Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2016, 11:22 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times

Advertisements

I really don't think the effort would have mattered all that much in the caucuses. Sure, she might have gotten it closer but it was still going to be 20+ margins.

Wisconsin is another story. I'm glad she's going back again this weekend but I think it may be too little, too late. She should have been working it harder all along. I hope there have also been some last minute ad buys - Bernie's spending money hand over fist and outspending her 6 to 1.

While I still believe the math works against Bernie, she's got to turn the narrative back and a win, even by .1 percent, in Wisconsin would do that.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:13 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I really don't think the effort would have mattered all that much in the caucuses. Sure, she might have gotten it closer but it was still going to be 20+ margins.

Wisconsin is another story. I'm glad she's going back again this weekend but I think it may be too little, too late. She should have been working it harder all along. I hope there have also been some last minute ad buys - Bernie's spending money hand over fist and outspending her 6 to 1.

While I still believe the math works against Bernie, she's got to turn the narrative back and a win, even by .1 percent, in Wisconsin would do that.

Wisconsin I think will be tough for her. She should win Milwaukee fairly comfortably, but Madison will be an absolute blowout. Rest of the state probably a mixed bag, but leans Sanders.

Old 03-31-2016, 02:06 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
The Sanders campaign is going bigger exponentially day by day and maybe Sanders is now repeating Obama's success in late February 2008. Obama won 11 consecutive contests and changed the narrative. sanders will likely win 8 of the last 9 contests after WI and WY.

I think she made a grave mistake for not doing enough in the 5 caucus states that voted last week. If she ran a grassroot campaign just like she did in Iowa and Nevada, she could have gotten it close.
It feels like Hillary's campaign is making bad choices similar to its behavior in 2008. Back then, her campaign foolishly assumed that the race would be over by Super Tuesday, whereas the Obama campaign focused on some of the smaller states (which the Hillary campaign ignored).

Old 03-31-2016, 04:20 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
Super Tuesday in 2008 was a lot larger and Obama won Super Tuesday by like 10 delegates.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:22 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
New polls

National (Pew Research) : Clinton +6
National (YouGov/Economist) : Clinton +13
National (Ipsos/Reuters) : Clinton +3
Wisconsin (FOX Business) : Sanders +5

Old 03-31-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

She is now spending 1 million in ads in Wisconsin whereas Sanders spends about 2 million
It doesn't matter whether it's early or late, she doesn't need more recognition, she just needs to turnout her base...

Old 04-01-2016, 11:53 PM

The Clintons' upcoming states visits for April are released:
Hillary Clinton : New York -> New Jersey -> Wisconsin -> Pennsylvania -> Ohio -> Colorado -> Virginia -> New York -> Florida
Bill Clinton : Wisconsin -> California -> Wyoming -> Arkansas -> District of Columbia -> Massachusetts -> Connecticut
Chelsea Clinton : Oklahoma -> Arkansas -> Texas -> District of Columbia -> New York -> New Jersey -> Pennsylvania

Old 04-01-2016, 11:55 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
The Clintons' upcoming states visits for April are released:
Hillary Clinton : New York -> New Jersey -> Wisconsin -> Pennsylvania -> Ohio -> Colorado -> Virginia -> New York -> Florida
Bill Clinton : Wisconsin -> California -> Wyoming -> Arkansas -> District of Columbia -> Massachusetts -> Connecticut
Chelsea Clinton : Oklahoma -> Arkansas -> Texas -> District of Columbia -> New York -> New Jersey -> Pennsylvania
Do you have a list of Bernie's upcoming states visits for April?

Old 04-02-2016, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Do you have a list of Bernie's upcoming states visits for April?
No idea, actually hillary's schedule are only up to April 12th right now.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:42 AM

The remaining 22 contests are split in the 4 major regions of the US as follows:

Northeast (641 delegates) :
New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island

West (605 delegates) :
California, Oregon, New Mexico, Montana, Wyoming

South (220 delegates) :
Maryland, Kentucky, West Virginia, Delaware, District of Columbia

Midwest (207 delegates) :
Wisconsin, Indiana, South Dakota, North Dakota

Territories (74 delegates) :
Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands

Looks like Sanders will win more delegates from the West and Midwest while Hillary will prevail in the South and Northeast. The Territories will be roughly evenly split.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections