Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:29 AM

31,698 posts, read 41,163,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup.
It seems that Dixiegirl7 takes that 21%, magically bumps it to 40% and then by her own admission simply chooses to bump it again to 50%.

LOL

The fact is, the polls were right about Obama winning the election (in spite of all those bogus claims that the Bradley Effect were skewing the numbers) and they are right about Obama's popularity. Those folks KNOW their business. Polls are what they DO.

Ken
Nah what does Pollster.Com know about compiling polling data. Why believe them just trust the posters in CD to tell you all you need to know to hate Obama. Just like the election my friend and who won in spite of the assurances they wouldn't by these very same posters?
Pollster.com: National Job Approval: Pres. Barack Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 11:23 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,358,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
Most of the Polls have been conducted by the major media outlets, and one the very far left New York Times was with CBS(this was the latest), so of course, who would these folks interview for poll questions-likely safe audiences sure to give a thumbs up to Obama. I will agree, most Americans are still giving him the benefit of the doubt, and hoping he will do well, but his numbers are dropping and some of his actions have caused this. He is not perfect, he will make mistakes, but if you believe everything you read in polls, especially those conducted by an organization as biased as the New York Times then you can know for yourself, how the Germans were easily mislead by Hitler and his Joseph Goebel's propaganda new apparatus in World War 2. Now, I am not saying Obama is Hitler or anything, only commenting on your gullibility to believing his backers poll results.
Wasn't "homeland" used by the Nazi's?
Isn't that a Bush word?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:39 AM

37,559 posts, read 19,429,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
No pain on my part, I just let time go by a bit and see... His shine is fading.

Obama won the vote based on the majority of those that voted, it was only about 26% of the total population of some 300 million people that are in America that voted for him.

Nope, not everyone is solidly on board... they run from one side of the ship to another causing some unstable results.

Like I said, check back in a few more months.
However, there are only 169 million people in the country registered to vote, and 52% are registered democrats. Only 32% are registered as republicans, 16% "Other".

WikiAnswers - How many registered voters in the 2008 Presidential election

Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 AM

11,581 posts, read 13,991,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I totally disagree - you are wrong... Poll after poll shows that very very clearly....

Most Americans ARE on board with Obama...the polls show that crystal clear.

It's just that those in your little personal circle are not onboard - and you erroneously extrapolate your experience and sentiment to the entire country.

THat's where you are so wrong.
Boo hoo Stop picking on my hero.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,783,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't believe that for one minute.
Wait, you don't agree with it because you're disputing the reputation and accuracy of Gallup or you're not believing it because you don't want to accept that you're part of an obscure minority?

LOL, you were so quick to post Obama's numbers from Gallup when it was 59%, but now you don't believe them anymore. What a joke.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,783,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The polls are wrong just about as often as they are right. The same ones had Bush losing both elections that he won, right up to elelction day. There is no way that out of the 46% of people who did not vote for Obama, now magically half of them think he is swell and doing great. That is not even logical. You should even know better.

Most Americans are normal and middle-of-the road when it comes to politics, don't listen to Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and don't hate or disapprove of Obama simply because they didn't vote for him.

I have a few Republican friends and most of them like Obama and wish for his success.

You are just a moron.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:16 PM

25,850 posts, read 20,790,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
LOL, you were so quick to post Obama's numbers from Gallup when it was 59%, but now you don't believe them anymore. What a joke.
It was the same story during the campaign. When Sen. Obama was up in the polls, the methodology was flawed, the numbers were weighted incorrectly, etc., etc.
The (few) days Sen. McCain was ahead, the same pollsters were infallible, doncha know...

Old 03-01-2009, 05:30 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,407,004 times
When public opinion turns against Obama as Iraq and Afghanistan go south, the casualties begin to mount, and the government is revealed again as having no strategy in place nor an organized plan for withdrawal, revisiting this thread will be painful indeed.

For all of us.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:05 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,206,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
No they didn't - what planet are YOU on?
LOL
Get your facts straight girl before your make a silly statement like that. I don't know, maybe you're a just a kid and too young to remember either of those elections, but there's plenty of historical poll information out there on the web, so look it up before you make a completely incorrect statement such as you just did. It doesn't take a lot of effort you know.

The 2000 election polls were pretty close - as was the election (if you recall) with it coming down to a handful of votes in Florida (and Gore actually WINNING the popular vote).

In 2004 Kerry was doing fine up until August but after that Bush led pretty consistently in almost every poll for a full 2 and half months leading up to election day.
RealClear Politics - Polls

It's called "changing your mind" and "giving the guy a chance" - two things which you are apparently completely unfamiliar with.

Ken

Polls are only as good as those doing the polling and those polled, both of which skew results. If the polls make you feel better about things, so be it. Most of the people I know could care less about them. When the polls start to go against Obama, I am sure you will declare them unvalid then. Funny how it works that way for you and yours. I do not know anyone that didn't vote for Obama that is now suddenly crazy about his policies and some that did vote for him that already regret it.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:08 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,206,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
Most Americans are normal and middle-of-the road when it comes to politics, don't listen to Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and don't hate or disapprove of Obama simply because they didn't vote for him.

I have a few Republican friends and most of them like Obama and wish for his success.

You are just a moron.

I think when one resorts to infatile name calling, that makes them the "moron". I see a lot of that on here with Obama supporters in particular which speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections