that if I lived in a conservative stronghold community I would have the perception that everybody loathes Obama.

Then I walk away and look at the bigger picture and I realize that this forum, for whatever reason, draws a high concentration of vitrolic, angry partisans who just think anybody who disagrees with them is flat out wrong and stupid. I realize most people are actually quite upbeat about Obama and the course of action he's chosen.

I guess people with more moderate views don't tend to feel the need to express them so frequently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections