Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:25 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
56% approval rating for the last 3 days.
....and sinking like a stone...! We can only hope the country can survive this nut case...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 10:42 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
....and sinking like a stone...! We can only hope the country can survive this nut case...
Hope as much as you want for his (and the country's) failure...

You will end up being very disappointed.

Obama will succeed and will resolve these horrible messes that Bush left for him...

Sorry - the Obama Haters will have to get their sick revenge somewhere else..

Old 03-10-2009, 09:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Here's a timely article regarding Obama's popularity and the state of the GOP:

For GOP: all pain, no gain (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090305/pl_politico/19636 - broken link)
I was a lifelong Republican voter until 2004. Bush's ruinous 1st term woke me up. I voted Liberterian in that election. I voted Democratic in 2008. I very well may vote against the GOP in every election for every office at every level for the remainder of my life.

I'm that put off by their brain-dead, shortsighted mentality and failure to recognize the damage they've caused and their refusal to accept responsibility.

Nowadays, I equate the GOP with pond scum.

America needs to move forward. The GOP is the party of failed, damaging ideas and reckless governance.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:14 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
When Bush failed as a president, I wasn't surprised because I never thought he was very well-intentioned, but I was saddened and disappointed and angry because it was so hurtful to the country. I would have been thrilled if we'd had a peaceful, prosperous 8 years under Bush.

Many posters on here seem to gleefully anticipate Obama's failure. They're willing to sacrifice the good of the country to say "I told you so." I don't get that.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,513 times
Default Obama's honeymoon with Americans still going strong

Most Americans are sane.

Quote:
Obama's job approval rating stands at 61 percent in a new CNN poll of polls, which averaged seven national surveys conducted over the past two weeks.

Quote:
The 61 percent approval rating is also slightly higher than his predecessors' numbers around the same time. President Bush stood at 58 percent around 50 days into his administration. President Clinton was at 53 percent, President George H.W. Bush was at 56 percent and President Reagan was at 60 percent.
Quote:
So far, the vast majority of people don't blame Obama for the recession. And three out of four people questioned in a recent CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll had confidence that the president would make the right economic decisions to help the country escape the recession.
Obama's honeymoon with Americans still going strong - CNN.com

Old 03-10-2009, 07:44 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I can't help but laugh a bit when I see all the die-hard Obama haters posting their vitriol on this and the Politics forum - and think of what a contrast those postings are to the general mood of the American public...

Over 60% of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing...

An even larger majority agree that he is trying to fix the problems he inherited and support his Stimulus Package.

Just not too many on this forum, that's all..

It helps put things into perspective when you realize that this forum in no way, shape or form represents the nation's support of Obama and wishes for him to succeed.

he doesnt have a high approval rating on msnbc either, according to the poll they had running.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:54 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I can't help but laugh a bit when I see all the die-hard Obama haters posting their vitriol on this and the Politics forum - and think of what a contrast those postings are to the general mood of the American public...

Over 60% of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing...

An even larger majority agree that he is trying to fix the problems he inherited and support his Stimulus Package.

Just not too many on this forum, that's all..

It helps put things into perspective when you realize that this forum in no way, shape or form represents the nation's support of Obama and wishes for him to succeed.
At this point in his administration Obama has a lower approval rating than the following did at the same point:
Jimmy Carter
Bush 41
Bush 43

At best his approval rating is average.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Barack is maybe slightly more credible than Biden, and quite a bit smarter than Nancy Pelosi.

I guess all you need to do as a Democrat is to be a little smarter than a stump.

Vote these idiots out.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:25 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,902 times
His approval ratings continue to fall. This is not at all surprising.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:53 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
At this point in his administration Obama has a lower approval rating than the following did at the same point:
Jimmy Carter
Bush 41
Bush 43

At best his approval rating is average.
And Reagan's was even lower than Obama's.

Considering the absolutely horrible state of the economy he inherited, I'd say his approval ratings are pretty darned good.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections